Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from jlarose1988:

I thought maybe one particular switch that awarded points might be sticking but it's not one switch that does it. These events are initiated from random switches in the playfield which leads me to believe the issue is most likely in the scoring reel itself.
I pulled the back panel off and identified the solenoid behind the Player #1 100 point counter. I was going to take a stab at ordering the part and replacing it but thought maybe I should start here first. Anyone experienced the same issue or just have some good advice before starting? I am completely new to this and want to proceed cautiously. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you're quite certain that it is not a stuck switch it is likely the EOS sw. on the reel. Your coil is obviously working and does not need replacement.

Here's a bit from Clay's superb site: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jlarose1988:

I tested the machine after cleaning the scoring reel and the issue persisted. Even worse, I tried more than one player and the problem transferred from player 1 to 2 and to 3 when it was during an event but the previous player turn ended. Clearly I was wrong about the issue being in the reel. Something else is sending the signal to the reel because it continued as players turns changed.

Switches that score 100. Does it start as soon as you start the game?

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from jlarose1988:

In summary, it always starts these 100 point continuous scoring events at the beginning of a game. Sometimes it's when the new game button is selected but mostly after the ball trips a 500 point switch. I hope that made sense and thank you for looking at this issue. I've ordered cleaning supplies and basic maintenance parts. I've decided I'm going to try to tackle this on my own and will call in the experts if I can't get it.

I hadn't seen mention of the 500 pt sw. before, so check out HowardR's post 5 closely. I think this has the makings of a RO sw. being gapped too close.

I don't think this is too hard for you, so stay with it. It will be a great learning experience and give you confidence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-player-1-100-point-score-sticking?tu=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.