(Topic ID: 76000)

Bounty Hunter owners club! AKA the other BH.

By PinDescabarian

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230205_183710 (resized).jpg
20230205_183741 (resized).jpg
20230205_183650 (resized).jpg
BH_pops.pdf (PDF preview)
16753637341843691945557653530023 (resized).jpg
20221102_132553 (resized).jpg
272811473_2820603531572048_1626844719756236316_n (resized).jpg
272804376_2820603641572037_4473259055006205314_n (resized).jpg
IMAG0364 (resized).jpg
IMAG0360 (resized).jpg
0614152123-00.jpg
0614152122-00.jpg
1412037870413.jpg
2quarters1play.jpg
IMG_6170.JPG
1399141302857.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago

Ahhh man. The pin I love to hate or hate to love... Bounty Hunter. I've had mine since 1993, it was my first pin, purchased at an antique shop in New Hampshire (they had many other project looking pins at that time, but I can't remember what they were :/ )

My story with Bounty Hunter:

Bought for $350, and I was 12. Couldn't wait to play it. When we got back to our summer home in Maine, I brought an extension cord out to our van and plugged it in for some ''off legs'' play. I was in love. It was a great feeling because I was all too often at the local arcade down the street, playing the hell out of the modern pins. While this wasn't much of a modern 85' pin with it's old school single ball layout, it was just too cool to own a real pinball. A few days later we brought it home to Massachusetts, plugged it in the corner, and lots of late night memories of just trying to keep the ball in play and nab that cactus Sam.

Fast forward a couple years, and Bounty Hunter stopped working. I had no idea how to fix it and a few mistakes (and clipped wires) happened. It then got moved to our garage for years, then to my grandmothers barn where it sat for several more neglected years. When I started to get back into pinball more seriously around 2005/2006, I remembered it and went for a rescue. It was in pretty damn good shape, considering the very leaky roof and brutal New England winters. About two weeks later, the entire barn roof which had stood since the 1800's, collapsed and the massive barn was destroyed.

I then tried another attempt (and fail) at getting it going. At that point, I was ready to move on from it and listed it on ebay, to try and get some coin for a different pin. It sold for $202.50
Several weeks later, I had checked Mr. Pinball and there it was, all working and fixed for I believe it was $550, so I jumped on the phone and bought it back. I've had it ever since.

Man, I've had some tough goes with it too, but when it works, it seems to work great, and when it doesn't, well....

I've had to replace the sound board (the music is great) and many other little things along the way. I had a tougher time than I should have just trying to replace little things, like the drop target when it broke, trying to find certain things like that. It now sits in my upstairs office, where I play it from time to time. I find it a hard pin to put with others, as I hate the way the cabinet looks, dimension wise. It has a funky smaller style cabinet. Art is fantastic imho, no complaints there. It's funny how many things come and go from your life, especially over a 20 year span, but yet Bounty Hunter remains...

#37 10 years ago

hmmm..resets or tilts?
did you look in front of the transformer? There is a set of bridge rectifiers there, and a couple resistors that go to them- if those sand resistors aren't soldered to the bridges, the game will reset. I had this happen on mine.

#55 10 years ago

OP, you should change the name of the thread from ''pricing'' to Bounty Hunter owners- some more bounty hunter lovers may come out of the wood work, and we can toss tips and ideas around about our machines

#63 10 years ago

yep, my board had that ''jumper helper'' board too. When my cpu finally shit the bed, I had Chris Hibler do some surgery to it, he did a straight job to that holder and replaced the rom. Oh, and i'm 99% sure (someone else can chime in here) that the board next to that on the right can be disconnected. I thought that is for a reset cycle when routed/left on, I can't remember exactly, but long story short, it's not needed.

#67 10 years ago

Haven't seen one. I used to have a color version originally, but that's long gone. I used a black and white image from the manual by scanning/printing...I'd like another ''color'' version myself.

8 months later
#115 9 years ago

disregard that part in your hand, it is not needed. That's a reset board, it was used in case on location and the game locked up, it would reset. Not needed in the home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bounty-hunter-pricing?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.