1%

(469 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-10-20_18-55-00_248 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
1026160022a (resized).jpg
0430162247 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

I own a METLE. So of course I voted MET, BUT this poll got me going, as a first time pin buyer, what does a designer do? What is his job? What makes Borg, well Borg? Lawlor, jpop, jpooop (Ok dont answer that, we all know lol )

Are they like a project manager? Do they work out the angles of the shots and let others figure out the toys? Give a general mode and rules insight and let Lyman achieve it? Do they personally oversee the art and pick the artist?

So what does a pinball designer do?

BTW MET LE #199 here!

0430162247 (resized).jpg0430162247 (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Double

1026160022a (resized).jpg1026160022a (resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago

I've only played a few games of TWD, and it was SDTM city. The owner of the comic shop complained about it as well. I then complained to my buddy who routes the game and he went to check it out and made some adjustments. I haven't played it since, but I believe setup is important and that's why I didn't initially chime in. At the time, it killed any fun the game might have held.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't think a ball save is necessary, this is the unpredictable aspect of pinball that makes it so fun/frustrating as we've seen people actually complain when a pin has too long of ball times, I like the brutal nature of TWD.

This was the prison magnet and I think it didnt go SDTM maybe 10 percent. I was trying to not hit the shot at all, cause I new the ball was a goner. I played 3 games, so yea thats not a lot, but it was enough to scare me off and call my friend about it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-best?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.