Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_2017-06-24-13-00-08(1) (resized).png
    borgRitchieLawlor (resized).jpg
    IMG_1401 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1050 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1049 (resized).PNG
    Pinball-designers (resized).jpg
    Backglass (resized).jpg
    image-7 (1) (resized).jpg
    image-7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago

For the "Stern Years" (2010-Current) I've got to go with Borg. Overall all though the win goes to SR.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

It seems to me like Borg's most well loved designs always have something borrowed: Jurassic Park has a similar layout to Whirlwind, TRON has a similar layout to Funhouse, Metallica has a similar layout to Monster Bash, Aerosmith has a similar layout to Medieval Madness.

You could design a game from scratch without looking at or referencing another game and 500 people on here will yell that the layout looks just like X! Pinball has been around for many decades and there is only so much you can do (and keep it fun) with a 20"x42" rectangle (or 27"x45" widebody).

Quoted from mbaumle:

Steve Ritchie, IMHO has a longer track record of individually unique games.

Really? I love Steve Ritchie games...one of my all time favorite designers. But there is no arguing that many (most) of his games follow the same formula (which is fine by me).

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from MacLean:

good point, Jeff. If Dialed-In was released before the original "popularity" poll was taken 2 months ago, I'm sure Lawlor's 17% could be up around 20% like Borg & Ritchie, or possibly higher.
    DI looks like it will be a game changer.

Game changer?

I will admit I'm not a huge Lawlor fan...Whirlwind, Banzi Run and TAF are as good as he gets for me and I have no plans to own any of those (but I do enjoy them). DI does even less for me...not even on my radar. Yes, I'd love to play one...but not own one. I find Borg and Ritchie games to be way more engaging (for me).

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

When Funhouse came out it turned the then vanilla pinball landscape on it's head (pun?), it was revolutionary. I never even played pinball till I saw Rudy.

Never really cared for Funhouse...and a buddy of mine had one for awhile. He ended up moving it on also. I understand a lot of peope love it... I'm just not one of them.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He must have owned a lot of 90s Gotleibs in the past
    It's the total package. Shit art, layout, audio, layout, Franekstein toy is just a train wreck, boring, layout; uff it's juts so rough. It's like a worse, much worse, version of TFTC without all the fun and cool animations & audio.

It's not great...but it's still better than Shaq!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borg-or-ritchie-whos-the-best?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.