(Topic ID: 199134)

Brady Bunch Pinball Re-theme ~ yes or no ?

By schmoo

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Not_the_Bradys_XXX_Cover (resized).jpg
a1328_thumb (resized).jpg
IMG_2520 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
shot0035 (resized).png
images-6 (resized).jpg
bobbrady1 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
oliver (resized).jpg
The_Brady_Bunch1 (resized).jpg
mbnose.gif

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I recently completed a re-theme, turning a Bally Hotdoggin' into a Smokey and the Bandit. It turned out very well and has now found a new home.

For a while I have been considering turning my Mystic into a Brady Bunch. The tic-tac-toe target design is perfect for it.

But the goal is always to sell the pin when I am finished and I'm not sure if the theme is something that someone else would want to own.

Mystic gameplay doesn't get a lot of love so thought the re-theme would also be a chance to make the game a little more fun ( and fair ) to play.

Was hoping people could give me some feedback. Am I crazy for sacrificing a Mystic ? Let me know. Is the Brady Bunch kinda lame ? Let me know that too.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Do you have pictures of the Hotdoggin' re-theme?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

Am I crazy for sacrificing a Mystic ? Let me know. Is the Brady Bunch kinda lame ? Let me

Brady Bunch isn;t lame but killing a Mystic is. That game is awesome.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Do you have pictures of the Hotdoggin' re-theme?

vid and pics in this thread :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smokey-and-the-bandit-retheme-1

#5 6 years ago

YES, do it!
add a poll Dude!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

...add a poll Dude!

I don't know how.

#7 6 years ago

As others have pointed out, Mystic is a rather sought after game. Would be a shame to kill one. You could do an X's & O's into The Hollywood Squares. But I realize you already own the Mystic.

Stick the Characters from Full House on there. At least its about 10 years newer.

#8 6 years ago

Marcia Marcia Marcia multiball...

#9 6 years ago

Mom always said dont play ball in the house mode...
Wheres Jans glasses jackpot
Greg surfs like shit multiball...
Puberty ruined my singing career...

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Marcia Marcia Marcia multiball...

#11 6 years ago

Oh my nose!

mbnose.gifmbnose.gif

#12 6 years ago

You have to do this.

Nice job on the STB pin!

#13 6 years ago

It has to have Thindy thing thlots, Carol kickback, Peter pop bumpers and a Bobby bash toy.

#14 6 years ago

Do it Do it do it do it, DO IT!

#15 6 years ago

Bobby gets the mumps from that slut down the street mode.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It has to have Thindy thing thlots, Carol kickback, Peter pop bumpers and a Bobby bash toy.

Peter beats the shit out of Buddy Hinton for making fun of Cindy's speech impediment mode.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

I don't know how.

pretty sure you go back to post one and there might be a option to edit and then to add a poll but that might be time limited on starting the thread ???

#18 6 years ago

as for the re-theme, would be fun and you could introduce the house texture, wood panelling of the car and clothing colours into the art and would be cool.

and for sounds step up to the WAV Trigger for overlapping sounds with a heap of variety
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/wav-trigger-hookup-guide-v11?_ga=2.193834286.248046402.1497335576-1526744906.1495167266

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and for sounds step up to the WAV Trigger for overlapping sounds ...

Yes, I agree that if I do this, I would like to move from the mp3 trigger to the WAV.

As for all the MODE suggestions, I know most of them are in jest, but keep in mind, this is a Mystic and I am not a programmer, so the re-theme would not have cool things like multi-ball or ramps.

Unlike the Smokey/Bandit re-theme, I would be keeping this one pretty close to the original with a few exceptions to make the game play more fair. So anyone who didn;t like Mystic's gameplay, would not like this either.

I wonder if anyone has a completely pooched Mystic playfield so I wouldn't feel so bad trashing this one.

#20 6 years ago

There are better ideas for a custom theme.

Still, a break Marcia's nose frenzy, where she takes 100 basketball hits off the face to complete the mode... and a Jan hates Marcia multiball - followed by a Greg sleeps with Carol in real life wizard mode - could be pretty funny.
Lawlor like Modes too: Westdale's playbook get's stolen. The Silver Platters sing for the money. Mom's favorite vase cover-up. Mr Phillips design deadline is overdue. Bobby's pie eating contest. Marcia becomes a school play diva, and gets fired.
So cheesy - so very early 70's.

I'm going to stop now (yes - watched way too much).

#21 6 years ago

Special guest star Modes.

Davy Jones sings "Girl, look what you've done to me" to wanna be groupie Marcia. Marcia then blows Davy for Coke. (Yes, she used to blow people for coke. It's in her memoir.)

Vincent Price ties up the boys in a cave with plans to murder them with a spear to protect his archeological find. Mike Brady rescues them then invites Price to a Luau.

Jim Bachus locks up the Bunch in a Jail cell while stealing their car leaving them to die a slow and painful death to protect his gold claim. Carol's purse saves the day. Mike Brady then invites Bachus to join them for dinner.
(That Mike Brady is a very forgiving man)

Man, there was some pretty fucked up shit that went down on that show.

#22 6 years ago

The 3 x 3 grid leaves off someone -

The_Brady_Bunch1 (resized).jpgThe_Brady_Bunch1 (resized).jpg

oliver (resized).jpgoliver (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Cousin Oliver outhole

#24 6 years ago

No no no says thing form The Adams Family pin

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Like older brother Chuck on season 1 Happy Days, I think the show creators would just like to pretend Cousin Oliver never happened.
Speaking of which, how about a Happy Days retheme?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Cousin Oliver outhole

He don't count. The shark had already jumped by then.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Like older brother Chuck on season 1 Happy Days, I think the show creators would just like to pretend Cousin Oliver never happened.
Speaking of which, how about a Happy Days retheme?

Cousin Oliver (Robbie Rist) did the voiceover of Michelangelo on TMNT (movie) Anyone know if that is his voice one the Pinball as well?

#28 6 years ago

Robert Reed mystery lifestyle multiball..

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

There are better ideas for a custom theme.

Such as ?

#30 6 years ago

I'm not sure I'd bother doing a retheme when it's pretty obvious one of the big pinball companies will be releasing a Brady Bunch 50th anniversary pinball machine in the next few years.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Bobby gets the mumps from that slut down the street mode.

I believe the slut was Millicent....
Sad that I remember that.

#32 6 years ago

I think you should go for it. Your first one turned out great and some of the modes people point out would be fantastic!

#33 6 years ago

Greg caught smoking mini wizard mode!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#34 6 years ago

Jesse James kills the entire family on a train main wizard mode.

bobbrady1 (resized).jpgbobbrady1 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

Sam the butcher delivers the meat to Alice mode ...

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Rabbit:

Sam the butcher delivers the meat to Alice mode ...

images-6 (resized).jpgimages-6 (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I believe the slut was Millicent....
Sad that I remember that.

Bobby saved her cat from the chimney of an abandoned house. She was quick to give it up after that brave act of heroism.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jesse James kills the entire family on a train main wizard mode.

Didn't even need bullets. Just yelled bang, and massacred them all.

Sick fucking show, when you think about it.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure I'd bother doing a retheme when it's pretty obvious one of the big pinball companies will be releasing a Brady Bunch 50th anniversary pinball machine in the next few years.

And once again they will go for the oldies band version -

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Robert Reed mystery lifestyle multiball..

I always thought there was something going on between him and Mr. Ditmeyer.

#41 6 years ago

Are you close enough to sell me your backglass if you do it?

#42 6 years ago

Loved your Smokey re theme but I gotta say no to this one. Just something creepy about a pin plastered with young kids on it. Just do Escape From NY and make the masses happy.

#43 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have decided not to do the re-theme at this time.

For me, the deciding factor was o-din's comment about the 50th anniversary coming up ( in 2019, I assume ) and how one of the manufacturers might do a BB pin.

Although I could probably get mine finished some time next year, I would hate to be putting the finishing touches on it, just as Stern or some other company announces their 2019 release !

Even a simple re-theme takes 1000+ hours, so it's too much of a time investment to have the wind taken out of your sails ( and "sales" ) like that.

I started the artwork and will hold onto it. Maybe in 2020, if the pin isn't produced, I will pick up where I left off. By then, there should be a lot of pooched Mystic playfields out there.

In the meantime, I can try something else. I have a Supersonic and a nasty Playboy that I was thinking of using for a re-theme. NOBODY is going to mourn the loss of a Supersonic.

#44 6 years ago

Aww. I would say since you have some art post it up but if it really is "the pipe" somewhere it would get stolen. One things for sure... I know way to much about the Brady Bunch because I know what every post here means.

#45 6 years ago

What about instead of Brady Bunch and Happy Days - there's 8 - 9 key cast members, cool music, cars, bikes, diner and lots of adventures to tap into.....

#46 6 years ago

Thanks for the laughs, this is really funny. Keep it going.

Peter's backyard exploding volcano mode.

shot0035 (resized).pngshot0035 (resized).png

#47 6 years ago

I would love to see a Knight Rider

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from bookemdano:

I would love to see a Knight Rider

Christopher Knight?

#49 6 years ago

Jan's romantic encounter with George Glass, mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brady-bunch-pinball-re-theme-yes-or-no and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.