IMG_1128 (resized).jpg
IMG_1127 (resized).jpg
IMG_1125 (resized).jpg
IMG_1124 (resized).jpg
IMG_1123 (resized).jpg
IMG_1122 (resized).jpg
IMG_1121 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

So a few months ago, I took my kids to Silverball Sanctum in Sterling, VA (since relocated to Ashburn), which at the time had 10 games, as I recall: Star Wars (Premium), Ghostbusters (Pro), GOTG, TS, NBA Fastbreak, Bride of Pinbot, etc... My youngest daughter, 11, played basically every game there, but spent almost the entire time we were there playing Royal Flush. Afterwards, I asked each child what their favorite machines were. My 15-year old son said The Shadow (smart kid), my 13-year old daughter said GOTG, I think, but my youngest enthusiastically said Royal Flush. She was SUPER excited about it! Thus began my quest to add a Royal Flush to my collection. Mind you, I didn't really play it at Silverball, because my daughter monopolized it, so I didn't know what to expect.

I found one north of Philadelphia last week, and the guy was asking $500 for it. I couldn't go up last weekend, so I made a round trip after work during the week and brought it back last week--8 hours total with inspection and load time. I gotta say, I'm thrilled with this pin! It's in pretty nice condition, I think, considering it's age. The back glass isn't perfect, but from 5 feet away looks pretty damn close. The cabinet and head have a few marks here and there, but nothing drastic. Playfield and plastics have some wear, but again, nothing ridiculous. It had been in this guy's home for 24 years. It was his only pin. He had some jukeboxes and vintage vending machines and the like, but nothing else pinball.

There are a few kinks to work out with it--e.g. the kick-over from the drain to the shooting lane doesn't work and neither does the right saucer-eject, so for now we're playing glass off; the open-gate switch triggers the gate, but it flips right back to closed instead of staying open; etc. All-in-all though, the game is an ABSOLUTE blast to play! I totally understand why my 11-year old loved it so much! I've played probably close to 50 different EM's, but none are as much fun as this one!! The fact that all of us can play it together in multiplayer makes it even more fun! Needless to say, all my kids, but especially my youngest, were thrilled!!

IMG_1120 (resized).jpgIMG_1120 (resized).jpgIMG_1121 (resized).jpgIMG_1121 (resized).jpgIMG_1122 (resized).jpgIMG_1122 (resized).jpgIMG_1123 (resized).jpgIMG_1123 (resized).jpgIMG_1124 (resized).jpgIMG_1124 (resized).jpgIMG_1125 (resized).jpgIMG_1125 (resized).jpgIMG_1127 (resized).jpgIMG_1127 (resized).jpgIMG_1128 (resized).jpgIMG_1128 (resized).jpgIMG_1129 (resized).jpgIMG_1129 (resized).jpgIMG_1130 (resized).jpgIMG_1130 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Nice find and a fair price it seems. I love my Royal Flush!

#3 5 years ago

Congrats on getting a family-fun pin!
You have more heart then me, EM-relais, stepper ... don’t have the guts to touch that

#4 5 years ago

It's a great game, nasty bonus unit to work on though. Good luck

#5 5 years ago

Royal Flush is a fantastic game! And I’d say you got a good deal. Lots of great risk reward shots, and the bonus is really unique.

There’s no better sound than the reset sequence of a Gottlieb 4 player with all the reels resetting.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Congrats on getting a family-fun pin!
You have more heart then me, EM-relais, stepper ... don’t have the guts to touch that

Planning on attending Nick's pinball school at Roanoke Pinball Museum very soon. Hopefully, that will put me on the right path, since he's the EM guru.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's a great game, nasty bonus unit to work on though. Good luck

So what's the bonus unit do? I noticed after putting about 100 games on it that sometimes the double bonus light will come on and then it doesn't seem to want to end the game--just keeps going on ball 5. It didn't do that before.

Quoted from mbaumle:

Royal Flush is a fantastic game! And I’d say you got a good deal. Lots of great risk reward shots, and the bonus is really unique.
There’s no better sound than the reset sequence of a Gottlieb 4 player with all the reels resetting.

Agree 100%!!

#7 5 years ago

The bonus unit, in conjunction with the drop targets, adds your end of ball bonus for the different combinations of cards you knock down. It's an AS unit, which is a small bastard that's hard to work on. If the game isn't (sometimes) ending after ball 5 or not giving you the proper bonus amounts, the bonus unit is having issue of some kind.

#8 5 years ago

Did u check out the Royal Flush that was on Baltimore Craigslist?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

Did u check out the Royal Flush that was on Baltimore Craigslist?

No, I didn't see it. How much?

#10 5 years ago

$400. There are not good pics of the playfield. It’s still on there. Yours looks to be in great condition though.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

$400. There are not good pics of the playfield. It’s still on there. Yours looks to be in great condition though.

Lol, well that might have saved me several hours of driving. Oh well. I'm really happy with mine. Hopefully, I can get the kinks worked out. Eventually, I'd like to be able to put the glass back on!

#12 5 years ago

Be happy! The Baltimore one is probably long gone. I emailed and did not get a reply. This was days ago. Great game, Congrats! : )

#13 5 years ago

Hey... don’t beat yourself up over that. If your happy with it and the previous owner had it for the last 24 years...U did ok. I’m just surprised it’s still on there unless it has issues.

1 week later
#14 5 years ago

I'm looking for my first pinball machine and was just eyeing that Baltimore Royal Flush, so I came here to read about it. I'm down in Raleigh, NC, but have family in the DC area. Haven't emailed the guy, as it would still be a big hike to haul it down here.

#15 5 years ago

I know 2 people that emailed him and got no reply. Go for it but I think the game left a long time ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-my-first-em-royal-flush?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.