(Topic ID: 84339)

Boutique pinball means boutique parts. Shall we make some drop targets?

By NicoVolta

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm designing a custom pinball project and am thus getting a quick education in small-scale manufacturing. Looks like short of raiding an old machine, I'm on my own when it comes to certain playfield parts. Specifically, drop targets.

Love them drop targets, yep. But I have yet to locate a 24-hour Drop Target Superstore. Hello sir, what size do you need? How many? What color? Alas... no such luck. Same for specific ball return troughs, ramps, hoo boy what a list.

I have a feeling boutique builds live and die on parts. And/or backglass & playfield construction. Nevertheless, I soldier forth in the name of almighty pinball!

Have any of you custom builders hit the parts wall and survived?

#2 10 years ago

FWIW I would use blank drop targets from your favorite manufacturer and make decals.

#3 10 years ago

Yes a good way to go... but the bigger stumbling block is the mechanism to hold everything together, switch states, mount the brackets, the brackets, etc.

#4 10 years ago

Marco specialties has a 5 drop bank complete ( blank white) based on an old Williams design.
    From memory less than $100 US

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yes a good way to go... but the bigger stumbling block is the mechanism to hold everything together, switch states, mount the brackets, the brackets, etc.

As above the unit. 'M S' sells has low current slide switch banks for; up position, in transit and down position for each target.
    All mechanisms and solenoid 40~ 50vdc

#6 10 years ago

I would think that 3D printing would be the best avenue for this. Either base the drop target off of a tried and true one, or design your own.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boutique-pinball-means-boutique-parts-shall-we-make-some-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.