Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EddiePi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Credit SU (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Hello, I saved a Bow and Arrow from the burn pile and I've been able to get everything functioning except!!!
    An example is if the 1st player score reels are in the 20k+ position and the 4th player turns 20k+ it will score the points BUT ALSO rack up a credit for every rotation of the 1000 point reel.
    The 4th player seems to function fine (no additional credits given) when the 1st players score reels are in the 00k+, 10k+, 40k+ and 80k+ positions.
    I've looked for shorted or broken wires, switches on all the reels appear fine, the fingers on the player up unit are making good contact. Should I be looking anywhere else besides the backbox?
    As a side note someone had attempted to work on the machine before I got it. I found a Wizard ratchet gear in the bonus unit which was causing all kinds of issues with the saucers continuously kicking. It didn't appear that they messed with anything in the backbox.
    Please help get rid of this last gremlin to this nine month labor of love.
    thanks bill

#2 1 year ago

Bill. What does player 2 and 3 do while this is happening ?

You didn't mention the replay setting plugs. But I'm sure you checked them.

Eddie

#3 1 year ago

Hi Eddie,
    the 2nd and 3rd players do not seem to have any effect one way or the other.
    I have swapped the extra ball and credit plugs and no difference, I have swapped the 3 ball and 5 ball settings no difference.
    I've had the playfield up while scoring and I see nothing in the belly reacting unless I activate the score motor.
    thanks bill

#4 1 year ago

I forgot to mention that I have swapped around the replay score settings and left them all unplugged and no difference.

#5 1 year ago

I assume the knocker goes. The credit unit end of stroke has to close to fire the knocker as long as the credit unit limit remains closed. What else can cause the credit unit step up to fire ? Match ?? 2nd coin chute, 3rd coin chute ? SCM 11A has to close. Pull the match plug.

Credit SU (resized).JPGCredit SU (resized).JPG

#6 1 year ago

Hello,
    yes knocker sounds, pulled match plug no difference. Just replaced the coin switches and mechs and they appear to be registering.
    When should 11A be closed??

#7 1 year ago

Switched it from extra credit to extra ball no difference

#8 1 year ago

Could be a strange thing: a short of the counter with the light socket...
    Had this a few years ago with a Bally Champ, racked up credits on every 1000 point at 40000, but that was on one player...
    Get the reel out and then let it do its work..
    Could be something else, this is what I know.

#9 1 year ago

I want to thank everyone for your suggestions.
    I found a great workshop here on pinside. They had a virtual meeting last night and they were able to give me a starting point to find out what was causing the issue. After several hours of tracing a couple of wires that they suggested, I found a single stand of one wire stabbing through an adjacent wires coating.
    I would have never found it without them isolating what wires to look at.

thank you to Mark and the guys at funwithpinball.com

#10 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the outcome! I had to leave early and missed the conclusion. The repair group was great and I learned quite a bit just by listening in.

#11 1 year ago

I'm glad you stuck with it and found the issue.

Quoted from onefunbug:

thank you to Mark and the guys at funwithpinball.com

I should clarify that all of the coaches volunteer their time to help with the clinics. While FWP is my gig it just provides the framework for the other coaches to help out. We're all independent and have or own ways of helping the hobby and the community.

/Mark

#12 1 year ago

Very glad to hear that it certainly was an interesting problem its pleasing that you took the time and effort to reach out and thank the coaches.

#13 1 year ago

That is great and as someone already said, thanks for posting the resolve.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-giving-extra-credits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.