Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

no-fear.jpg
no-fear2.jpg
no-fear3.jpg
no-fear4.jpg
no-fear5.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg

#1 2 years ago

New member and first post. Well it was inevitable and finally happened, long time arcade collector and a pin lover, I sold my Nintendo Red Tent to get some funds for my first pin and here she is, No Fear! This game is so awesome, lots of fun, fast paced, great sounds, great music and an awesome theme! I'm going to mod it, full LED's, upgrade the speakers, etc. This is the first of many to come that's for sure!

For anyone with a No Fear or that has bought cabinet art from Marco, how is their artwork? I'm going to replace the cabinet art on my No Fear and want to make sure I get the best quality repro or NOS if available. Thanks for any tips, tricks or guidance.

Scott

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

no-fear5.jpg

no-fear4.jpg

no-fear3.jpg

no-fear2.jpg

no-fear.jpg

#2 2 years ago

Congrats! One always leads to more!!!!

#3 2 years ago

Cab art doesn't that bad. I would just have fun with it and save money money for your next pin. Once you park a few pins next to each other, you won't see most of the cab art. I would also suggest going easy on the mods for your first pin. Easy to blow through a lot of cash on those sort of things and mods don't usually add any value. Have fun!

#4 2 years ago

Congrats on the game

Yeah, that artwork looks fine to me--better than most examples I've seen. I've seen much, much worse. Considering the expense and hours and hours of time to do a decal job properly, I'd leave that alone. Plus, most collectors prefer the original artwork.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys! I definitely will be taking it slow and one thing at a time, don't want to waste money that's for sure. I'm pretty anal with my machines, all my arcades are restored like new so it will be hard to hold back on restoring this one If the artwork isn't as bad as you all say then that eases my mind about it. I wasn't sure if the few hundred bucks on artwork would at least add that value back to the machine. Maybe I will hold the artwork to the very end and see how I feel then

Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice!

Scott

#6 2 years ago

Congrats and great choice for a 1st pin, shouldn't get "old" for quite a while, unfortunately this is now akin to having the "Black Plague", you'll never be cured, "That's the way it goes, first your money then your clothes"

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Congrats and great choice for a 1st pin, shouldn't get "old" for quite a while, unfortunately this is now akin to having the "Black Plague", you'll never be cured, "That's the way it goes, first your money then your clothes"

Thanks Tom! Yeah it has been awesome and not a drop of "old" yet. Yeah I knew this was coming eventually (pin bug) and I've fully embraced it and will continue collecting them, too much fun!

Scott

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ss2049:

I'm going to mod it, full LED's, upgrade the speakers, etc. This is the first of many to come that's for sure!
Thanks for any tips, tricks or guidance.
Scott

Scott Scott...sweet Scott. CONGRATS first of all!
Do You know what's better than a No Fear with kick ass side decals? Another Pinball machine.
Buying expensive mods for your machine is fun in the short run but not as fun as another machine. Believe me when I say all those monies you'd spend you're probably not going to get back, and they could go into a pool of cash for your next machine.
And they'll be another one.

Just kick back and enjoy it for awHile man!

#9 2 years ago

Totally under rated game. I picked one up a little while ago and I'm still surprised more people don't like it. Lots to do.
Congrats and welcome

#10 2 years ago

Welcome Scott,
I'm fairly new here, few months I guess. I spent some time fixing minor issues on my pin, then decided it was lonely! It's a disease, and cash is the cure, keep your cash.

In the motorcycle world the saying goes "Right bike, right price, right time; pick 2"

Same here I'm guessing.
Good luck and have fun!

#11 2 years ago

Congrats on your first pin, no fear is a real speed demon!!! Enjoy!!!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Cab art doesn't that bad. I would just have fun with it and save money money for your next pin.

^^^This. I was expecting a faded to white cabinet or something. Don't waste money and time with new decals for your game, it doesn't need them.

#13 2 years ago

artwork looks great compared to most no fears. Pissing money away if you redo it, never recoupe that $300.

#14 2 years ago

Great first game, congrats and welcome to a great hobby!

#15 2 years ago

Nice! I would have to agree with the others on the mods, i would just throw some good leds in it (if it doesn't already have them ) maybe put some silicon rubbers in and just play it! I just did a full restore on a pirates of the carribean and I used retrorefurbs for my decals and I was really pleased with ththe service and quality if you decide to go that route. Installing new decals takes time and patients

#16 2 years ago

New balls too. Always new balls.

#17 2 years ago

ss2049 First of all: Congratulations with your first pinball machine!

No Fear is as awesome as it's underrated, fast and fun game with not 1, not 2 but 5 different multiball modes! Got one since February 2016 and still loving it. I do recommend trying different levels of steepness, I find that it really changes this game in a positive way to have it set up very steep. (Top of bubble at third line) Have fun playing!

#18 2 years ago

Welcome aboard. Love my nf. One of the longest lasting b/w in my collection. Pure adrenaline when your shots are on point.

#19 2 years ago

Wow guys, thanks for the awesome welcome and great advice! I'm very happy to hear more and more comments about the cabinet art not being that bad, I think I will scratch that item off the to-do list.

I don't foresee doing that many mods, LED's and a speaker upgrade are the ones that stick out at the top of the list for me. I will replace a few items that bug me like the legs and leg bolts, they have seen better days. All in all I'm enjoying the hell out of this pin, can't wait to get my next one

#20 2 years ago

Being somewhat of a "i don't like LED's guy" , i am wondering if LED's kill the awesome light show , especially at the end of the game. i'd be curious to see a video of that with LED's compared to normal bulbs.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Buying expensive mods for your machine is fun in the short run but not as fun as another machine.

Amen! Mine was faded yellow, but it played great. I just bought another machine to sit next to it and hide the side.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Being somewhat of a "i don't like LED's guy" , i am wondering if LED's kill the awesome light show , especially at the end of the game. i'd be curious to see a video of that with LED's compared to normal bulbs.

I'm not a huge user of LEDs, but I think herg 's LED OCD board solves a lot of these issues. I believe it also lets you skip the pricey non-ghosting LEDs too.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from ss2049:

Thanks for any tips, tricks or guidance.

Here's a tip: get out while you still can. Once you buy one game, they somehow multiply. Joking aside, nice pickup and welcome.

#23 2 years ago

Great game. Jump ramp is awesome. Your cab art looks pretty dang good. I would leave it and save for next pin, because it is coming.

#24 2 years ago

So you took a big chance and bought a pinball machine - have you no fear?

#25 2 years ago

I had one pinball machine once. If only I could go back and warn myself. Congrats and welcome. There is a ton of useful information on here so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. I won't have the answers, but others will.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Amen! Mine was faded yellow, but it played great. I just bought another machine to sit next to it and hide the side.

I'm not a huge user of LEDs, but I think herg 's LED OCD board solves a lot of these issues. I believe it also lets you skip the pricey non-ghosting LEDs too.

I've had JM for two years and have still never pulled the trigger on the OCD. I don't know why, I think it'd make it much better

#27 2 years ago

Great game, wish I still had mine. "2nd place is the first looser". Awesome quotes.

#28 2 years ago

The number one mod for this game, without a doubt is googly eyes! Get some today!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

The number one mod for this game, without a doubt is googly eyes

Or maybe it's now the ColorDMD, which was just released.

#30 2 years ago

This was my first pin! Great game. It will make you a better player if you don't just shoot the jump ramp all the time. Try and get to meet your maker! Very challenging and every bit as exciting once you do it!

#31 2 years ago

Thanks again everyone, great feedback and awesome welcome! I just saw ColorDMD announce the ColorDMD for No Fear, very cool and I will be getting one for sure, looks great from the teaser pics!

Love this game so far, can't get enough of it and it's really pushing my desire for another pin bad!

Scott

#32 2 years ago

Hey now color DMD is a mod we can all get behind because you can just take it out and put back in your old DMD if you ever sell it, move it to another game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside