Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Beez
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago

Bought all three of my games after playing only one game on them. Worked out well for me. I think you can just get a gut feeling if you'll love it or not.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

So all you are saying that you never played a machine before you bought it? That seems like a big risk for a ton of cash. NIB I can see, maybe...

Just to clarify: I had never even seen a LOTR or Congo in person. I went to the peoples' houses just on the reputation of the game. In each case, I played one game, rocked the score, handed over the money, and loaded it up. Each are still great games.

Those Pinside reviews really come in handy sometimes.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually the exact opposite.
Buying an unfamiliar game for the right price, you won't lose money, might make a few bucks.
Most NIB purchases will result in you losing money. People who bought Mustang lost $500 or more if they realized they didn't like it. And lots of people realized that.

They're not stocks. They're games.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good point. That's why absolutely no pinsiders are obsessed with what everyone pays for games, how much they "have into it" when they try to sell, and all other matters involved with pins financially.
I mean, except for every single pinsider.

You're right, of course...except for your last sentence. I've always overpaid for my games, played the hell out of them, and because of how much I enjoy them I never care if I'll recoup the money. (Car analogies are inevitable here!)

With that said, I'm jumping all over that T2 you think you're getting. It's mine! Mine, I say!

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

So what!! Does that mean you're suppose to flush common sense and money down the toilet? These games aren't toilet paper either and just because it's a hobby, doesn't mean you're a bad person if you'd like them to hold most of their value.

I agree! Levi was just making it sound as if that was the first consideration in buying a pin, and that's why he doesn't buy NIB, because of the drop in value. I personally think that's silly. I have 1700 plays on my WOZ...the drop in value matches up pretty well with what I would have spent in an arcade to play it. And I'm nowhere near done with that machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bought-_-before-you-played-it?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.