Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9AD208A4-776D-4575-99D5-5B9173951968 (resized).jpeg
979AF52B-B502-452D-9FD9-A4C6BF1A5FE8 (resized).jpeg
8697BCF9-921A-4ECD-8A88-9C4A381D1F4E (resized).jpeg
EF34810E-FE4C-4968-B0FA-13C68429778D (resized).jpeg
DD6000F0-9999-4AFB-B4B5-DD29C45686B2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

First off, congrats on your score! Getting any pin for $500 is a great deal, let alone a Bally/Williams that turns on and operates. That's amazing.

Second, you are going to have a ton of issues by the looks of it. If the ball isn't shooting out of the scoop then it could be a switch, could be a coil, could be wiring, a bad connector, diode, etc.

Take the balls out. Go into coil test and fire those balls out. If coil test doesn't fire them out, then you have a bad coil. Maybe it's bad soldering, maybe a wire fell off, maybe the coil itself is bad, maybe the mechanics are binding.

If the coil test fires the balls out, that's good. Get all the balls out, go into switch test, go to levels, take a ball and throw it in there. Did you see a switch light up in the test screen? If not, you have a batch switch. You could clean the switch (sand it), you could have a bad wire, you could have a bad connector.

Tons of stuff. I would recommend finding a local pinball club / hobbyist and try to make friends. If you were near me, I'd be willing to drive over and help out. For beer. Do you live in Vermont? I like craft beer.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Ocboo:

Haha I live in Pennslvania. The balls don’t fire out from the subway system with a coil test. I guess that means that coils done for. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe I should sell it as is. Anyone know what the value would be in its current state?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

lol what!? You bought a game and give up after the first challenge?

The coil probably isn't done for. A wire could have fallen off. That's the problem the majority of the time. You need a soldering gun and to solder it back on.

If that's the problem. You need to lift it up. I am willing to bet if you find the coil that's supposed to fire, there is a wire dangling there loose.

If you are giving up, I'll never understand why people are so quick to buy pinball machines only to sell them immediately after.

#12 1 year ago

Also, I can't help but notice it says "totals cleared", which means the batteries died or they fell out.

You need to remove those immediately before they corrode the boards and kill the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-no-fear-pinball-and-its-not-working?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.