(Topic ID: 223186)

Bought my first pinball game, NIB MMr, anything that I must do?

By white1ce

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider white1ce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

As the title says, I bought my first pinball machine, a NIB MMr. Really excited to get it in a week and a half or so. I want to take care of the machine really well and was wondering for those of you who have the MMr, did you do anything out of the box? I've read about waxing, maybe getting some different balls but nothing pertaining to MMr. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Do not play the game until you get at the very least a protector for the castle shot. The clear WILL crack almost instantly (I learned this the hard way). I'd say get all the protectors you can.

Which protector set did you use?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I have all of the protectors listed on Cliffy's MM page at http://www.passionforpinball.com/mm.htm plus a couple others that probably aren't on that page he offers (I don't think i saw the protector for the drain to the ball trough on there.) Email him and he can help get you sorted with what you need for MMr.
For the castle area I use the protectors from Mantis at http://www.mantisamusements.com/mminstall.htm
I would avoid the merlin hole protector from mantis as I had trouble getting mine in and eventually ended up breaking it. It's very soft aluminium and you have to bend it to get it in. I bent and unbent it too many times trying to get it to sit right.
At a minimum I'd say you need the ball eject, trough drain, and the 2 castle protectors but strongly suggest getting all of them. They're expensive but they're definitely cheaper than a new playfield or having to have the playfield clear coated again.

Looking at the Cliffy's, I'm a little concerned with the amount of modification that I might have to do to install these, is it difficult for a first time owner to install these or will I have to drill holes in the playfield, and remove lots pieces to be able to place these?

Quoted from zacaj:

Readjust the flippers to be at the correct angle if they're too low

How do I know if they are at the correct angle and how would I go about readjusting them?

Thanks everyone for the information, I am super excited to get this in. I bought the shaker motor to be installed before the pin is shipped to me, I am also planning on getting the color DMD in the next day or two so it will arrive by the time it gets here.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:No drilling should be required, and any disassembly is usually trivial to install them. I learned that pinball repair usually sounds worse than it is.

Great, I'll send him an e-mail.

Quoted from LTG:

Now might be a good time to hook up with some local collectors and get a little hands on help.
LTG : )

I wish I could, I live out in the middle of no where, my nearest pinball machine is over 100 miles away.

#39 5 years ago

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 210.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider white1ce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-my-first-pinball-game-nib-mmr-anything-that-i-must-do?tu=white1ce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.