(Topic ID: 51580)

Borg Takes a Metallica Premium for a Ride! First Pic of a Premium on Facebook!

By BackFlipper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

helena-bonham-carter-083.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
20130523_105843.jpg
20130523_114811.jpg
482601_10151612567624244_2128582333_n..jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Borg playing a Metallica Premium! Looks like Road Case art to me.

482601_10151612567624244_2128582333_n..jpg482601_10151612567624244_2128582333_n..jpg

#2 10 years ago

But we need a video

#3 10 years ago

Confirmed, that translite is still hideous.

#4 10 years ago

Still can believe they wouldn't throw on the rails with flipper wear protectors for premiums.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

But we need a video

Agreed!

Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!

Quoted from Pinballer22:

Still can believe they wouldn't throw on the rails with flipper wear protectors for premiums.

Agreed!

#6 10 years ago

freaking tease.....

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't believe they're actually making the "80's Gottlieb Edition"

Resale value for that version will be in the toilet. If you get one - get it for KEEPS.

#8 10 years ago

What is that reddish thing over by the fuel targets? Is that just light?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Resale value for that version will be in the toilet. If you get one - get it for KEEPS.

What he said^

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

What is that reddish thing over by the fuel targets? Is that just light?

ITS ITS ITS just iron man

#11 10 years ago

Wow that hammer is huge

#12 10 years ago

Nobody likes that translite. I can't believe they won't just change it to something else to appease the masses. That version of the premium could really be cool if, the translite was changed and I mean to something unique to that version not just the pro translite.

#13 10 years ago

Just left the Stern factory. Jody tells me I was the first non-Stern employee to ever play the Premium.

20130523_114811.jpg20130523_114811.jpg 20130523_105843.jpg20130523_105843.jpg

#14 10 years ago

I'm not even picky when it comes to translites, I'd take a real generic logo on a solid background. I just don't want a bunch of sweaty, balding guys on it.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Jody tells me I was the first non-Stern employee to ever play the Premium

soooooo...lets hear the details. How is the hammer?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Wow that hammer is huge

C'mon, it's not Wolvie huge or anything

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Wow that hammer is huge

That's what she said!

#18 10 years ago

Were you able to tell which inserts are color changers?

Do you know what version the code was?

Having the fuel lights be cool white is kind of disappointing. They will be a bitch to change too.

#19 10 years ago

Not really much code in the premium they had set up, it mainly just lit up and flipped. No action from any of the moving mechanisms.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Not really much code in the premium they had set up, it mainly just lit up and flipped. No action from any of the moving mechanisms.

Whats your 2 second assessment on the hammer. I fear it will be like Xmen ramp or Wolvie. Do you think it fits well?

#21 10 years ago

Does the hammer obstruct your vision? It looks pretty big, but I guess it's all about the angles.

#22 10 years ago

Is that a "out of order" on AV?

#23 10 years ago

Makes the pro next to it look dark,

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Wow that hammer is huge

+1

#25 10 years ago

The lights in the apron look like they are always on, as opposed to flashers. They look cool too.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Huge difference!

#27 10 years ago

why is the Translight on AC/DC not a issue for people, ugly old men rocking out not to mention the ugly playfield face on the pro. All of the sudden its not cool for Metallica? The roadcase cabinet is nice!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Wow that hammer is huge

Agreed. Why does Stern sometimes think they need to make these type of things so damn huge? It does not make it any cooler just a bit more obnoxious IMO. Would of been much cooler if it was smaller maybe even half the size it is now just like Wolverine.

#29 10 years ago

This crap pisses me off, put out a fricken video of LE play. Premiums were supposed to be the last produced. Although I have already paid in full for my MOPLE, I think there must be issues with the hammer.

#30 10 years ago

Anyone know what game that is with the blue DMD under Borg's chin?

#31 10 years ago

Damn its hard to see the snake next to that hammer.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Anyone know what game that is with the blue DMD under Borg's chin?

I think it is Avengers pro

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

why is the Translight on AC/DC not a issue for people, ugly old men rocking out not to mention the ugly playfield face on the pro. All of the sudden its not cool for Metallica? The roadcase cabinet is nice!

I like both ACDC and Metallica but the ACDC Premium band member translate just flat out looks better. Personally I think the colors on the ACDC translite work well with the theme of that game while the Metallica band member translite doesn't even flow with the playfield.

#34 10 years ago

Old Bald Lars Translite = ShittyBeast v2.0?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

why is the Translight on AC/DC not a issue for people

I don't care for either of them. I think they should avoid putting real images of the band members on the machine anywhere. If nothing else, its going to seriously date the machine.

#36 10 years ago

I am sure the band said they had to use that pos.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes the translite is horrible. Buutttt. AC/DC's premium translite is the same way. Photo band memebers style. That's doing just fine. I would have prefered band members cartoony like Dirty Deeds Done dirty cheap style.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Just left the Stern factory. Jody tells me I was the first non-Stern employee to ever play the Premium.

Borg looks like he needs the bathroom ASAP

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Wow that hammer is huge

It's Wolverine on a stick!

#40 10 years ago

First off the AC/DC translites look like $#!7 too. So let's get that out of the way. That said, they're not as bad at that awful Metallica one.

The problem is AC/DC didn't come with an option to have great hand-drawn art instead. So you just put up with it because it's a great game. But if the AC/DC Pro had a bad ass drawing and the Premium was a photoshopped bunch of geezers you'd be hearing the bitching, no question.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I'm not even picky when it comes to translites, I'd take a real generic logo on a solid background. I just don't want a bunch of sweaty, balding guys on it.

Quoted from Aurich:

First off the AC/DC translites look like $#!7 too. So let's get that out of the way. That said, they're not as bad at that awful Metallica one.
The problem is AC/DC didn't come with an option to have great hand-drawn art instead. So you just put up with it because it's a great game. But if the AC/DC Pro had a bad ass drawing and the Premium was a photoshopped bunch of geezers you'd be hearing the bitching, no question.

Quoted from copperpot:

Old Bald Lars Translite = ShittyBeast v2.0?

I hope none of the band members ever peruse Pinside.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes the translite is horrible. Buutttt. AC/DC's premium translite is the same way. Photo band memebers style. That's doing just fine. I would have prefered band members cartoony like Dirty Deeds Done dirty cheap style.

Nah, the AC/DC Premium has some artistic rendering to it, some cool designs, fonts, composition, etc. It also matches the overall art direction of the game. The Metallica Road Case translite is literally just a PHOTO...with no thought to composition or how it fits in with the rest of the game art.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, the AC/DC Premium has some artistic rendering to it, some cool designs, fonts, composition, etc. It also matches the overall art direction of the game. The Metallica Road Case translite is literally just a PHOTO...with no thought to composition or how it fits in with the rest of the game art.

Yeah, the ACDC premium translight reminds me of an old promotional concert poster. I like it.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My thoughts exactly. Looks amazing with Lasseriffics 3D train topper too

#45 10 years ago

Can't wait to get this game.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Look closer. They're there and they look painted to nearly match the Road Case cabinet. You can see how it rounds around the buttons. Either that or they painted the cabinet to make it look like they exist.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Ruger:

Look closer. They're there and they look painted to nearly match the Road Case cabinet. You can see how it rounds around the buttons. Either that or they painted the cabinet to make it look like they exist.

They made the art contour aound the buttons. The did that on the Avengers cab too.

#48 10 years ago

so i guess we are going to wait what? ... 3 weeks+ before we can see a video or someone here on pinside will make one before stern does (and probably better).

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Huge difference!

Wow. It is very noticeable.
I am not a Metallica fan but this playfield just looks awesome and I can hardly wait to put some time in on it.

#50 10 years ago

First snake eye LED mod for sale in 3...2...1...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borg-takes-a-metallica-premium-for-a-ride and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.