(Topic ID: 235776)

Bow and Arrow oddities (again!)

By uncle_jose

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello to all! months ago (and thanks to your valuable information) I was able to bring Bow and Arrow back to life... but today is another story. I haven't turn on this machine for maybe a couple of months and this morning I noticed these odd behaviors, maybe you can point me on what to check:

- Any shot worth 500 pts. (top rollover) will only award 100 pts. I can see the score wheel wanting to go further but it does not, no matter what player is up. I have to say that all the score reels move fine, it only briefly pauses when the 500pts. is earned and only moves 100 pts.

- The bonus outhole: Any bonus worth 5000 points or less will be awarded fine, but if it's beyond that, the scoring gets weird:

If you have 6000 points on bonus: only 2000 points will be awarded
If you have 7000 points on bonus: only 3000 points will be awarded
if you have 8000 points on bonus: only 4000 points will be awarded
If you have 9000 points on bonus: only 5000 points will be awarded
If you have 10,000 points on bonus: only 6000 points will be awarded

The behavior above is -only- when putting the ball on the outhole, draining the ball will award the correct bonus points, even if it's double bonus; no matter what player is up.

- Lastly, on player 2 only, when the scores crosses 20,000 points the "100,000" lights comes up and an extra game is awarded (my settings are to give an extra credit after 80,000 points)

Sigh....

As usual, any guidance, will be greatly appreciated!

Best,

~ja

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for your input! I'm hoping to work on it this weekend. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Thanks again!

~ja

#6 5 years ago

Sadly no go, I checked the following:

Revisited the 500pt, 3000pt and 5000pt. relay, these looked fine and the gaping of the switches seems fine. I re-cleaned them, no changes. I removed the stack #10 from the score motor, cleaned up the switches and checked their gap, they properly open and close as the motor makes a revolution, still no changes.

The video below describes the 3000pts relay being triggered; score works well. the second part is when I trigger a 500pts. on the PF. (rollovers). You can see on the video that the score will just move 100pt. some pausing happens on the process.

Any other things that I should review?

Many, many thanks!

~ja

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

To confirm, the bottom inner return lane rollovers also have the same issue - the 500 point rollovers only score 100 points?

Yes, same behavior from the lane rollovers..

#10 5 years ago

Noted. I'll check the wiring of the 500pts. relay and stack number 2 at the score motor.

Thanks again!

~ja

#11 5 years ago

It's alive! It was the switch at the score motor! it was all closed... have to remove stack number 1 to clearly see the gap of the number 2 stack.

I'll be streaming it tonight to put it to some test, feel free to stop by!

https://www.twitch.tv/oneipodonepinball

Thank you very much for -all- your help and input!

Best,

~ja

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncle_jose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-oddities-again?tu=uncle_jose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.