2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gtbcreditunit1 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

My 64' Gottlieb Bowling Queen ball rack coil stays energized and won't de-energize. Also, game motor keeps turning and will not reset, any help would be much appreciated.

#2 2 years ago

I haven't had this game in over 15 years but if memory serves me..... The relay that adds a ball, (strike), in the backglass is underneath the playfield and close to the middle, check this first. Manually pull the relay armature open, (turning it off), and if it wants to pull back in, there is probably a rollover switch on the playfield accidently making, (and not cancelling), that is keeping it energized.

The 50-point relay that is scored when a strike is added is probably what is keeping the score motor constantly turning.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Boatcat. Haven't talked to you in a couple years. Will take a look.

#4 2 years ago

Not sure you fixed your problem. I just restored a Bowling Queen and went through every switch and relay. First check that one of the wire forms on any of the 12 rollovers is not stuck. Then as Boatcat said check the switches on the associated relay. Look at both relays involved in advancing a backbox ball. 1. The G Relay (Ball Rack Advance unit) with 3 normally open sws on this relay. 2. Also check the P Relay (Series relay) with 4 normally open sws. Specifically the Red-Gr wire sw on the P relay.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Carlo45

#6 2 years ago

Got the ball rack de-energized. Got the motor to stop constantly turning. Lights all on, but seems like no power to the bumpers, flippers, rollovers, slingshots nothing. Checked fuses, all good. Any ideas.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from wesley:

Got the ball rack de-energized. Got the motor to stop constantly turning. Lights all on, but seems like no power to the bumpers, flippers, rollovers, slingshots nothing. Checked fuses, all good. Any ideas.

Check "game over", and "tilt" relays. Playfield power runs through both of them.
    What was causing the ball rack coil to stay energized?

#8 2 years ago

Not Sure. I readjusted the switches on the credit reel, and it seemed to have some affect. I'll see if I can send you a picture.

gtbcreditunit1 (resized).jpggtbcreditunit1 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago
    Quoted from wesley:

Not Sure. I readjusted the switches on the credit reel, and it seemed to have some affect. I'll see if I can send you a picture.
    [quoted image]

Credit unit has very little bearing on game operation. You seem to be overly concerned with it. All it does is keep track of credits, and allow the game to start with the start button if there's anything other than no credits.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bowling-queen-2?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.