Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Leigh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Just added an NGG to the collection. Very nice condition and a great price. Couldn't pass it up. I've always enjoyed this pin, but was scared off on owning one by the software bugs. So far they really havent been a problem. I do like the theme, I know alot of people don't. I think this is a keeper. I like alot of Lawlors games, and i'm thinking this is is near the top of his list. Not his best for sure, but not too far off.

I'm having some trouble dialing in the shooter. And the right cart path switch is giving me some issues. But other than that I'm loving it.

#2 13 years ago

I enjoy playing this game as well.Shooting for the hole in one becomes addictive.What software bugs are you speaking of?

#3 13 years ago

This is one of my favorite games to play. It is true that I've been hard pressed to ever find one that isn't tweaking out on me though.

#4 13 years ago

Just bought one too. I love this game. Really funny.I have a vicious pleasure to hit these gofers

#5 13 years ago

It's on my wish list. I played golf for years in youth leagues and competitions. Congratulations to both of you on your new machines. I guess for now I will have to settle for the poor substitute of playing it on my Xbox360

#6 13 years ago

The NGG multiball on Xbox360 is almost impossible to play. I have a 60'' TV and it is barely impossible to see the balls....

#7 13 years ago

I don't play golf but I really enjoy NGG. Congrats.

#8 13 years ago

Hey cool, I just bought a NGG last saturday! A fun game, gotta love those two gophers. And yes, the hole-in-one is really addictive!

I'm just having some trouble with the two ramps. They seem unable to "hold" up. After some inspection I found that it's missing some parts. Ordering them as we speak...

#9 13 years ago

I bet I know exactly which parts your missing Robin. I ordered mine directly form Cliffy. Awesome transaction btw.

Glad I got my NGG when I did, seems like you guys are buying em all up!!

#10 13 years ago

I hate golf but this pin is fantastic!

#11 13 years ago

" ... this pin is fantastic!"

I feel this way about most of Lawlor's pins. The guy just has a knack for designing unique, fun playfields. I can't think of any other modern era designer that has a better ratio of hits/misses. The only other person I can think of that even gives him a run for his money is Steve Ritchie.

#12 13 years ago

Popadiuk is really good. Better than Lawlor IMHO.

#13 13 years ago

i own this game too!!!! you need the cliffy ramp catches, they will NEVER break like the originals.... also i just ordered new gohper heads from Marco, get em while they last!!!!!

#14 13 years ago

"Popadiuk is really good. Better than Lawlor IMHO."

It's funny, because after I made my post, I started to think about it more, and Popadiuk immediately came to mind. I don't know if I would say I like his pins more than Lawlor's, but the guy consistently turned out top notch titles. Look at his track record: WSC94, TOM, TOTAN, CV. These are all awesome games, and three of the four are actually in the Pinside top 10. That's pretty impressive indeed! Of all the games he made, SWE1 is the only one that isn't universally liked. Then again, Lawlor and Ritchie were much more prolific than Popadiuk. They produced 3-4 times more pins respectively, with nary a bad one in the bunch.

#15 13 years ago

Picking my favorite designer is tough. I think just about every Williams designer has a game that makes my top 20 all time. They were just putting out amazing games, I mean from System 11 till the end there are very few I wouldn't put money in over the years.

#16 13 years ago

I like Gomez' games with Steve Ritchie coming in a Very close 2nd.

#17 13 years ago

Nice score with NGG - a very good game

#18 13 years ago

I regret not bidding on that NIB NGG that Lawlor sold on eBay. He doesn't live that far from me, so I could have easily drove to his house to pick it up. I believe it went for $6,500. That's probably a little steep for a NGG, but it would have been cool to meet Pat and have him sign it. In all likelihood, it was the last NIB one in existence.

#19 13 years ago

i'm with you sealclubber, my man is gomez. in addition to lotr and monster bash he has some nice original ideas in fastbreak,corvette, and dark knight +RFM. just seems like a real cool guy. NIB game from lawlor would be an experience! i have a family guy and LOVE it, between his design and seth macfarlane doing tons of soundwork it is amazing. him and gomez really went all out on p2k which i repect a TON. these are the top two designers (although there all so good) imho

#20 13 years ago

NGG, well done, i would love to add one to my room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-a-no-good-gofers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.