Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I just go by what MIpinball says.. his sources are pretty accurate.

Indeed they are! I haven't seen him be wrong on an early call before.

1 week later
    #89 12 years ago

A comic book style X-Men pin would be pretty sweet indeed!

#106 12 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

IMHO their best was TSPP. Everything since has been pixelated photo-art and it's just subpar. They did ok on SM

Yea art is one area Stern can improve in and a comic style release may be just what the doctor ordered. I thought the overall look of SM and TSPP were pretty solid but I do wish they put a little more effort into coming up with different ways to make the cabs look better than they have in the past.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Ugh, that would mean Kevin Bacon is on the pin.

I feel you on that one gambit. The photos of the actors on SM below the left rail is what really pushed me pick up the buildings from back alley to cover them up.

#139 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

That leaves Resident Evil and GI Joe as my suspects. I guess we wait and see.

Well I usually hear this type of news first from you so if you get any helpful tips please let us know.

#193 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

badbilly27 said:The second clue is the ramps look like they make an X.
    Is there a shot of the machine that shows an X Ramp.

That would be pretty cool! Glad they are going with comic version on this one?

#203 12 years ago

The crossing wire returns from the ramps on ID4 would fit this theme to a tee! They make almost a perfect X.

4 weeks later
    #266 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It is indeed comic based artwork like we have been asking for years.

Hand drawn art and a comic based theme, looks like Stern is making some changes. Can't wait to see how X-Men tuns out!

#308 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

pinball_customs said:I'm more curious about who the artist on Xmen is gonna be! Very exciting times that hand-drawn art is making a comeback. Something JJP isn't doing.
    *duck*
    - B
    Sorry Brock no custom hand drawn for the game. But it will PS comic art just not custom pf art.

Thats just silly. Can't imagine it looking anywhere close to as good as hand drawn art could be for this title. Glad they went the comic route but really took the easy way out by not going with an artist to do the playfield art.

#390 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

treborlicec said:However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?
    Exactly....get rid of the stripped down junk and price it all like JJP.....
    or, you could have a "base model" that costs 5,500 depending on what's in it and 1k more for the LE version.......
    4500 for stripped down versions versus 8k for LE's is way out of whack.....

I agree with you a hundred percent Ice. Too big of a price difference and too high of an end price of 8K for the LEs.

#397 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

8K is ridiculous, I agree. Most distributors give much better pricing than that, as most of us already know. Generally, only the non collector public is going to pay retail for the games.

I agree but give it a year and new LCD screens. Considering Sterns recent pricing trend it is not crazy to think they will be in that range sooner rather than later.

#401 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

The premium model makes much sense... produce enough to meet the demand, no more, no less, and everyone is happy.

Gotta go a big +3 on that!

#416 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Snailman said:+1. Bring back wizard modes and mini-wizard modes like SM. Or go back to doing a wizard mode like CV.
    Amen!

Yes please!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.