Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Avengers or RE Debate on.

I think its Avengers

530655_10150681380739244_136972659243_.jpg530655_10150681380739244_136972659243_.jpg

#29 12 years ago

It is Steve. He is jamming Borgs whitewood

1 week later
    #119 12 years ago

Now there throwing Gi Joe references up on FB. Just a horrible mistake. No matter how good the new movie is(and it wont be) they cant dig themselves out of the hole of the first movie. WE all know it wont be cartoon based so it sucks by default on theme. The sad thing is the group of regulars who purchase every game blind will inflate Sterns ego yet again. They know who they are there is about 20 of them. Its so greta.

#130 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Why are you people so hung up on theme? Come in, it makes no difference how good the movie is. You'll be playing pinball not experiencing the story. GI joe has potential for cool pinball ideas just like WoZ (a horrible theme), or ACDC, a band I don't like. Get over the theme. It doesn't make or break the game. Those of you that are so theme focused may miss out on some great games. Likewise, good theme may result in horrible game (Ij4).

Because the pool with which they draw from is horrible. Lets face it they need everything they can get. Its not B/W they cant make a JM or Shadow. They need all assists. Not a stern hater most of my games are sterns. WOZ will succeed because of design and innovation not theme. Ac/dc will succeed for one reason only Lyman not even Steve.

I am sure Jody is just pissing in the wind its all he knows how to do. The most worthless person at stern is Jody. Does nothing knows nothing about pinball could careless about pinball. Inside man for the investors is all he is.

He should stick to giving tours and snitching on co workers. Or go back to the music business.

#132 12 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

I bet b/w wish they had never made JM, Congo, DM, TS, etc. If there is one thing Stern has gotten right over the past decade, it is choosing strong licenses.

My point was those title transcended there theme. Stern need to get everything right as no one thing they do is above and beyond. For Stern they have to get ti all to come together or its a dud. For B/W they could make a game with a shit theme that still played good. I have never seen stern make a game with a crap theme that was good. Name one.....what austin powers lol. I am sure they have rights to all of the above games. I am still on the fence if Capcom let them do RE. I think Sony pictures might let them but Capcom.......

*edit* CSI could be the exception to the good play crap theme.

#134 12 years ago

Congo is a cool game. The theme is not that bad...whats bad is the cheesy lower pf. Bad games are NBA FB. Someone asked gomez once at Expo how it felt to have designed a game that everyone regards a parts game lol. Pwned.

#137 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

BMore-Pinball said:markmon said:Why are you people so hung up on theme?
    If you are paying $5,000 to put something in your home, some people sort of want to like the theme

Then they should get a $10 movie poster and focus on a game that's fun.
    I have never seen stern make a game with a crap theme that was good. Name one.....
    Elvis. Great flow, fun use of upper flippers, tough game. Very well made, toys aren't cheap, gold plated metal ramps. Worst theme in pinball. Most of us are too young to be Elvis fans. I dispose Elvis. Game is fun.
    24. Lyman + Steve Ritchie. It would have been better had they let Steve and Lyman finish it. But Lyman updated it 18 months later and it's good. Lots of tight shots, constant hurry up, definitely decent flow. It's only downside is that the theme is totally unengaging. Still loads of fun. Anyone that says all you have to do is shoot the center shot repeatedly really has no clue how to play the game. In not saying this is sterns best game, but it's definitely fun.

Elvis is a sweat theme and i am 34. Love it. Love mo-town and all 50-60's pop music. 24 steve hated making the game its clear in the design just like wpt. I bought one new lasted one week. Couldn't stand to look at that grid. It made me want to vomit all over the pf. Let alone Chloe. Let alone disproportional sniper toy. Cheesy jet and copter. Hey its the straw that broke the camels back and made Steve call Gary a big flaming ass hat and quit.......Lyman hated the game despises it. Just ask either of them.

1 month later
    #241 11 years ago

It is good for us ac/dc has hold ups.....it means they might give a poo about QC. I can say as i owned a tf that the decals on ac/dc make tf decals look like trash not only in application but in resolution. You know how TF has streaks not ac/dc and that is impressive. Why you might ask....Its like looking at BLACK on a lcd tv frm the early 2000's compared to BLACK the way it is now on Plasma or led tv's Its that big of a difference.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #256 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

AkumaZeto said:This statment right here tells me you have zero knowledge of the inner workings of Stern. Zippity do da notta clue.
    When you started this topic you thought Avengers?

Indeed that was a month ago......Things change. I wont argue with people who dont want to know what some of us say to be truth.

#258 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

AkumaZeto said:Indeed that was a month ago......Things change. I wont argue with people who dont want to know what some of us say to be truth.
    So....what was said to be true

XMEN!

#300 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

There are a few people across the country that get info and chat among themselves about this stuff. You never know who talks to certain people.
    Guess you guys missed the pic that Stern posted on FB today and then pulled.
    This was the exact image they used.
    http://www.brighamandwomens.org/publicaffairs/Images/DNA_with_mutation.jpg

#303 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'm more curious about who the artist on Xmen is gonna be! Very exciting times that hand-drawn art is making a comeback. Something JJP isn't doing.
    *duck*
    - B

Sorry Brock no custom hand drawn for the game. But it will PS comic art just not custom pf art.

#306 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I am really confused by that, too. How do you Photoshop comic art, but not draw it? Digitally create it, I suppose, but based on what? It could be pretty bad.

Guessing there gonna use assist's from marvel. What art they use i dunno.

Maybe there gonna do what they always do. Go to google type X-men than click images lol.
    Worked for TF

https://www.google.com/search?q=xmen&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=pP-rT4SQHor68gSHhrAa&biw=1920&bih=979&sei=pv-rT46NAoKI8QT9_bAa

#307 11 years ago

But i would hope they stick to the same artist and not grab chops of different styles.

#312 11 years ago

Fattrain was in Jody's office the day he posted Zombies on Fb and it was pure B.S to F with people. I was in the factory 2 days later and heard the same thing.

#313 11 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

gambit3113 said:Why would you bet with someone that has a track record of knowing what the inner-workings of Stern are, well before everyone else? If Akuma and mnpinball say it is X-Men, it's X-Men.

Why not? just a bit of fun me old chap....
    If these guys are so close to Stern then i would think that leaking info before its officialy announced would get them into some bother. For that reason, i think what they say is a 'smokescreen' hence my willingness to bet on the machine being Avengers. Nothing sinister about it, just fun.

Your gonna eat these words in about 3 weeks lol. I will put 100usd up dude. But when they announce Xmen you wont pay.

#317 11 years ago

128 meg.......not just for AC/DC

#321 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Pro: movie art
    LE: comic-based art
    thoughts?

I don't know what to say so i will just say no. Why would they do that. Your not understanding the Licence nightmare the movies are. To many mouths to feed to many people to have input.

#323 11 years ago

from Borgs page.

479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg 546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg 563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg

#325 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Was that from the old Sinbad movie? That pic brings fun memories back. Either that or Clash of the titans type of stuff.
    Either way all three pics together Spell Avengers (lol!)

No it doesn't. (Sarcasm ON)

Cyclops
    Storm
    Magneto

#344 11 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

AkumaZeto said:Russo121 said:gambit3113 said:Why would you bet with someone that has a track record of knowing what the inner-workings of Stern are, well before everyone else? If Akuma and mnpinball say it is X-Men, it's X-Men.
    Why not? just a bit of fun me old chap....
    If these guys are so close to Stern then i would think that leaking info before its officialy announced would get them into some bother. For that reason, i think what they say is a 'smokescreen' hence my willingness to bet on the machine being Avengers. Nothing sinister about it, just fun.
    Your gonna eat these words in about 3 weeks lol. I will put 100usd up dude. But when they announce Xmen you wont pay.
    Perhaps. Fun all the way buddy. Y'see, someone in your position has a better ability to cloud the truth than others. If i were to bet with you and your current 'inner working knowledge' of Stern, then i'd lose my shirt either way. Right?
    One thing for sure though, this thread has generated a LOT of interest. If that was the sole intention of yourself, well done. Cant wait to see what it is now. Haha...

Lol figures when it comes time to put up or shut up well........

#348 11 years ago

june/july with gomez's game hitting the line in the fall.

#350 11 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

pmWolf said:Yes, but I, on the other hand, have ZERO knowledge of the inner-workings of Stern. I've never talked to any of their people.
    So, it is safe to bet with me. How about fifty bucks? Twenty bucks? Whatever you feel comfortable winning from a dimwit like me that has no inside info.
    I've been trying to get in on this bet of yours since the beginning, too.
    Pete
    Sadly, the odds now seem heavily stacked against me. I'd be happy to offer some second hand toilet paper or some genuine British toe nail clippings instead?
    AkumaZeto said:Russo121 said:AkumaZeto said:Russo121 said:gambit3113
    Lol figures when it comes time to put up or shut up well........
    My apologies Grand Meister pin lord ultra. I shall beat myself chanting thy name for 7 days and nights with a rusty shooter rod dipped in millwax so as to appease thy almighty wrath. Have mercy on me and my family, we are but lower than solenoid coil carbon deposits and beg thee for thyne devine forgiveness o lord.

Let this be a lesson onto thee my son.

#356 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I heard pics by the end of May. Maybe next Friday, maybe not. In the past, they were going to release pics on certain weeks and they never did. That is one thing I count on, to not count on.

+1 Xmen will be superior to what we have seen in teh past from stern. Building on AC/DC's popularity.

I have heard the le is jammed with 5 interactive toys and the Pro 2. Stern is on the comeback tour. Making fan requested titles. JJP has them in the left lane and there gonna fly down the 1/4 mile together. This is good for all of pinball.

#371 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

iceman44 said:spanks_4 said:
    I'm not paying 8K for a damn game or 4K for a half-assed stripped down POS.
    and therein lies the problem.....they should be able to produce the same game like JJP and just sell the LE version with a few tweaks at a higher price....like they did with SM and LOTR....come on man!
    You can't really compare the 2 scenarios. JJP's base model is the same gameplay wise as their LE, this is true. However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?

Base model to top Sellers is 3800

#380 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

At the moment when I compare Stern prices to the Predator pin price, Predator wins.
    That said, IM was compellingly addictive so a Borg X-Men could be a winner.
    And what happened to Avengers, especially as a music pin could be next????

Its widely believed Avengers might be the first LCD pin. Hell it would be sweet if ritchie was doing Resident Evil. After all he does not do cute

#383 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

MNpinball why aren't they doing the unlimited premium run again like they are with ac/dc???
    It's almost like gary wants to shoot himself in the foot??

So you dont Purchase it. Jason does not know that info anymore than anyone else. You think they share there business plan with us lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest?tu=akumazeto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.