• Latest reply 11 years ago by smokedog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cookie.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

After much decision, I've decided to boycott Stern and pulled my order for MMOP. My distributor along with others over our great United States have had there allotments reduced. Gary says there is more money to be made overseas. Go get it Gary. My cash will go towards Bally/Williams titles here in the good ol' USA.

SEMPER FI

#2 11 years ago

Horsehockey!

#3 11 years ago

No B.S. I told my distributor to shred my check. Gary ain't gettin' my money.

#4 11 years ago

Can I have your spot/order?

#5 11 years ago

Vulgar display of power.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Vulgar display of power.

I'm shocked by it.

#7 11 years ago

Wait so ...you got one and you're STILL pissed off.

It's been said in other threads, so I can't take credit...but - WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEMS!!!!

#8 11 years ago

Cannot and will not support Stern Pinball anymore.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

They've always sold games to other countries. Pinball isn't just for Americans...the world loves it!

#10 11 years ago

Ok I Am Brett Favre .I am back !!!

My cash will go towards Bally/Williams titles here in the good ol' USA.

SEMPER FI

thanks for Serving Sir.

Also I being a Steve Ritchie fan. Metallica and Star Trek it's hard but I can resist . It's a lot of money that someone else can spend then . That Old grey Jolly old mans Company Just Jumped the Shark and pissed on me and others with this ,I agree.
I am Happy Pinballs are still being made today but if this is the respect and treatment STERN gives to potential customers then the hell with them . I Guess leave it to the vendors and put them on locations and send over seas To the vendors there where there I s that type of market . here in the US it is the Collectors who make up the market . we try to buy from Vendors that they have listed /Talk personally with them , them with stern . Create an Invoice , then back out , Glad I picked a US vendor off their list and paid in full on April 12th just to be told Today . No Product

Yes I can Boycott and will ,jealous yes ,but my anger rules out the being Jealous

#12 11 years ago

What they did to the distributors is bad business practice. Like I said, cannot and will not support what Stern did.

#13 11 years ago

You need a break from pinball.. If you really gave your spot up for free, you need a serious break .

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

thanks for Serving Sir.
Also I being a Steve Ritchie fan. Metallica and Star Trek it's hard but I can resist . It's a lot of money that someone else can spend then . That Old grey Jolly old mans Company Just Jumped the Shark and pissed on me and others with this ,I agree.
I am Happy Pinballs are still being made today but if this is the respect and treatment STERN gives to potential customers then the hell with them . I Guess leave it to the vendors and put them on locations and send over seas To the vendors there where there I s that type of market . here in the US it is the Collectors who make up the market . we try to buy from Vendors that they have listed /Talk personally with them , them with stern . Create an Invoice , then back out , Glad I picked a US vendor off their list and paid in full on April 12th just to be told Today . No Product
Yes I can Boycott and will ,jealous yes ,but my anger rules out the being Jealous

Who shot who in the what, now?

#15 11 years ago

Gary Stern Wonders Why pinball is dying in the states and then send em overseas..=Priceless

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

What they did to the distributors is bad business practice. Like I said, cannot and will not support what Stern did.

......so, I'm not quite clear. Are you supporting Stern any longer?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Gary Stern Wonders Why pinball is dying in the states and then send em overseas..=Priceless

Seriously, is this Dr. Suess? Is this performance art?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

Well you don't own any Stern's now, and none are on your wish list, so how much were you really supporting them before?

Good luck with your boycott!

#19 11 years ago

Just sold TSPP and HD. Stern free

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

Did you buy either of those NIB?

#21 11 years ago

Sure...but not till after Star Trek.

#22 11 years ago

Yay. Here's your cookie.

Cookie.jpgCookie.jpg

#23 11 years ago

I BoYcOtT eDsEl motors,,,Sam I am.

I wilL nOT bUY an EdSel from gARy StErn

I WiLL nOt watCH a FilM sTaRring LauRa DErn

#24 11 years ago

No. Only NIB was IM several years ago

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

You sold TSPP a month ago, at least. It had nothing to do with this issue. I remember when you sold it on the DFW listserv.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

while providing you with premiums which is the same game? The whole point of limited is to make it limited?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You sold TSPP a month ago, at least. It had nothing to do with this issue. I remember when you sold it on the DFW listserv.

Owned!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You may want to get you facts straight before you put you foot in you mouth Gambit. I listed TSPP for sale a month ago. It only sold 12 days ago. That money was going towards MOPP. Not now.

#30 11 years ago

Can you list the distributor that ripped up the check ? I would really like to validate the story .

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Vulgar display of power.

Wrong band, how about Fight Fire With Fire!

#32 11 years ago

You do realize that products that are made in the USA and then exported are extremely good for this country, right?

Quoted from raddroxx:

My cash will go towards Bally/Williams titles here in the good ol' USA.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Can you list the distributor that ripped up the check ? I would really like to validate the story .

What distributor would not let anyone out to sell at a higher price?

#34 11 years ago

Sorry, but the only thing I think of when reading this thread is the term "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Quoted from jalpert:

You do realize that products that are made in the USA and then exported are extremely good for this country, right?

But not as good as supporting an American Company that stopped making pins...by buying the old ones.

Quoted from Rush1169:

LOL. Not one. It isn't the distributor's story that he is doubting!

#35 11 years ago

You guys sure know how to beat stuff into the ground around here. Sooooooo sick of this title and it isn't even out yet!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

None! What guy would give his confirmed mop back with out trying to sell his spot ?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#38 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

None! What guy would give his confirmed mop back with out trying to sell his spot ?

One that is not a prick and thinks he should always profit off his good fortune rather than just leaving it for the next guy in line.

It is perfectly clear what you would have done I guess.

#39 11 years ago

#40 11 years ago

Word up on that tip. I'm already getting to not like the pin and its the only one I've been excited to see come out.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is perfectly clear what you would have done I guess.

Is it ? Who are you, some sort of super hero ?

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

None! What person would boycott a company the produced a product that increased their net worth upon purchase?

#43 11 years ago

Sorry, but this is so dumb. Spend your money however you like, but this is just a tantrum now. It's like we're watching the 12 stages of grief over something that no one has even seen.

#44 11 years ago

Pretty clear what I am talking about. There are some folks that are not interested in profiting off their spot by trying to sell it to someone else.

Based on Jim's comments he is insinuating that he would do that (sell his spot).

#45 11 years ago

I agree. Who ever bought a MM NIB should sell it to me for $3200. If they dont they are terrible people.

#46 11 years ago

I don't believe this to be a debacle. This is a calculated marketing tactic.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Based on Jim's comments he is insinuating that he would do that (sell his spot).

I am not in his situation and believe he is full of shit ! That is my point ! Get over yourself WHYSNOW !

#48 11 years ago

Smokedog, I do not think there are any spots in line for NIB MMs unless you are referring to Wayne's...

#49 11 years ago

LOL if it looks this bad now, wait till the code ships incomplete!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boycotting-stern-pinball-after-mmop-debacle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.