Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P9081089.JPG
P9081088.JPG
Gremlins-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

Just a charming machine. Space Odyssey, Williams 1976. Never played an EM for any length of time before. I ended up really enjoying the gameplay, and i think its making me a better player.

How does it play? That table should play fast.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Most EMs are not set up right so they can feel clunky and slow. Owning one will give you the chance to have it set up and will be fast and fun. Its almost a crime when you go to a show and EMs there are an after thought. Next stop wedgehead city.

Can't agree more about Expo's and EM's.

I have never seen and EM set up properly at the Michigan Pinball Expo or the one year (2012) at PaTZ. They all played like a quadriplegic on downers. When my wife says "these EM's play like shit", that should tell ya' something.

If you come over and play my EM's you better be ready for an ass whoopin'. They are super fast and unforgiving.

EM's don't suck. People that provide crappy ones for Expo's do!

1 week later
#33 10 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's because Williams used DC for the bumpers and slings. A 70s Williams will play very nearly as fast as an SS/DMD. Most other EMs, unless they're a 50v Bally, won't. Few Gottliebs will, for sure.

And flippers too.

50VAC used by Bally does make for crazy pop action. This is why you'll often see them with dramatic wear around them.

I've had games from all Bally, Gottlieb and Williams. I'm finding that I enjoy the Williams tables more and more due to the fast ball speed they create.

Pinball ain't all about drop targets either. Williams has some innovative designs that compliment a pinball collection. Try to get light the special on Aztec, that is not an easy feat.

#35 10 years ago

The Bally's are ok. Some of them can be a bit shallow regarding gameplay, but they did have some great artwork on many games.

I had a Time Zone and absolutely loved the artwork. The time tunnel is freaking cool. But in the end, you just beat the ball around for score, nothing to really acomplish. So I sold it, and the nephews and mother-in-law were very unhappy with me.

Only have so much room...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-an-em-1?tu=Garrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.