OK, I might be late to the party here, but was driving through NC on vacation last week and stopped overnight in Raleigh. Checked the pinmap and saw Boxcar Arcade had TH, GOT, TWD, and a number of other cool titles. http://theboxcarbar.com/
Man, I loved this place. My only regret is that I only had about an hour and a half to hang out. I focused my time almost exclusively on pinball, but definitely need to go back to explore their other options. I brought my 15 year old son who loved the pinball but also all the old school arcade machines. Enjoyed teaching him how to play Paperboy. They even had skeeball in the back.
- Beer for sale - it's basically a bar. Great selection of craft brews.
- Clean, family atmosphere - despite above, under 21 are allowed until 9 pm.
- Beer holders on almost all machines
- Dogs allowed - super cool.
- Machines were high quality and well maintained. Pinball machines are front and center right when you walk in. That was nice.
- Located in a hip part of town. Lots of other bars and restaurants within walking distance.
Only bummer was that a ball got stuck in a popup on TH. Was wedged in so tight that the ball search didn't fix it. Apparently some of the machines the guys on site didn't have a key to open the glass. But, hey, it's pinball and so that's to be expected.
Anyway, just wanted to give these guys a plug and thanks for creating such great spot and putting pinball on location someplace I actually WANT to go play and feel great dumping my money in over and over again.