8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mattmarr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160325_201042_(resized).jpg
    20160325_204141_(resized).jpg
    20160325_204125_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

OK, I might be late to the party here, but was driving through NC on vacation last week and stopped overnight in Raleigh. Checked the pinmap and saw Boxcar Arcade had TH, GOT, TWD, and a number of other cool titles. http://theboxcarbar.com/

Man, I loved this place. My only regret is that I only had about an hour and a half to hang out. I focused my time almost exclusively on pinball, but definitely need to go back to explore their other options. I brought my 15 year old son who loved the pinball but also all the old school arcade machines. Enjoyed teaching him how to play Paperboy. They even had skeeball in the back.

Other pros:
    - Beer for sale - it's basically a bar. Great selection of craft brews.
    - Clean, family atmosphere - despite above, under 21 are allowed until 9 pm.
    - Beer holders on almost all machines
    - Dogs allowed - super cool.
    - Machines were high quality and well maintained. Pinball machines are front and center right when you walk in. That was nice.
    - Located in a hip part of town. Lots of other bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Only bummer was that a ball got stuck in a popup on TH. Was wedged in so tight that the ball search didn't fix it. Apparently some of the machines the guys on site didn't have a key to open the glass. But, hey, it's pinball and so that's to be expected.

Anyway, just wanted to give these guys a plug and thanks for creating such great spot and putting pinball on location someplace I actually WANT to go play and feel great dumping my money in over and over again.

20160325_204125_(resized).jpg20160325_204125_(resized).jpg

20160325_204141_(resized).jpg20160325_204141_(resized).jpg

20160325_201042_(resized).jpg20160325_201042_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boxcar-arcade-in-raleigh?tu=jeffa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.