IMG_1376.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
photo_5.JPG
photo_4.JPG
photo_2.JPG
photo_3.JPG
photo_1.JPG
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Just Bought The Shadow over the weekend and this pin is amazing! Honestly I was a little disappointed the first few times I played it, but after a few hours of playing and learning the rules and shots I can't believe how good this pin really is! I dont think I have ever played a pin that flows better then this. There is a lot to do and the shots, rules, sound and flow are fantastic! If you have the opportunity to buy one do it now!

I uploaded a few pics from the journey! I'm lucky that my girl is obsessed about pinball as much as I am!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG photo_5.JPGphoto_5.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Nice addition and agree great game I would love to own one.

#3 11 years ago

Congrats, great game! It really gets to be a handfull when trying to make consecutive left-right ramp shots while keeping the phurbas pointed in the right direction. Not to mention it has one of the best ball lock tricks in all of pinball.

#4 11 years ago

Congrats! Now you and your girlfriend can race to beat the final battle! Good Luck

#5 11 years ago

Shadow is a wonderful, challenging and fun pin. Congrats!

#6 11 years ago

That's awesome! Hope you enjoy it, you have two of the biggest bang for the buck titles available!

#7 11 years ago

I love that new game smell dont you! Congratulations, Im sure youll be on this one for a while!

#8 11 years ago

Congrats....Great Game indeed!

#9 11 years ago

Nice addition Vintage!

When I looked at your first picture, I thought about the movie Back to the Future and the Libyans van they chased "Marty" in. Then I remember "Doc" telling "Marty" that the Libyans were pissed because Doc had sent them a phoney bomb full of pinball machine parts.

#10 11 years ago

Nice pick up and sweet van...I need me one of those for hauling pins!

#11 11 years ago

Wow. A VW van? Side loader. Never thought of that one.

#12 11 years ago

Great choice. Now work on hitting the 7 way combo!

#13 11 years ago

At first I really disliked Shadow. After getting more games on it, I have found it to be a really fun game!
Congrats on the score.

Love the VW!

#14 11 years ago

Hah yeah the VW is a sweet pinball transporter! I picked up the BSD in Utah and The Shadow in San Diego! Can't wait to get to final battle! It's really hard to get those scenes. Those are hard shots.

#15 11 years ago

dope van

#16 11 years ago

BSD and the Shadow go together like PB&J.

#17 11 years ago

You are only missing Congo for the best 3 bang fer yer buck.

#18 11 years ago

VW Eurovan I think. Buddy has one, sweet rides for sure. We drove up Mt. ST. Helens in it, and also drove with kids to Whistler...comfy.

#19 11 years ago

Congrats! Shadow is a great game

#20 11 years ago

Great game! One of my favorates!

#21 11 years ago

Hah, I wouldn't have thought you could side-load a pin into a VW van. Sweet hauler!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

You are only missing Congo for the best 3 bang fer yer buck.

Nope, unless I misread his collection, I see no WPT in there.

#23 11 years ago

The guy I just got my cftbl from has a shadow and I will be getting it in about a month anyway congrats on the shadow

#24 11 years ago

Congrats-

Shadow is a great game, one of the best, especially when you consider price.

#25 11 years ago

Dude! Vintage4Life, welcome to our ever-growing special club of pinball freaks who like to get demolished by this deceitful pin from time to time.

The Shadow is a brutal game if you like to just flail around (left phurba ramp miss = fail). I've seen people at shows get destroyed in no time, then learn how the phurba diverters work...then you can't get them off this damn addicting machine!

The Battlefield. Wow! Doesn't get any better than 'real-life version' of Arkanoid or Breakout.

#26 11 years ago

Welcome to the club v4l!
If you need any help (technical/other) with it just give us a holler.
You have made a most excellent decision! (air guitar)

#27 11 years ago

Nice pickup. I am trying to get one right now too. I have only put a few games In on TS but it seemed like a lot of fun. Glad to hear that reinforced.

#28 11 years ago

I'm picking one up on Friday! I've only played a couple times, but you guys have me amped for this machine!

#29 11 years ago

Don't tell me you transported that thing with the head up...

#30 11 years ago

#1 in my collection from a game players point. And thats going against some tough comp in my collection.

Severely underatted game by far.

For multi player it is #1 since the ruleset is balanced. Each player can be doing something different (battlefield, scenes, vengance, etc) and the game will be close. I hate games where one objective is worth 90% of the points, etc. Brian Eddy is the king of gameplay.

#31 11 years ago

You need some LED's for that thing!

#32 11 years ago

Yes he does.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Looks like a nice one!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

Dude! Vintage4Life, welcome to our ever-growing special club of pinball freaks who like to get demolished by this deceitful pin from time to time.
The Shadow is a brutal game if you like to just flail around (left phurba ramp miss = fail). I've seen people at shows get destroyed in no time, then learn how the phurba diverters work...then you can't get them off this damn addicting machine!
The Battlefield. Wow! Doesn't get any better than 'real-life version' of Arkanoid or Breakout.

what all can the diverters do!? I mainly just switch ramps. I haven't tried to save a missed ramp yet with them! Is that what you are saying?

Quoted from NimblePin:

Welcome to the club v4l!
If you need any help (technical/other) with it just give us a holler.
You have made a most excellent decision! (air guitar)

Thanks! I will def be taking you up on that!

Quoted from Crash:

Don't tell me you transported that thing with the head up...

Haha no way! Just to take some pics!

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Ya I was thinking about putting LEDs in! How do they look on it?

Congrats to you guys buying the shadow. Amazing! Do not judge it on your first few games!

#35 11 years ago

How do they look on it?

See for yourself.

IMG_1376.jpgIMG_1376.jpg

I still have some spots to put in (i.e. "black hole" style battlefield) but, you get the general idea... (Looks better in person BTW.)

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

See for yourself.
I still have some spots to put in but, you get the general idea... (Looks better in person BTW.)

That looks sweet! Where did you get the leds? Coin taker?

#37 11 years ago

Yes, the inserts are either the 2 led premiums or standard premiums depending on the insert. The rest of the GI is a mix of retros, frosted, supers, some HP for under the battlefield/the back PF and some flex supers. Don't ask me about what goes where either... I just put in what looks best for the application. (At least to me anyway.) No "kits" in this house!

Hope you enjoy the pin as much as I do v4l; good luck getting to the secret laughter mode too!

http://pinball.org/rules/shadow.html

#38 11 years ago

I will have to try out some LEDs soon! I'm not a huge fan of LEDs but I've heard they look great on the shadow.

#39 11 years ago

Congratulations! TS is a fantastic pin.

Here's mine with LEDs in the inserts and backbox, and incandescents for the GI ...

TS_#1.JPGTS_#1.JPG TS_#2.JPGTS_#2.JPG TS_#3.JPGTS_#3.JPG TS_#4.JPGTS_#4.JPG

#40 11 years ago

That Shadow with the LEDs looks amazing.

#41 11 years ago

That looks awesome! What type of LEDs are in the inserts and backbox? I would def stay with the regular gi lighting also.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

what all can the diverters do!? I mainly just switch ramps. I haven't tried to save a missed ramp yet with them! Is that what you are saying?

In order to complete Vengeance & Super Vengeance mode you have to constantly hit those phurba ramps, and continually hit those ramps in tandem back to back...at the same time, swinging the Phurba divertor in the opposite direction the next time, in order to collect the other remaining ring for that Phurba ramp. Its quite possibly one of the most intense combo-related modes in a pinball machine because those ramps are super narrow at times...with the left Phurba ramp so close to the flippers...that one ricochet off those standups means a SDTM ricochet or a bounce into a slingshot/outlane drain.

The best use of the phurba divertor in The Shadow is right at the start of the game. Seeing as the skillshot bonus changes per ball launch, you really have to pay attention as to what reward is given per phurba divertor exit side. Hitting the right phurba side may award extra ball lit one moment, and give insta millions the next game...maybe a better reward on the opposite phurba divertor exit the next game. The game is never the same with this machine.

After it all...you feel like a God...or feel like a fool for not shooting good enough. You tell yourself your done with this game, after Tim Curry ridicules you. You start a new game. Maybe youll do better next game. Then you realize you just lost an hour on this machine. Thats The Shadow for you though.

#43 11 years ago

you haul your games with the backbox up? THat seems dangerous in general.

Shadow is an awesome game. I put purple LED's in the mode inserts and it looks fantastic.

#44 11 years ago

Nice Score!

I had a chance to own an extremely nice one of these once and ending up passing on it. Wish I would not have as it is a game I would have loved to spend more time with in my home.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

That looks awesome! What type of LEDs are in the inserts and backbox?

I'm not sure if your'e asking me or Nimble. I used Ablaze Ghost Busters for all the inserts, and a mix of Ablaze and Cointaker LEDs for the backbox.

#46 11 years ago

Here's all the accomplishments I've achieved on TS so far.

Completed:
Duel of Fate
Deactivate Bomb
Farley Beat Up
Escape Underwater Doom
Battlefield
Vengence and Super Vengence
Mongol
Collect Super Jackpot once on Shadow Multiball
4 - way combo
4 - Shadow loops
Got to Final battle with only 3 shots left to make.

#47 11 years ago

I still haven't gotten to Final Battle. It's the modes that make it hard for me. For some reason I just find that mode start hole to be a really difficult shot.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I still haven't gotten to Final Battle. It's the modes that make it hard for me. For some reason I just find that mode start hole to be a really difficult shot.

It is a hard tight shot to make, but this one game....I was just "in the zone". I nailed it my first try. I couldn't believe it!!

#49 11 years ago

Learning to backhand the scene start from the right flipper helped me out big time.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Learning to backhand the scene start from the right flipper helped me out big time.

How I hit it 90% of the time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-the-shadow-amazing-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.