Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pooman2084
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-2.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Any ideas that haven't been done yet? A cool toy idea? Any ideas for something that hasn't been seen before? It can be a totally zany and impractical idea. This is just for fun. Maybe one of our ideas will be used someday!

A couple examples:

I'd like to see a good 360 loop ramp pulled off. Maybe it has been done already.

Maybe a backboard of targets that can be shot down with a cannon/gun toy (imagine duck targets in a carnival game)

A tilting playfield that forces player to play reverse pinball at certain times. Flippers on bough sides. Kinda like the 2 player Joust game but for 1 player. No idea how the playfield design would work! Lol

An LCD playfield... All video under the ball. A playfield that knows where the ball is and can draw flames and stuff behind it

Let's hear some ideas creative people!

#2 10 years ago

A "boss fight" toy hidden under the playfield that pops out during multiball. I'm finding it hard to describe, but imagine a toy similar to the Hulk in Avengers. Instead of being on the PF at all times, the figure is hidden below the PF. It would be bent over, with the PF over his back. When he pops up, the portion of PF that covers him would not be very noticeable. Heck, it would be awesome if had magnetic hands or something.

I jusst think it would be awesome to see some kind of monster burst out from below the pf and the player battles him during multiball!

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from MattG:

A "boss fight" toy hidden under the playfield that pops out during multiball. I'm finding it hard to describe, but imagine a toy similar to the Hulk in Avengers. Instead of being on the PF at all times, the figure is hidden below the PF. It would be bent over, with the PF over his back. When he pops up, the portion of PF that covers him would not be very noticeable. Heck, it would be awesome if had magnetic hands or something.
    I jusst think it would be awesome to see some kind of monster burst out from below the pf and the player battles him during multiball!

That would be awesome!

Iron Man has something like that with Iron Monger but what you describe sounds cooler!

Maybe even a turntable of a few boss characters under the playfield. It spins underneath (unseen to player) and pops up up a few different bosses

#4 10 years ago

Glow in the dark balls that are charged by light under the playfield and then put into play for a MB.

#5 10 years ago

Corkscrew ramp.

#6 10 years ago

Clear subways, sort of like a visible under ramp.
    Be cool to see the silver ball move under the table.

#7 10 years ago

Dual playfields in one cabinet that are back to back and rotate during the game.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Any ideas that haven't been done yet? A cool toy idea? Any ideas for something that hasn't been seen before? It can be a totally zany and impractical idea. This is just for fun. Maybe one of our ideas will be used someday!
    A couple examples:
    I'd like to see a good 360 loop ramp pulled off. Maybe it has been done already.
    Maybe a backboard of targets that can be shot down with a cannon/gun toy (imagine duck targets in a carnival game)
    A tilting playfield that forces player to play reverse pinball at certain times. Flippers on bough sides. Kinda like the 2 player Joust game but for 1 player. No idea how the playfield design would work! Lol
    An LCD playfield... All video under the ball. A playfield that knows where the ball is and can draw flames and stuff behind it
    Let's hear some ideas creative people!

360 ramp in Radical.
    Backboard shooting targets with cannon in T3.
    Tilting playfield has been done years ago. (Played an EM at PHOF that pulled off this trick).
    LCD playfield with ball tracking is being done now by P3 guys.

Here's my idea.

LCD screen in backbox, sub terrainian playfield that can only be seen via camera feed which is displayed on LCD.

#9 10 years ago

Someone needs to create the total recall pin that never happened (not sure if FP could handle a double playfield)
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4335

image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg

#10 10 years ago

In general (real pinball and virtual ones) I'd like to see more innovation in mechanical moving things. Seems like everything is rehashing the same concept over and over (only so many ways you can build ramps or put toys on a playfiled). Here's a few examples:

#11 10 years ago

Completed software on release....?!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brainstorm-something-innovative-for-future-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.