IMG_1038.JPG
BR_Cannon_Problem.JPG
Black_Rose_Cannon_Wear.JPG
Black_Rose.JPG
Pirates_Flag.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

The cannon doesn't rotate and has some wear. Other than that all is well.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

get some better pics of the playfield. Looks great otherwise!!

#3 11 years ago

Just noticed the playfield has some planking. Not terrible but not super awesome either.

#4 11 years ago

It is an auction buy. I just need to figure out how to fix the cannon. It does not rotate. The previous owner says it did before he moved it to the auction place.

#5 11 years ago

Of course it did.

#6 11 years ago

Haha... I looked inside and see a loose wire at the cannon. So it seems believable.

#7 11 years ago

Hey stack how was the auction i wanted to make it to this one but got stuck working when is the next one pm me some deatials if you can thanks !!!

#8 11 years ago

And congrats on the br pickup

#9 11 years ago

You can now get a Cliify for that wear around the cannon. I just got a Black Rose in a trade, the pin is more fun that I expected, I like the look of those early Bally pins. Have fun!

#10 11 years ago

Thanks! It may or may not be a keeper for me. I may have paid a little too much but that is part of auction fun.

#11 11 years ago

PM isn't working at the moment. Something to do with "tokens."

#12 11 years ago

I just got a Black Rose in a trade, the pin is more fun that I expected, I like the look of those early Bally pins. Have fun!

You Scurvy Dog !!!!!

BR is a Killer Pin , Get the Bugs out and Pimp it ... congrats's , Pirates_Flag.gifPirates_Flag.gif

#13 11 years ago

Stack, saw BR and played it for the first time on wednesday. The cannon really a cool feature. Enjoy!

Dan

#14 11 years ago

Cool, I just bought one myself, still need to find the time to pick it up

#15 11 years ago

I had one for awhile. Was dirty as shit and every board was damaged in some way. Cleaned up really nice. It was my first full game restoration. wanted to see how nice I could get it. Great looking game, but clunky gameplay. Wasn't a keeper for me.

#16 11 years ago

Sorry for the clunky pictures earlier. That was my first experience uploading them from my phone. With iOS 6 on the iPhone, that is now possible here (wasn't before).

Everything checks out in test mode other than the cannon. Technically it may be a board issue but I'm betting it is a problem underneath all of that electrical tape in the picture. I still need to move the Red Bull machine I bought.

I am having a party in two weeks and need to fix this cannon before then - I hope. Can anyone please post a picture of how the wires on their machine look?

Thanks!

Black_Rose.JPGBlack_Rose.JPG Black_Rose_Cannon_Wear.JPGBlack_Rose_Cannon_Wear.JPG BR_Cannon_Problem.JPGBR_Cannon_Problem.JPG

#17 11 years ago

Will this do it?

IMG_1038.JPGIMG_1038.JPG

#18 11 years ago

Congrats Stack! make sure you jb weld the cannon wear so the cliffy will a complete surface to adhere to.

#19 11 years ago

Thanks for the tip. What does JB weld mean though? I did put the game for trade already. I wish I got the DE Star Wars instead. It had a lot of issues though. This one is fun but I don't think it will last long in my collection.

#20 11 years ago

When you Shop BR out , You will notice an ( R ) beside some of the 555 and 44 Gi bulbs.. Install a Red Super or Red Frosted there .. Here was the last BR that I owned & The Best of the 3 .
Also Cliffy has a Cannon Guard that will Hide the Wear up front .. Congrats and have Fun !!

#21 11 years ago

JB weld is a kwik set epoxy resin. 2 part resin and hardener that sets in 6 mins. I let it cure for at least 12 hrs and then file off excess.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks all. The game really grew on me today. I probably have too much $$ in it, but I fixed the DMD so that saves. I'm looking online for JB weld and the cliffy protector now.

#23 11 years ago

Cliffy protector in order. I opened link to see if you got him with his hat or just as is. Then saw the pinball machine.

Congrats

#24 11 years ago

I pm'ed cliffy to see if he has one. Apparently, Pinball life and Mad Amusements don't sell that part.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Congrats and have Fun !!

I just watched the video. My launches don't hit that side ramp like that. They just BANG off the post. I figured they were supposed to go up that ramp. I'm not sure what I need to adjust.

Thoughts?

#26 11 years ago

"I just watched the video. My launches don't hit that side ramp like that. They just BANG off the post. I figured they were supposed to go up that ramp. I'm not sure what I need to adjust."

I have the same issue you do... Just played a BR at PPE and noticed when launching the ball goes up the ramp smoothly... Now I too am curious about how to adjust things properly.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I just watched the video. My launches don't hit that side ramp like that. They just BANG off the post. I figured they were supposed to go up that ramp. I'm not sure what I need to adjust.

Thoughts?

Quoted from Bischt:

Now I too am curious about how to adjust things properly.

Check The ball guide coming out of the shooter lane, it can come loose and cause the ball to hit the post instead of the ramp. Push it up a little bit and tighten the screw down. I did this and the ball hits the ramp every time. Mine was actually stripped so I had to repair that also.

#28 11 years ago

Thanks... I was looking at the side metal on the ramp but not at the ball launch. I also properly leveled the game. It will be tomorrow before I'm back at it.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Now I too am curious about how to adjust things properly.

Let me know if you get yours going and what you did to fix it. I did just peak at the metal parts of the shooter lane. They look fine. The metal guide next to the post by the Davey Jones Ramp has been hit by the ball so many times you can see an indent in it.

#30 11 years ago

It will look like nothing is wrong, but I suspect that the guide is loose. Forgot to mention it before, I also fixed the exact problem on my HS2 and Radical the same way.

#31 11 years ago

Okay. Do you mean the metal piece on the right hand side of the ball launch? It is extremely tight. However, it could be extremely tight and placed incorrectly.

#32 11 years ago

Here's a thread that shows it on Radical! DrJoe posted a pic. If it's already tight I would loosen it and push the guide up as far as possible then tighten back down. Worth a shot.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/radical-owners-i-have-a

#33 11 years ago

I think it makes more sense now. Thank you for the link. I believe the guide has some maneuverability up/down when the screws are loosened. Mine may be tight but out of alignment. I will mess with it tomorrow.

Now if only I could get to sleep.

#34 11 years ago

I picked up JB Weld kwik dry and some ePoxy today. The cliffy protector for the cannon has been ordered along with some new pinballs, three flipper rebuilds and some LEDs.

All that's left is fixing this ball launch angle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 34.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-black-rose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.