62%
  • Fish Tales 27 votes
    38%

(71 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

My Gameroom Garage.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi, need opinion on those two pins, could have one of them for about the same price, not shure which one to take,so I need opinion of they owners or peoples who plays boths,Thanks

#2 10 years ago

No contest, BSD all day every day!

#3 10 years ago

Dracula, by miles.

#4 10 years ago

FT is a lot of fun for two or more to have fun with...a perfect bar game. Pretty easy objectives, but not too easy to rack up points on regularly.

BSD is tough and will make you a better player if you can stick with it. Not everyone's cup of tea and not even close to as family friendly and fun-for-all-levels as FT.

#5 10 years ago

BSD for me, punishes sloppy play

be warned not a family friendly pin

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

/END OF THREAD

#7 10 years ago

I have owned both and still own BSD, its a fantastic game. FT is good also, but I would take Drac anyday

#8 10 years ago

I'd say it depends on if the game is strictly for you or for you and your family/friends. BSD is a players game, but FT isn't easy either. When we have people over, non-pinheads seem to gravitate to FT thanks to the theme. Mist multiball is pretty freaking cool, however.

#9 10 years ago

BSD is so much better, that the poll seems downright silly.

#10 10 years ago

What EEE said is right on, BSD can be too hard. It's brutal and not very approachable for a new pinballer. FT is also a difficult game, but in general it's much more fun to the casual player.
That said, more than all the machines i've owned, i'd love to own it again.

#11 10 years ago

BSD can be really frustrating, so while it's the clear choice for most pinheads, and my vote if you're just comparing entertainment value and staying power for more serious players, if you want a game that will be entertaining for casual players/family it's not that clear cut of a decision. Fish Tales has more gimmicks and is an easier play, and especially if you are partial to the theme over Drac it's worth considering.

Poor Bram Stoker...no one ever spells his name right. At least it's not Stroker this time.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What EEE said is right on, BSD can be too hard. It's brutal and not very approachable for a new pinballer. FT is also a difficult game, but in general it's much more fun to the casual player

Looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time, Kneissl

#13 10 years ago

For adults.. Dracula! ..For the whole family FT all the way. Depends what you love and where it is going. Both good games. Get both and never look back! I have both and neither are leaving anytime soon.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks guys,I will go with BSD,now I have to find some decals for the cab(5) and the Dracula(playfield inserts),
Thanks Again

#15 10 years ago

I've owned both. FT is still here. But, I have a 3 and 5 year old. BSD is a little too much for kids IMHO.

Quoted from Hawk007:

For adults.. Dracula! ..For the whole family FT all the way.

I agree 100 percent

#16 10 years ago

BSD!!!!!!!!!1

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Nuff said ,,, FT is a Cool Pin but it's Not as Hair Rise-N as BSD .. 30 million !!! Own'd mine 4 Yr's & counting

I Can't believe it Out Lasted IM in my GRG .. , but i had 2 Sacrifice 1 .. Most Expensive

My Gameroom Garage.JPGMy Gameroom Garage.JPG

#18 10 years ago

bsd all day

#19 10 years ago

I have never played Dracula but I just sold a Fish Tales. I really, really wanted to enjoy FT but for some reason it just bores me. I feel like it was a great theme but that B/W could have done so much more with that game.

#20 10 years ago

I own a BSD and my buddy owns FT. The games are very similar in terms of difficulty and the "one more game" factor. You can't go wrong with either, honestly. I'd choose BSD on theme. There simply isn't another game that matches it's atmosphere.

#21 10 years ago

I've owned BSD and just currently acquired an FT. BSD is a cool pin, but I have to go with FT. For some reason, in the home environment, BSD wore out quickly for me. I, personally, prefer DW as an Oursler design over BSD too, so that's why DW stayed and BSD went. I think FT will stay for awhile, I've always enjoyed Mark Ritchie pins.

4 years later
#22 6 years ago

I was thinking about this recently, so instead of creating a new thread I'm going to bump a four year old thread...sorry.

The strategy for huge points in either game is through multiball. Fish Tales (FT) essentially has one multiball where you need to collect three tournament jackpots. Bram Stoker's Dracula (BSD) has three unique multiballs which can be stacked for 20 and 30 million point shots. That adds to the variety of BSD. It's perhaps one of the best multiball progressions in all of pinball. Both seem simple, but are challenging. Basing things simply on multiball, BSD is my clear winner.

So, let's get into other modes. Both games have a video mode that I actually enjoy. I do recommend adjusting the difficulty settings for BSD as the first wave is painfully slow. Given the choice, I'd probably choose shooting jet skiers over wolves, so I'll give a slight edge to FT, but again both modes are well above average. BSD also has Bats and Rats modes, which are identical. Nothing too special. FT has more going on outside of multiball including: Stringer, Stretch the Truth, Feeding Frenzy, Rock The Boat, and Monster Fish. Where BSD is pretty much solely based on multiball, you have more risk reward options for FT. There is a viable strategy to focus on the Stringer and Monster Fish. That will not match a game were Super Jackpots are achieved, but that's a high risk strategy. Basing things simply on modes, FT is my clear winner.

In my opinion both are great games. On either machine, I feel like I'm always a few shots away from having a great game. For that reason, both games really get the adrenaline pumping. It's almost painful to have to choose, but if I could only keep one, it would be Fish Tales.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's almost painful to have to choose, but if I could only keep one, it would be Fish Tales.

You chose... poorly

#24 6 years ago

BSD hovers around the most over rated games of all times.

#25 6 years ago

As much as I like the Fish Tales theme, it is really limited on shots.

BSD is my "over rated" favorite DMD game of all time. Not just because of the eerie theme, cool music and call outs, but great shots and stacking of everything.

#26 6 years ago

4 years....goddamn research study lol the pole has spoken.

#27 6 years ago

Both games' multiballs can end as quickly as they started. BSD narrow flippers make trapping up and separating dangerous in itself.

BSD is as imposing as it looks. FT looks like an easy family/kiddie game, but punishes sloppiness all the same. Miss the ramp/captive ball and those rubbers on the posts will send rockets to the center/outlane drains.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Both games' multiballs can end as quickly as they started. BSD narrow flippers make trapping up and separating dangerous in itself.

That implies that the FT in question isn't using also Lightning Flippers...which of course is a debate raging for years.

#29 6 years ago

FT is fun and I had it for a year. I don't miss it. I had BSD FOR 6 months and sold it 5 years ago. Missed the hell out of it and picked up another one 3 years ago. It will never leave. I play it almost daily. I love over rated games like BSD and TZ. They never get old like the 65 pins I have sold.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That implies that the FT in question isn't using also Lightning Flippers...which of course is a debate raging for years.

Every FT I've played had Lightning Flippers. This can't be said for BSD - I've found most people put regular flippers on BSD making it easier.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

Every FT I've played had Lightning Flippers. This can't be said for BSD - I've found most people put regular flippers on BSD making it easier.

Well we know FT was designed for regular flippers but shipped with Lightnings...but when I was growing up I only saw them with normal size I THINK!
BSD I usually see with Lightning but true I see it more now than I did back then...probably cause of the smaller run.

#32 6 years ago

I'll give BSD a slight edge but they are both pretty much in the same ballpark as far as depth and longevity goes. Toss up for me, really. Both are solid games.

FT would get a slight edge in the depth department I think, it's much tougher to light and score super jackpots than it is to stack all three multiballs on BSD. FT also has more scoring modes.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

Almost every time I play a BSD with full sized flippers on it, I’ll get the Thirty Milllllionnnn callout. Boring. When I get it on my BSD, I’m thrilled because it’s so tough to do.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Dracula, by miles.

And OMG! I just realized I said this 4 years ago in this thread!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And OMG! I just realized I said this 4 years ago in this thread!

Thee's nothing wrong with being consistant

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Almost every time I play a BSD with full sized flippers on it, I’ll get the Thirty Milllllionnnn callout. Boring. When I get it on my BSD, I’m thrilled because it’s so tough to do.

Try putting some two inch bats on it and see how often you get Thirty Milllllionnnn......

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You chose... poorly

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority. Thankfully, I don't (currently) have to choose.

PS: I've got lightning flippers on both.

#38 6 years ago

BSD. I really like that game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stockers-dracula-vs-fish-tales?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.