• Latest reply 3 years ago by Odinius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bow and Arrow 1000 point relay (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

i have an issue on my Bow and Arrow. It struggles to score certain values. It will count up the score and stutter when it tries to score the last 2k (or the first 1k) so the 1000 score unit gets stuck halfway and it misses 1000 points.

This is an issue on all players. As far as I can tell it only happens when it tries to score 1000, 2000, 6000 and 7000.

Any idea where to look?

#2 3 years ago

There are many things that can score 1000 points:
Bow and Arrow 1000 point relay (resized).jpgBow and Arrow 1000 point relay (resized).jpg
So determining which part of the circuit might have an issue is hard to say. Can you be a little more specific about when the problem happens?

I assume that it happens when one of the multiple 1000 point awards is happening. The multiple 1000 point awards are driven by different Score Motor Switches (in the circles in the schematic above). It may be that one or more of those switches isn't closing reliably or long enough to advance the Score Reel. If you can narrow down when the problem happens, or when it doesn't happen, that might help zero in on the likely switch(es).

The motor chart below the schematic shows when each of the switches closes as the motor turns. A switch on motor cam 2 for example closes 5 times as the motor turns through one cycle while a switch on cam 3 closes only once. The chart shows two complete Score Motor cycles.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

There are many things that can score 1000 points:
[quoted image]
So determining which part of the circuit might have an issue is hard to say. Can you be a little more specific about when the problem happens?
I assume that it happens when one of the multiple 1000 point awards is happening. The multiple 1000 point awards are driven by different Score Motor Switches (in the circles in the schematic above). It may be that one or more of those switches isn't closing reliably or long enough to advance the Score Reel. If you can narrow down when the problem happens, or when it doesn't happen, that might help zero in on the likely switch(es).
The motor chart below the schematic shows when each of the switches closes as the motor turns. A switch on motor cam 2 for example closes 5 times as the motor turns through one cycle while a switch on cam 3 closes only once. The chart shows two complete Score Motor cycles.
/Mark

Cheers, will try to tighten the switch stacks. Fixed some other issues I had

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.