Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 12 years ago

Purple apron - makes me think Avengers and besides everyone known for ages that Borg was working on Avengers

#11 12 years ago

I thought that was the standard black plastic apron they put on Pro models now?

I might be seeing things!

Anyway, how about this for a backglass???

The-Avengers-Movie-Widescreen-Wallpape.jpgThe-Avengers-Movie-Widescreen-Wallpape.jpg

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

JonM said:jackal2001 said:Heard it is Men In Black.... "confirmed"
    I so hope your wrong! Borg + Avengers = NIB purchase! MIB could be good but the 2nd film was utter crap! Plus i wouldnt buy a Gomez game again until I've played it.
    I'm with you there. I'm still hoping for Avengers by Borg.

Has to be.

Would be cool if it is LCD.

#71 12 years ago

A real shame that Avengers is going to be DMD. It will look very dated next to WOZ. If it had been LCD I would have been sooooo tempted, but current pricing for 20 year old technology, does not do it for me.

I might have to wait for Ritchie's next Star Trek which will be LCD for sure. Will have to wait another year and then decide whether to get JJP Hobbit or Stern Star Trek!

1 week later
    #81 12 years ago

X-Men was a rumor but Avengers was almost 100%........have Stern done a last minute change??

#87 12 years ago

And where does Resident Evil fit in?

#113 12 years ago

Well, with all the Alice clues on Stern's Facebook, it has to be Resident Evil. Probably chosen to go head to head with WOZ....

#115 12 years ago

Maybe also as this is last pin with DMD, they may think Avengers/X-men will show off the LCD screen better than Zombies? DMD Zombies would be less scary for kids...

#122 12 years ago

GI Joe got to be a red herring for sure.......

#157 12 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

RobT said:Of course theme matters. No question about it.
    That doesn't mean that there aren't great playing pins that have themes that suck. I refused to play WoF for weeks simply because of the theme. Once I played it, I loved it. Theme still sucks...but the game play is very well integrated with that theme.
    I will play any game regardless of sucky theme, just wont pay $6,000 to have a pin in my home with a crappy theme - $2,000 yes, but not $6,000

Agree. For home use I have to like the theme or the game will get old real quick.

#159 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

simonakapw said:BMore-Pinball said:RobT said:Of course theme matters. No question about it.
    That doesn't mean that there aren't great playing pins that have themes that suck. I refused to play WoF for weeks simply because of the theme. Once I played it, I loved it. Theme still sucks...but the game play is very well integrated with that theme.
    I will play any game regardless of sucky theme, just wont pay $6,000 to have a pin in my home with a crappy theme - $2,000 yes, but not $6,000
    Agree. For home use I have to like the theme or the game will get old real quick.
    Well I loved the theme of SS and that game lasted 6 months in my house. It got old really fast.

Agree, but would get older even faster if you didn't like the theme

#175 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I've commented on Stern's facebook bullshit before too, and they just delete it instantly. Alot of the stuff he/she posts is totally unprofessional and childish, and really turns me off to their company as a whole. Even though I love alot of their games, their marketing is crap...

They stimulate conversation but is all publicity good publicity? I don't think so as there is no 'cool' factor at all....

#183 12 years ago

So X-Men looking more likely.......

Still not convinced as several Stern employees admitted Borg was working on Avengers......that was a few months ago, so who knows.

I therefore think next pin IS Avengers!

#189 12 years ago

I spoke to Gomez at a show and let's just say it seemed Avengers is 99%

#194 12 years ago

Will be weird if X-Men as those in the know all but confirmed Avengers a while back..........

#205 12 years ago

Looking like it may play similar to IM so it is looking like it could be fun. Last DMD probably. Good idea to drop the pricing as it makes them feel like a bargain compared to AC/DC!!

#208 12 years ago

I am still not convinced it is X-Men.

Stern love trying to throw us off the scent. Remember Steve Ritchie said on facebook that he was not making AC/DC.......hmmmmm.

Avengers was what Borg was working on so I cannot believe they have canned it........

We will see......still Avengers until proved otherwise

#213 12 years ago

But Avengers was 'confirmed' by actual Stern employees..........anyway, not long till we find out!

#223 12 years ago

I heard they already have the license for next year and it will be SR, new system, but mid 2013.

#227 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

simonakapw said:I heard they already have the license for next year and it will be SR, new system, but mid 2013.
    So how can you know SR is doing Star Trek and you don't know that X-Men is next?

Well, it was a few months ago I spoke to certain people and at that time, Avengers was a dead cert.

#232 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.

It will happen but not until 2013.

#234 12 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

simonakapw said:Rascal_H said:A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.
    It will happen but not until 2013.
    is that inside knowledge.......

Let's just say a reliable source suggested Stern have the licence. Movie not out until around May 2013 so hence 2013. Also again suggested that Ritchie would be given this one, especially as he did STTNG!

3 weeks later
    #252 11 years ago

Been rumored for sooooooo long that it is Avengers, it will be a major shock if it isn't Avengers, despite all the X-Men hints.

#279 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

treborlicec said:jackal2001 said:Just pro and LE from what I have been told but..... there will be 2 different LEs.
    Oh, crap. More choices. Hope that TF LE pricing comment from mnpinball is accurate. I know all of the uber geeks want real comic artists to do this, but I think Youssi would be perfect for the job. If there are custom dots, I'm sure Galvez will do a great job, as well. He has really stepped up the dots in the last couple of titles.

As of now I don't know about the dots and if they are going to be pulled from movies or all custom or a mixture of both.
    I do know that there will be no movie based sound/audio. All the audio is 100% custom from David Thiel.
    And yes, I said the same think. Oh crap, more choices. My guess, and it is just a guess, is they will do something like TFs Designer EDs for the LE choices again.

So what the heck happened to Avengers?? It was a certainty at one point and I had it confirmed to me by a Stern employee back in Feb????

Cant believe they would do Avengers after as too similar........would love to hear more!

#379 11 years ago

At the moment when I compare Stern prices to the Predator pin price, Predator wins.

That said, IM was compellingly addictive so a Borg X-Men could be a winner.

And what happened to Avengers, especially as a music pin could be next????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.