(Topic ID: 255107)

Bram Stoker's Dracula - Pinball Missing error

By GeorgiaDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So, I'm putting the finishing touches on a BSD rebuild - managed to get most everything 100%, even the mist multiball (thanks to a replacement board!), however I'm still fighting one particular issue:

At startup, at random times, the system notes 'Pinball Missing'. It then 'looks' like it's going to start a 20 second countdown, but stops at 20 seconds, and never proceeds.

Other times, it says 'Pinball Missing', and it 'does' start the timer, and after 20 seconds allows the game to start.

And finally, at times it simply starts the game with no errors.

Per the manual, is states it may be a Ball Trough switch, or Ball Shooter switch, both of which test 100%, never an issue there.

The ONLY other issue I'm still chasing is the opto 72 for the Coffin Popper - for some reason it quit tonight. I haven't had a chance to meter the wires to check for proper voltages, and it has a new opto board (yep, replaced both opto boards). Could this be the reason for random 'pinball missing' errors? Can't imagine so.

Any sage advise (actually any advise is appreciated !!!)?

#2 4 years ago

Well, I just found the issue with the opto 72 - the transmitter is 'gone'. There are solder joints on the board, but the IR LED is no longer there.

Looks like I'll be buying some IR LED's !

Still looking for opinions on the missing pinball issue, any thoughts?

#3 4 years ago

Do you have 4 balls in the machine? Does the switch for the staged “mist” ball test good (game stages a ball on right side of the pf under the shooter lane ramp)?

#4 4 years ago

I've had this occasionally where a ball will get hung up either in the coffin lock or the other subway on the lower left side of the game. Usually moving the game frees the ball up during play but I've had to lift the playfield up once in a while. It doesn't happen often but annoying when it does.

#5 4 years ago

The game only stages a ball for mist on what appears to be a random basis. I was under the impression that if a ball wasn't found there at start, the system would place one there, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And yes, there are four balls always in the game.

#6 4 years ago

Well, after replacing the IR Led in 72, the game is now appearing to be playing nearly perfectly. It still on occasion will show 'magnet unload' errors at startup, but the long range opto checks out 100%, no issues. Close, but not quite 100%!

#7 4 years ago

Mist can’t work without a ball to move along with the magnet so a ball is always staged there. If its switch is flaky, you’ll have missing ball messages.

2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Meant to get back to this - the long range sensors were the issue - after replacing the IR diode in the sender, the game is now 100%. I didn't realize how much the game play depends on this working correctly, no wonder the manufacturer gives a way to turn the whole darn thing off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stoker-s-dracula-pinball-missing-error?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.