You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Bow-Arrow-Work-05 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hi.

My Bow and Arrow has developed an issue with the bonus collect saucer. It will award bonus and eject the ball if the bonus is from 1000-5000. 6000-10 000 the ball just stays in the saucer. All the lights light up and the bonus unit works smoothly.

When I drain the ball it awards the correct amount of bonus and it will award the correct saucer bonus if I manually trigger the 5000+relay. I have no idea where to start looking so does anyone else have any tips on where to start the detective work?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Odinius:

the ball just stays in the saucer

Start by looking at this circuit

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Hi Odinius and HowardR
the not-working feature is complex --- Bally said - hey lets make "5000 points feature" and "rest-of-points feature" --- when You have 1000 to 5000 points to get: ONLY the "rest-of-points feature" is done --- when You have 6000 to 10'000 points to get: FIRST the "5000 points feature" is activated - THEN the "rest-of-points feature" is activated.

See the JPG - I believe the fault is in the switch or in the wiring "marked orange".
If "No luck": I must dig in my "Bow and Arrow files" --- see here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bow-and-arrow-bonus-scoring#post-3292619 on the bottom of the second JPG I also show the interesting switch.

See on the JPGs that the Bonus-Unit has TWO connections downwards "012345" to the Bonus Hole-Score-Relay and the "678910" to the 5000 Bonus Hole Relay. Greetings Rolf

0Bow-Arrow-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Bow-Arrow-Work-05 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Problem solved! It was the switch that is marked as closed on the Bonus Hole score relay that was the problem. When I adjusted it properly everything works as it should. Thanks for all the good tips!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bow-and-arrow-bonus-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.