Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CMarkum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

A year ago I purchased a Bow and Arrow project in a bundle with another machine. The B&A had a perfect back glass and decent playfield, but was filthy, had a less than nice cabinet, and a squirrel's nest in it. The guy I bought it from probably saved it from a landfill and kept it dry and safe, but never had the time to invest in fixing it. After a thorough cleanup, contact cleaning, etc, it is a pretty nice machine. Now I have the following issues that keep it from being a real player:

When I hit start it keeps cycling and I have to manually push the reset coil to stop the cycling.

When it gets to player 4 it does not go back to player 1, unless I trip the PSSU back to player one.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have only been in the hobby about a year, so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

When you say you have to push the reset coil, do you mean the Reset Relay isn't energizing?
On the PSUU (Player-Step-Up-Unit) not resetting, you may want to make sure the PSUU and
Coin Step Up wiper boards are clean and the wipers are making good contact with their wiper boards..

#3 5 years ago

When I push start the relay energizes, but does not release. I have to push on the relay to break the connection.

#4 5 years ago

Okay, this is what's labeled as the "Reset Relay"..
There's a set of contacts (9E) that run off of the score motor's cam that breaks
and cuts the the current to the Reset Relay.
Also, is the "G.O. (Game Over) Relay going into the game play mode?
When the G.O. Relay is in the game play mode (game over light is not lit in the backglass),
a set of contacts in the G.O. Relay should open, thus breaking the current to the Reset relay,
but I'd first maybe suspect the 9E set of contacts on the score motor's cam being the issue..
Also, probably not, but does the Coin Relay remain energized?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from CMarkum:

I have to manually push the reset coil

Quoted from CMarkum:

When I push start the relay energizes, but does not release. I have to push on the relay to break the connection.

Sorry to be a stickler for accuracy but if you want us to help you, we have to understand what you mean. By all this do you mean that you're manually deactivating the Reset relay that's at E12 on the schematic?

#6 5 years ago

The G.O. relay seems to be working correctly, off when in game play, on at end of game play. Thanks for the advice, I will check it out this weekend. When I respond next I will be more specific.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
$ 0.89
Lighting
PinballReplacementParts
Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-resurrection?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.