(Topic ID: 150905)

Brainstorming on Mfg friendliness: Troll Filtering?

By visi0n

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Troll Control - Where do you stand?”

• Don't sensor free speech, man 5 votes
      12%
    • Trolling is fun / Trolling it not a problem here 2 votes
      5%
    • Create curated zones for manufacturers/businesses, like Officially - Official threads w/ potentially op-influenced moderation 12 votes
      29%
    • The ignore feature solves this already for me 9 votes
      22%
    • Create a troll scoreboard - a wall of shame (or pride for some!) 3 votes
      7%
    • This is a lost cause, you cannot de-troll the internet 7 votes
      17%
    • Moderate more 4 votes
      10%
    • Eject repeat-offender troublemakers altogether 9 votes
      22%
    • Do nothing - everything is fine, why is this even a topic? 10 votes
      24%

(Multiple choice - 41 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rainforest-interactive-for-3rd-grade-3-728_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago

If you allow manufacturers to moderate their own threads then you are just playing into their hands. People speak up when they see a problem, and there are plenty of those. They aren't always trolls but some like to see people get what they paid for.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

the alternative is no participation from manufacturers on Pinside at all, so pick your poison.

Some manufacturers only show up here when they have something to sell or somebody else to blame for a problem. But when a real problem with their product arises, they tend to go hide their head in the sand.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Can you explain "mfg friendliness" to me? Like "manufacturing friendliness"?

That's where they say "oh, you've got a problem with the machine? Well, don't worry, we are sending one of our reps out asap to inspect and resolve the problem."

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

It's better than not having them on Pinside at all, which is the current situation.

I disagree. If you come on this forum to take money from people, then you sure as hell should respond to anybody that has problem with it instead of waiting for the issue to just get forgotten. Just my opinion of course

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Why should they be forced to spend all their time responding to one or two people, over and over and over, who have no interest in anything other than stirring up shit?

I'm not talking about one or two people here. I'm talking about many game buyers that have posted problems but no response on this forum. Yet they still post new items for sale. That's what I'm seeing. Lots of frustrated buyers.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Vendors won't forget something if you're calling them on the phone and sending emails to their inbox, but posting a complaint in a forum which receives thousands of messages a day is unlikely to even be found by a vendor

One sure jumped on here fast when a machine was damaged during shipping. And was quick to say file a claim against them. But is nowhere to be found with QC issues. And then sends threatening messages to those that call him out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you use this site to make a profit, then use it to make things right instead of stringing people along until they are pulling their hair out. Or don't come here at all. Good riddance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brainstorming-on-mfg-friendliness-troll-filtering?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.