(Topic ID: 9783)

Bought my first Stern today. Lotr. Im impressed.

By Av8

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BriGuy5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-01-13_16.00.02.jpg
f5964c4d-9818-48e7-b82b-77e2e8b25ad8.jpg
IMG_0987.JPG
20120110_193612.jpg
20120110_193537.jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

My only knock on that game is that it gave me the false sense that i am a good player.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

beatmaster said:welcome to the club.
i love my game, just recieved my new balrog bust to use as a topper, man this is gonna look great with leds.
Did you get the Balrog candle holder? I have been looking for one of them.

no, regular bust from gentle giant.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Cabinet has many scratches . It was obviously set up because when the legs were removed (by a troll)...badly scratched on all 4 legs areas. Play field looks fine....but I bought an nib...not someone elses return. I will be sending pictures to where I bought it..and go from there.
But but...the pf of looks very good. Hard to decide. I will pm u tomorrow. You may know where I bought from...they are sympathetic..and upset from where it actually came from. But I have some questions and a little embarrassed to ask the forum...newbie sh t.

Send it back or get compensation for it....I had a problem as well, on delivery a fork lift apparently jammed right into the bottom cabinet and poked a hole in it....as a newbie I wasn't sure what to do and got great feedback on here, sent it back and got a new one......

Glad I did!..It's an awesome machine, only gets better over time...

#54 12 years ago

I'm very happy that I picked up my LOTR after casually looking for one last year.
At the right price and in the right condition, this is a keeper to me.

#55 12 years ago

Interesting Icemean..i actually saw your posts....and at first thought they sent me the one you rejected. There was a piece of ply wood attached around the area of your hole...we looked inside and there was no hole. You guys are all great and i am going to start a thread about this forum/pinside. But i have to get back to work to pay for these machines!
At moment, have not heard word back..and also, dont have time to fight at the moment.

#56 12 years ago

thought this thread needed boobs

f5964c4d-9818-48e7-b82b-77e2e8b25ad8.jpgf5964c4d-9818-48e7-b82b-77e2e8b25ad8.jpg

#57 12 years ago

NOW its a great post!

I got my Pinbits.com plastic protector kits today. It comes with inserts for the Gimli and SAM holes. Also got the rail protector for the left side of POTD drop area. Came with zip ties too.

2012-01-13_16.00.02.jpg2012-01-13_16.00.02.jpg

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the Barad-Dur tower scoop, I had bounce-outs as well. I bought a piece of Drop-dead foam from pinball life. It has a peel and stick back side. I just cut a couple small pieces of that and placed it in the back of the scoop beyond the upkicker and that seems to solve the problem.
The good thing about that is that I did not have to do any permanent modification to the game.

Pretty similar idea. I just used the blue foam square (had one lying around). Also, taking out that stubby little post will make catching the ball even smoother. No permanent mods at all. The foam I put in is kind of over and behind the depressed area.

As for the plastic protector kit above, it's a good set. I put one in just in case. But, I do *not* like the PotD bounce protection, because I don't like the PotD bounce. (I still believe this was an unfinished spot that does more harm than good in stock condition.) I highly recommend a deflector from the PotD onto the left ramp.

#59 12 years ago

I just Destroyed the Ring. Awesome! The machine went freakin crazy. Coils and flippers firing by themsevles. This game gets better and better.

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just Destroyed the Ring. Awesome! The machine went freakin crazy. Coils and flippers firing by themsevles. This game gets better and better.

Crazy right!...it shook out a bulb into the play field and cost me Valinor!...haha...well, it is simply awesome!

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

and at first thought they sent me the one you rejected. There was a piece of ply wood attached around the area of your hole...we looked inside and there was no hole

If it was Automated, maybe they repaired it somehow, nothing wrong with it otherwise...

#62 12 years ago

Iceman...I pm'd you

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Wait 'til you get to There and Back. awesome mode. I have no idea what Valinor is like, tho.

#64 12 years ago

There and Back again is awesome, I was smiling the whole time. Mainly because I love the LOTR music.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-my-first-stern-today-lotr-im-impressed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.