Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago

If this is Avengers I will have to consider which 2 pins I need to buy NIB. Decisions decisions?!?

And that apron does have a purple tint! Maybe it's just a purple led though? Is it just me or does anyone else hate these teases?

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Heard it is Men In Black.... "confirmed"

I so hope your wrong! Borg + Avengers = NIB purchase! MIB could be good but the 2nd film was utter crap! Plus i wouldnt buy a Gomez game again until I've played it.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Thanks peeps.
    I know it has 3 flippers, kind of a reverse Tron layout. 2 ramps Pro, 2 1/2 ramps LE.
    DMD game, no LCD. I know for fact it is comic book related. So take that to the bank.

Reverse to TRON, 3 flippers, 2 1/2 ramps, I hope it's not too similar to SMs layout. I have my TRON and SM next to each other for that very reason their flipper layouts mirror eachother.

Comic book related? It's gotto be Avengers unless MIB was originally a comic or graphic novel, anyone? Was hoping Avengers would be 4 flippers and maybe 4 ramps maybe im being greedy although an LCD would be perfect for Avengers what with the characters alone being every colour under the rainbow - IM red, Cap blue, Hulk green, Hawkeye purple, Thor silver, first colour DMD purchase for me

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have no doubt in my mind that MNpinball is really Gary Stern in disguise. Come clean Gary, we forgive you for Rolling Stones, Iron Man & Avatar............You redeemed yourself with Tron & ACDC.

Nothing wrong with IM or Avatar both fast fun open games, rolling stones okay that's a turd

1 week later
    #86 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Comic version X-Men would be genius. Movie version X-Men would suck. I don't want to look at Hugh Jackman as an ill-cast Wolverine Photoshopped all over that thing.

One can dream but I think we all know IF it is xmen it will be the movie licence.

#125 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

simonakapw said:GI Joe got to be a red herring for sure.......
    What does that mean?

Basically a ploy to throw people off the right track.

#144 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I am sure Jody is just pissing in the wind its all he knows how to do. The most worthless person at stern is Jody. Does nothing knows nothing about pinball could careless about pinball. Inside man for the investors is all he is.
    He should stick to giving tours and snitching on co workers. Or go back to the music business.

+1 on that, looks like he's being paid for overtime to piss in the wind today, I've just logged into FB and my new feed is flooded with BS posts from stern. Xmen or Avengers are serious contenders for NIB for me, RE games yes, movie theme hell no, MIB or GIjoe will be a nail in sterns coffin.

#173 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

gambit3113 said:jackal2001 said:Same as what was shown last Sept. so nothing new yet.
    I was talking about all the images. Zoidberg, some girl that looks like Wendy's, reflection of some horror figure in the glass, etc...
    That is Jodi being a douchebag. Nothing new there. Just his normal doucheness.

Only at stern would your director of marketing or media (I genuinely forget what he is doing at stern) continue to be employed for doing absolutely nothing useful or constructive. Douchebag ain't the word for him as I'm sure he's an ok fella more like clueless and this latest waste of time FB stunt proves it.

1 week later
    #218 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

X-Men is next followed by Gomez doing Avengers. Gomez was on that radio talk show talking about Avengers.
    If you think about it, there is a ton of material to pull from with all the X-Men movies but they need to wait until Avengers is released in order to get the material. Just like they did with Tron.

Please tell me your joking! Gomez on Avengers!?!? Well there goes my other dream theme down the toilet, first he screwed up TF now he's gonna get a chance at screwing up Avengers. I really hope this is incorrect.

3 weeks later
    #264 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It is indeed comic based artwork like we have been asking for years.

Guess that means custom music, custom sfx, custom dots, custom everything? If its comic book based art I'm guessing no movie references so no material from movies will be present, seems like alot of work for stern.

#275 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Just pro and LE from what I have been told but..... there will be 2 different LEs.

Hmm no unlimited production premium model, maybe to make people jump on site unseen in the panic they might miss out? Think I'll still wait, I'm probably in the minority but I'm not totally sold on original comic book styling stern have been geared up for years simply using movie resources now they are gonna do everything custom, gotto see this first before I pull trigger.

#283 11 years ago

Oh well Im in the minority but I'm not currently hyped for a non movie based pin from stern it leaves way to much freedom for them to take short cuts and screw things up. Hopefully avengers is movie based but I PRAY and hope Gomez does not design it, after TFLE I don't think he could design an avengers pin worthy of the license.

#387 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

smokedog said:Any idea who is doing the software?
    The 2 new younger guys are doing software Waison and a new guy, Lonnie is overseeing them and is writing wizard modes. I know the young team are big comic fans and really amped for this title. Similar team effort and excitement like LOTR had.

This is almost the best news possible, although its a real shame Lonnie is writing the wizard modes can guess how those wizard modes will probably play out, shoot "A" 10 times, shoot "B" 10 times, shoot "C" 10 time..... See where I'm going with this. I say give the new guys freedom to shake things up abit and simply let Lonnie oversee them to learn how to write interesting rules. My faith is with the new guys on the rules hopefully some new ideas are allowed to be implemented and Lonnie doesn't over rule anything with shoot there 100 times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.