DSC02060.JPG
DSC02061.JPG
0305131009.jpg
0304131043.jpg
DSC01923.JPG
DSC01922.JPG
0222131000a.jpg
0222131000.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whitebuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I sold my Sonic Super Straight to buy both the FL2K and Panthera, but after it was all over with it was worth it. Both have some playfield wear, but is very minor. They both are having problems getting into game mode. The Flight 2000 won't even turn on, right now. The cabinets are in pretty nice shape for being in and out of arcades. So as a I discover more, I will post pictures of what I find.

#3 11 years ago

Here are two pictures of the playfields.

0222131000.jpg0222131000.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Here is the second.

0222131000a.jpg0222131000a.jpg

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

No power from F2K at all?
Rich

Yeah, the power board down in the bottom was pulled out, and it apparently doesn't turn on. I haven't had the time to investigate yet.

Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, some of them sound like someone farting in the woods, some sound like the Tikki room at Disneyland. Don't get me wrong, I have the game too and like it. I just wish they did a better job on the sound calls.

Now, I'm looking forward to the sounds of Panthera! It should be quite fun!

#18 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys! I didn't know there was a replacement power board.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Power board pulled out? Yikes, that board was soldered in. Luckily there's replacement rectifier boards available. The original rectifiers were originally undersized and usually overheated and burned out by now. I have seen many of these get rebuilt with larger rectifiers. Marco has a nice replacement that has status LED's showing that the output voltages are within range. Pin-logic used to have a board with a connector kit that eliminates the need to solder but I don't know if he still has them. It's also a good idea got change the 44 lamps to 47's to take stress off the board and re-pin the connectors to Trifurcon connectors.

Hey Lovef2k can you send me a link to that website page because I can't seem to find it on Marco.

#24 11 years ago

Thanks for the links! The price doesn't look too bad, so I might have to pick one up for it.

#28 11 years ago

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new rectifier board for the Flight 2000 and a power supply board for Panthera. I got both from K's Arcade. I think they are also both Rottendog boards. Any luck with these?

#30 11 years ago

Okay, I'll make sure to do that.

#31 11 years ago

Panthera is now up and running thanks to Rottendog's Power Supply Board. Now onto Flight 2000's Rectifier Board, which is currently all screwed up. Picture to come.

#32 11 years ago

Took a look at Flight 2000 today. Man, is it a mess! I rewired the slings. The playfield almost dropped on my head. It looks like I am going to install the new rectifier board tonight and fire it up, possibly.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

How did you know the slings needed work before you got game running? The sling mechs on these games wear and the kicker will get sloppy. There's no replacements for these unless you find NOS or a game with low plays. On F2K I found that the upper left sling gets the least amount of hits and is usually less worn. I found that placing a nylon washer on the pivot shaft helps reduce the slop.
The solder points for the rectifier board can be found on pinwiki.
Rich

The two lower slingshots were taken apart, so I had to put them back together.

#38 11 years ago

I believe everything is there, but I guess I'll see when I power it on.

#39 11 years ago

I'm in the process of reworking one of the flippers because it got oiled by some idiot. Finally here is what the old rectifier board looks like. Tonight I might tackle the board.

0304131043.jpg0304131043.jpg

#40 11 years ago

Any tips on how to fix that birdcage of wire rework over there.

#44 11 years ago

The whole entire board (Meaning the transformer, etc) was removed. I had to put it back in. The big problem is all of the connectors were repinned, and J1 isn't even the right number of slots on the connector. It has one to many. So I'm planning on going through and redoing it all because I don't want something to blow if it is wrong. Plus everything seems to be wrong on this game. A safe bet would say that this entire transformer board is wrong.

#47 11 years ago

^That is on the bottom board too.

#49 11 years ago

Does anybody know if it is suppose to be there?

#51 11 years ago

Got it powered up, but doesn't start a game. The game does boot up. It just doesn't take a credit and the GI doesn't light up.

#52 11 years ago

Here is a photo of it lighting up.

0305131930.jpg0305131930.jpg

#53 11 years ago

reseated J1 and now the GI is lighting!

#55 11 years ago

I had the GI lighting and credits taking this morning, but now I only get two or three chimes.

#57 11 years ago

It varies sometimes it will fully boot (with 7 chimes), but now the displays won't turn on.

#61 11 years ago

Order the two IC 5101 from Marco. They should be here in a couple days.

#62 11 years ago

Also ordered all new drops targets for Flight 2000 and LED's for Panthera. Starting to think about what LED's I'm going to use in Flight 2000. First, though, got to get the thing working! IC's should come Monday. After that I'll have to see on what the next step is in the restore process.

#64 11 years ago

The rec board is installed that is how I know the 5101's are bad. I never trust the prop stick, so I had it leaned up against the backbox it still fell. Luckly enough it didn't fall on me. I got the five blank drops and the decal set from Marco. I wasn't aware that PBR had them. I'll have to remember that the bank unplugs.

#67 11 years ago

Put in a new 5101 at U8 last night it got me back to where I was originally. The game boots, but doesn't or can't fire up a game. The soleniods don't work right now, so I'm thinking the next step is to look into the driver board.

#70 11 years ago

It is now "working" as far as it starts a game (cracked molex), but now when you lock two balls it kicks one out and one into the shooter lane. That isn't suppose to happen.

#73 11 years ago

Looks like the game solved the problem for itself. It has stopped shooting out two balls. Now, to a few other issues.
One, the lower pop bumper won't fire, but it did fire once or twice today. That was really weird since I haven't ever seen it fire before. Just in case you think it is the switch it isn't. Whenever it is touched by the ball it scores points, but doesn't trigger the pop.
Next, The lower left sling if hooked up blows a fuse down in the lower. I'm thinking it might be related to why the pop isn't working, or that the coil is bad.
Lastly, All the slingshots chatter when fired or fire multiple times. I have no idea what would cause this.
Other than that the game is really coming along great. Thanks for the tips so far!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whitebuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-a-flight-200-and-panthera?tu=Whitebuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.