(Topic ID: 171060)

Bow and Arrow: What would you do with this playfield?

By cyberkni

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AJRACE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25869070215_f1558dde57_k (resized).jpg
25868152785_5368922f37_z (resized).jpg
IMG_20161014_081138 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My playfield has:
- bare spots down to the wood
- chipping paint
- globby amateur touchup paint
- sharpie pen touchups for keylining and also underneath some of the older touchup paint
- standard ball wear at the top

Is my playfield too far gone for touchups? It seems like I'd need to cover so much ground that it might be better/easier to sand it all off and start over. Has anyone done a complete playfield paint job? Maybe my best option is to just accept this worn playfield as it is and just mylar over it to preserve whats left.

What would you do with this?

IMG_20161014_081138 (resized).jpgIMG_20161014_081138 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I would clean it and repaint it with acrylics.

Yves

#3 7 years ago

Can you do the work yourself? Do you enjoy the repair process?

If the financial aspect of the repair is a consideration I'd wax it, mylar over high traffic areas, and play it as is.

If you can airbrush and clearcoat yourself it will be a rewarding project.

Also consider finding a replacement. If the restore process isn't your thing maybe replacing the playfield with a better one would do.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Can you do the work yourself? Do you enjoy the repair process?

I'm a pretty avid DIYer of all forms. I've been working on the electrical and mechanical elements of the game already. My skillset gets a bit shaky when it comes to artistic skills. I don't want my pinball machine to end up looking like a blotchy smeary mess due to a lack of skills.

If the financial aspect of the repair is a consideration I'd wax it, mylar over high traffic areas, and play it as is.

If you can airbrush and clearcoat yourself it will be a rewarding project.

I've happily put myself upside-down on sunk costs on arcade related projects before.

In general I don't count my time invested in hobby projects as a cost. I don't own an airbrush yet but it seems like they can be had for within my budget.

Also consider finding a replacement. If the restore process isn't your thing maybe replacing the playfield with a better one would do.

I'm absolutely considering this option right now.

#5 7 years ago

There was an NOS one for sale a while back, maybe somebody bought it and didn't use it. I would highly recommend throwing a wanted ad out there for this fact alone, but there may likely be a good used replacement out there for you too.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

There was an NOS one for sale a while back, maybe somebody bought it and didn't use it. I would highly recommend throwing a wanted ad out there for this fact alone, but there may likely be a good used replacement out there for you too.

Yep. I'm talking to a fellow pinsider about a replacement. I suspect I'll be heading down this path.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from cyberkni:

Yep. I'm talking to a fellow pinsider about a replacement. I suspect I'll be heading down this path.

Once you're done replacing it (if you go down that path) and want to unload the old one without throwing it out let me know. I may be doing a weird project I can use it in.

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

If it were me I'd repaint that bad boy!

25868152785_5368922f37_z (resized).jpg25868152785_5368922f37_z (resized).jpg

25869070215_f1558dde57_k (resized).jpg25869070215_f1558dde57_k (resized).jpg

5 years later
#9 2 years ago

Hi I am also looking for a Bow and Arrow Playfield. Did you find a new one? Please let me know. i am in the process of refurbishing the machine and cannot locate any new/used/overlay for this machine. Thanks Al

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-what-would-you-do-with-this-playfield?hl=cyberkni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.