View topic image gallery

dog-story.jpg
#1 11 years ago

To me Bounty Hunter is a top 200 game,
I'd like to see what others think in the form of 8 more reviews so
I can see if others think so too.
I just played it and dig it.

#2 11 years ago

Ive never played this so I can't review it. But the layout looks sort of boring. 1985, wasn't the ramp invented by then?

#3 11 years ago

Owned one for a short time, but didn't have staying power for me. Long story, but was glad to see it gone. Fairly hard game to find though. John

#4 11 years ago

A buddy has one. A fun game to play, but not one I would consider owning. The artwork is pretty nice, and there are some cool shots to be made, but not just something I would want.

#5 11 years ago

Its what i call my poor mans cactus canyon The artwork is really cool as i like the western stuff and you gotta love that horseshoe shoot so will give it a rating as its a cool game

#6 11 years ago

I have not played one. The layout especially for the era looks very solid.

As for the Ramp Markmon they were still inventing the wheel lol

#7 11 years ago

The art kicks ass on BH. I believe that was my old BH by the way. Looking at it again, I did pretty good with play field touch up and clear coating, well for my 1st time. The music is kinda catchy, but the gameplay is pretty basic. Art top 100 pin, overall not sure if it could crack my top 200.

I probably have 100 pins more to play before I have even played 200 different pins though

#8 11 years ago

when I first read this thread, I thought you meant "dog" the bounty hunter

dog-story.jpgdog-story.jpg

Gottlieb seemed to always be behind the times, not only in layout but they were SO late to adopt DMD (I hate that they went to decent sized digital displays in the late 70's to those tiny ones you can barely read standing behind the game)

#9 11 years ago

I like it! It reminds me of a late run System 1 game to an early run of a System 80 game.
The artwork is definitely unique and fits the western vibe. Did I mention the brown cabinet!!!

#10 11 years ago

I like mine, they're fun when they play like new.

4 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

I've had my BH for a couple years, and I like the layout and straightforward game play. This has been a table that I've decided to hold onto for a while. I like simple yet challenging tables without a lot of bells and whistles, so this table was ideal for me. If you like fast tables, this one doesn't disappoint.

#12 10 years ago

I really liked playing Bounty Hunter and played at my friend's house. The layout is fun with the circular orbit shots. I even had said the same thing as this to some of my friends:

Quoted from plowpusher:

Its what i call my poor mans Cactus Canyon

Art and sounds are good on this game if you like westerns.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bounty-hunter-reviews and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.