Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg
    There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
    #201 12 years ago

I am in wait and see mode. I love the Transformers, but not the Bayformers, so passing on TF was not a tough decision. I love comic X-Men, but will have to see how much of the movie X-Men gets incorporated before I can say I am in. Especially since it is Borg. I love TRON, but he hasn't been a must-buy designer by any stretch of the imagination. He has been so hamstrung by budget at Stern, it is tough to get a feel for what he can do with more freedom and deeper pockets. Also, if you want to know the X-Men the way you should before building the pin, you have about 600 issues to read. Not 60.

I hope I see enough that I have no choice but to buy an LE.

#202 12 years ago

Borg's game production starts in about 30 days for the Pro (Europe). 2 ramps,
    3 flippers, captive balls, multiple ball interaction toys, scoop, a magnet or two +, a VUK that serves somewhat of 2 different exits or speed you could say to start things off. Custom molded toys, nothing from Kmart. No drop targets. The upper right flipper is supposed to have 4 shots alone. The main toy is an all new mech that is fresh and never been done before. When people see the layout, it it will remind them of a reversed Tron kind of feel.

Pricing for Pro and LE back to Transformers flavor. The game will be very ball interaction heavy which is what I like. I'd say the LE (2 1/2 ramps) is looking at July release knowing the past timeline of games. Can't wait to see Magneto action

#203 12 years ago

The crossing wire returns from the ramps on ID4 would fit this theme to a tee! They make almost a perfect X.

#204 12 years ago

Sounds like fun MN... Fingers crossed it will be true to the legacy.
    Ooooh, "Sentinel Multiball"... (Fires five balls from giant hand! )

_00152170.jpg_00152170.jpg

I sure hope Gambit and Nightcrawler are in.

#205 12 years ago

Looking like it may play similar to IM so it is looking like it could be fun. Last DMD probably. Good idea to drop the pricing as it makes them feel like a bargain compared to AC/DC!!

#206 12 years ago

"we love this avengers thing"

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ox1vc3I3ohQ

#207 12 years ago

If they're dealing with Marvel / Disney like they did with Iron Man, it will HAVE to be the comic book x-men. FOX owns the rights to the movie version X-men. Unless its some joint-license agreement--might be complicated sharing revenue between the companies.

I was rooting for Avengers, but comics based Xmen has me even more excited.

Gotta save up the $$ somehow this might be my one and only NiB purchase.

#208 12 years ago

I am still not convinced it is X-Men.

Stern love trying to throw us off the scent. Remember Steve Ritchie said on facebook that he was not making AC/DC.......hmmmmm.

Avengers was what Borg was working on so I cannot believe they have canned it........

We will see......still Avengers until proved otherwise

#209 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am still not convinced it is X-Men.

Yeah, they seem to try to give us the runaround until the last minute.
    X-Men comics or Avengers is cool with me.
    Just give me a decent layout with things to do and I'll be a happy camper.

#210 12 years ago

could it be the next clue - picture from Stern's Facebook page

stern_photo.jpgstern_photo.jpg

maybe a marvel comic pin with avengers being the main focus. If Marvel could ride the coat of the movies but gets around some of the licence stuff just Marvel.

#211 12 years ago

I'm not biting on X-Men either. I went back to the partial cads and it doesn't look like the ramps cross each other. In fact, they look more like Loki's horns than anything else. There's an Avengers movie this Summer. The most recent X-Men movie was last year and the next maybe in 2 years. In that radio interview Gomez talked a lot about Hulk's Smash shaking the playfield and didn't say a peep about X-Men. Both are good themes though and Stern's had a lot of success with SM, IM, and BDK, so we'll probably see both over the next few years. But which now....my guess is Avengers!

#212 12 years ago

Hmm, I'm going go go against the grain and say GI-Joe. Makes sense. Movie coming out this summer, and they already did another 80s big hit toy (transformers). Would be pretty cool having a GI-Joe and Transformers machines side by side.

#213 12 years ago

But Avengers was 'confirmed' by actual Stern employees..........anyway, not long till we find out!

#214 12 years ago

X-Men is next followed by Gomez doing Avengers. Gomez was on that radio talk show talking about Avengers.
    If you think about it, there is a ton of material to pull from with all the X-Men movies but they need to wait until Avengers is released in order to get the material. Just like they did with Tron.

#215 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Sounds like fun MN... Fingers crossed it will be true to the legacy.
    Ooooh, "Sentinel Multiball"... (Fires five balls from giant hand! )

I had this statue in your picture. Bought it Comic Con San Diego for 300. People were taking pictures of it, I just went up and asked the assistant how much they were, she gave me a price and said they had about 5 left. It was lit up with LEDs. I bought it and a Dr. Doom statue from the same company. When I brought them home, she said that they were so ugly she did not want them displayed. I flipped them on Ebay for 1400 a piece. Only 2 weeks after the Con. Also brought home a Captain America shield- Nice haul

#216 12 years ago

i still think MIB.

#217 12 years ago

Someone check to see if a X-men box set is due out. TF pin was released along side the trilogy box set.

#218 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

X-Men is next followed by Gomez doing Avengers. Gomez was on that radio talk show talking about Avengers.
    If you think about it, there is a ton of material to pull from with all the X-Men movies but they need to wait until Avengers is released in order to get the material. Just like they did with Tron.

Please tell me your joking! Gomez on Avengers!?!? Well there goes my other dream theme down the toilet, first he screwed up TF now he's gonna get a chance at screwing up Avengers. I really hope this is incorrect.

#219 12 years ago

I can not confirm 100% but if you look at the designers at Stern; Borg, Gomez, Ritchie their games come out in that order.

Borg - Tron
    Gomez - TFs
    Ritchie - AC/DC
    Borg - X-Men
    Gomez - Maybe Avengers
    Ritchie - ???

#220 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I can not confirm 100% but if you look at the designers at Stern; Borg, Gomez, Ritchie their games come out in that order.

Borg - Tron
    Gomez - TFs
    Ritchie - AC/DC
    Borg - X-Men
    Gomez - Maybe Avengers
    Ritchie - Star Trek

Fixed it.I hope!!!

#221 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

jackal2001 said:I can not confirm 100% but if you look at the designers at Stern; Borg, Gomez, Ritchie their games come out in that order.
    Borg - Tron
    Gomez - TFs
    Ritchie - AC/DC
    Borg - X-Men
    Gomez - Maybe Avengers
    Ritchie - Star Trek
    Fixed it.I hope!!!

I'm really hoping Steve does Star Trek as well. Here's hoping the license works out, Stern decides to do it, and Steve is the designer. It would be awesome.... especially if it's a new or revised system w/ LCD. The 'high tech' aspect of Star Trek would be a great fit with an updated system/LCD.

#222 12 years ago

Star Trek may happen but doesn't fall into the timeline correctly. Most likely they will wait until after the second movie is released. This means the pin will be come out at the end of 2013.

#223 12 years ago

I heard they already have the license for next year and it will be SR, new system, but mid 2013.

#224 12 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm really hoping Steve does Star Trek as well. Here's hoping the license works out, Stern decides to do it, and Steve is the designer. It would be awesome.... especially if it's a new or revised system w/ LCD. The 'high tech' aspect of Star Trek would be a great fit with an updated system/LCD.

Yes!!I really want this one bad=Star Trek with Steve and Lyman doing their thing with Gary letting them go all out,Stern's new operating system and an LCD display with some more SR innovation!
    I would be in for NIB.

#225 12 years ago

I heard they already have the license for next year and it will be SR, new system, but mid 2013.

So how can you know SR is doing Star Trek and you don't know that X-Men is next?

#226 12 years ago

I heard the next game is going to have a transforming toy, a cannon that fires the balls at you, will have an LCD and offer a QR code feature.

#227 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

simonakapw said:I heard they already have the license for next year and it will be SR, new system, but mid 2013.
    So how can you know SR is doing Star Trek and you don't know that X-Men is next?

Well, it was a few months ago I spoke to certain people and at that time, Avengers was a dead cert.

#228 12 years ago

Heard from a forum mate off another forum here in Aus - he has a reliable source let him know that he reckons it is definitely X-Men. Time will tell.

Another leads out there.........

#229 12 years ago

Steve Ritchie doing star trek would be amazing!
    JJP doing Star Trek would be amazinger!!

#230 12 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

tbanthony said:I'm really hoping Steve does Star Trek as well. Here's hoping the license works out, Stern decides to do it, and Steve is the designer. It would be awesome.... especially if it's a new or revised system w/ LCD. The 'high tech' aspect of Star Trek would be a great fit with an updated system/LCD.
    Yes!!I really want this one bad=Star Trek with Steve and Lyman doing their thing with Gary letting them go all out,Stern's new operating system and an LCD display with some more SR innovation!
    I would be in for NIB.

More innovation??? What was the last innovative addition that they have made?? God another Star Trek, yeah given that my all time favourite game is STTNG, a Stern Star Trek will be like IJ4 to IJ.. The more these guys keep going the more they are ruining pinball.. I was hoping that acdc would be something diff but no, I have given up all hope. Eskaybee, your spot on regarding JJ doing this title. Hopefully SR will be working for JJ then.

#231 12 years ago

A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.

#232 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.

It will happen but not until 2013.

#233 12 years ago

Rascal_H said:A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.

is that inside knowledge.......

#234 12 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

simonakapw said:Rascal_H said:A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.

Let's just say a reliable source suggested Stern have the licence. Movie not out until around May 2013 so hence 2013. Also again suggested that Ritchie would be given this one, especially as he did STTNG!

#235 12 years ago

swinks said:simonakapw said:Rascal_H said:A Steve Ritchie Star Trek would probably be my first NIB.
    Let's just say a reliable source suggested Stern have the licence. Movie not out until around May 2013 so hence 2013. Also again suggested that Ritchie would be given this one, especially as he did STTNG!

Thanks, should be interesting with a LCD and SR

#236 12 years ago

Superman, Man of Steel is also slated for a mid-2013 movie release. Either JJP or Stern need to jump on that title.

Additionally, I read on wikipedia that the Iron Man III movie is going to be hopefully followed by and Avengers II. Maybe that would be the ideal time to make an LCD Avengers pinball machine, especially if Avengers is not made into a pinball machine this year.

#237 12 years ago

I don't see another Star Trek pin in the near future. SR did it perfectly with STTNG.

3 weeks later
    #238 11 years ago

Word from the Stern camp that pics are coming late next week or very shortly after. So basically 10 days or so

#239 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Word from the Stern camp that pics are coming late next week or very shortly after. So basically 10 days or so

We can't wait that long.

#240 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

... or very shortly after.

That means by the end of May we should see pics. We would have them by now if AC/DC didn't have all the hold ups.

#241 11 years ago

It is good for us ac/dc has hold ups.....it means they might give a poo about QC. I can say as i owned a tf that the decals on ac/dc make tf decals look like trash not only in application but in resolution. You know how TF has streaks not ac/dc and that is impressive. Why you might ask....Its like looking at BLACK on a lcd tv frm the early 2000's compared to BLACK the way it is now on Plasma or led tv's Its that big of a difference.

#242 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It is good for us ac/dc has hold ups.....it means they might give a poo about QC. I can say as i owned a tf that the decals on ac/dc make tf decals look like trash not only in application but in resolution. You know how TF has streaks not ac/dc and that is impressive. Why you might ask....Its like looking at BLACK on a lcd tv frm the early 2000's compared to BLACK the way it is now on Plasma or led tv's Its that big of a difference.

TFs was inkjet printed and AC/DC is screened. That is why you see the streaks on TFs.

#243 11 years ago

Indeed, mine are side by side, and you can see and feel a big difference in the quality and resolution.

#244 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Superman, Man of Steel is also slated for a mid-2013 movie release. Either JJP or Stern need to jump on that title.

Sounds like a job for the Superhero Themed Electronic Rolling-ball Newtonian game company!

#245 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I don't see another Star Trek pin in the near future. SR did it perfectly with STTNG.

STTNG is amazing and one of my favorite games. It will also be 20 years old next year, so I think enough time has passed for Steve to do another one.

#246 11 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

I went back to the partial cads and it doesn't look like the ramps cross each other. In fact, they look more like Loki's horns than anything else.

Where can I see these partial CADs? Sorry, must not have gotten the memo

#247 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

scooter said:tbanthony said:I'm really hoping Steve does Star Trek as well. Here's hoping the license works out, Stern decides to do it, and Steve is the designer. It would be awesome.... especially if it's a new or revised system w/ LCD. The 'high tech' aspect of Star Trek would be a great fit with an updated system/LCD.
    I would be in for NIB.

More innovation??? What was the last innovative addition that they have made?? God another Star Trek, yeah given that my all time favourite game is STTNG, a Stern Star Trek will be like IJ4 to IJ.. The more these guys keep going the more they are ruining pinball.. I was hoping that acdc would be something diff but no, I have given up all hope. Eskaybee, your spot on regarding JJ doing this title. Hopefully SR will be working for JJ then.

Actually not considering they have the designer from sttng on staff now. It would be like if ij4 was done by Mark Ritchie who wanted to out do what he did in ij. It'll be more like a t3 to t2 - a game I find superior to t2 in every way.

#248 11 years ago

Watched the Avengers movie and thought its was a pretty decent brain fodder. Yeah, there were inconsistencies in the plot, the acting a little shitty, and total disregard for the laws of physics but its decent enough to be made into a pin. (funny scene between loki and hulk springs to mind)

You can bet your ass its going to be Avengers. If bookies would take a bet on it, i would bet a small fortune.

Why/how do i know this? The smart amongst you will already know Stern would NEVER go against the grain by not riding the wave of recent movie publicity....Anyone want to bet me heads up on the matter let me know, im all for it.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #250 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Russo121 said:

Watched the Avengers movie and thought its was a pretty decent brain fodder. Yeah, there were inconsistencies in the plot, the acting a little shitty, and total disregard for the laws of physics but its decent enough to be made into a pin. (funny scene between loki and hulk springs to mind)
    You can bet your ass its going to be Avengers. If bookies would take a bet on it, i would bet a small fortune.
    Why/how do i know this? The smart amongst you will already know Stern would NEVER go against the grain by not riding the wave of recent movie publicity....Anyone want to bet me heads up on the matter let me know, im all for it.
    You know some of us actually visit and talk to the designers......... Ever think of that....Ever think some of us have been told point blank to our face but we cant just come out and say it.....well have you? Ever think that some of us have seen the white wood and maybe have played it? nahhhhhhhh that cant happen can it.

I wish I was "some of us".

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.