Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Drano
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I restored and have owned my TZ for about a year but I've had a hard time truly loving this pin. I now have an opportunity for a very decent routed CC to restore and I think TZ would have to be first out the door. I spent 6 months restoring and adding almost every cool mod to it and tons of new parts.

I know it's near the top of a lot of player's lists, but I am just not feeling it. Am I missing something? Does it take a while to really warm up to this game... because it just isn't happening for me.

I've gotten LITZ, put up some pretty nice scores, achieved most things on this game, but I just don't find it all that much fun to play anymore. I actually prefer my TAF to TZ.

I played CC a couple of times and I know it's easy... but it's also a lot of fun to play. With so much happening lately with new CC code and PROC, I'm really tempted.

I have a hard time letting go of games (especially those I've restored) and I just don't want to make a mistake I'll regret.

Opinions?

#2 11 years ago

Keep TZ. CC is definitely not worthy of a $10k game.

#3 11 years ago

I was going to suggest never letting go of the TZ but I just viewed your collection, NICE! Since It will take me years to reach your frame of reference, I'll just bow out.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I was going to suggest never letting go of the TZ but I just viewed your collection, NICE! Since It will take me years to reach your frame of reference, I'll just bow out.

Thank you, but just so you guys understand, my interest in CC has little to do with its value or collectibility. I actually find it to be a fun game. Not super challenging, but neither is TOTAN.
Also, getting to work on one would be a treat, even if it is a bit of a trophy pin. But, I would have high hopes for the new code if/when it's ready.

TZ is certainly a players game and the complete opposite of CC, but I almost find the theme is not as well integrated as it could have been, the modes are not very much fun, the objectives are basic and easy to reach, with little payoff. I don't know, I used to like it more, but for me it's just meh now.

I could probably always cash CC in for another TZ plus money if I really wanted to... but I just feel like maybe I'm not really "getting" the game. Just wondering if others have felt the same?

#5 11 years ago

Find a trade for the CC if possible or just sell it outright to pocket the cash, sounds like TZ is half way out the door already....I just got a TZ, really enjoying it! Different strokes for diff folks!

#6 11 years ago

I love TZ, but I still wouldn't give it a second thought. First, if you ain't feelin' it, you ain't feelin' it. Secondly, if you decide you do miss it and want another down the road, they aren't exactly hard to find. CC on the other hand.....

#7 11 years ago

agree with RobT, love mine, but cc hard to come by

#8 11 years ago

I understand what you're feeling. I've had TZ for about 17 years now. I love the game for the theme, graphics, toys, etc. I do enjoy playing it, but it feels like a novelty game. It's not one that I just love to play over and over. Same way with our guests. A game or two of TZ and then they're on to another title...

That being said, I still have it after 17 years, and if I had to thin out the herd, it would probably be in the last few to go because I feel I would miss it greatly.

#9 11 years ago

I enjoy the Cactus and lucky enough to play one at a bar pool hall in AZ. I do enjoy TZ but CC is just pure fun in my opinion. I don’t know why CC does not get more credit. I have heard some things like the code was never fully done or rushed to get done unlike MB which I thought was the last full game Williams completed. I wish Stern or Jersey Jack would do an original theme like most of the old games I seem to like. I recently looked at a TZ as my first game which I will have one day as I still search for a TFTC because I liked them both. All in all I like fast paced games and feel the ramps and shots and sayings I really enjoyed on CC. I know TZ is a challenging game but sometimes you just want to hit the ramps and get great ball movement and CC delivers on this action in my opinion.

#10 11 years ago

I enjoy my TZ ... but if you're not feeling it just move on. Come back if you miss it, as the supply likely wont dry up.

#11 11 years ago

CC is on it's way to becoming one awesome game! With what I have seen from the P-Roc project it's gonna give CC a major facelift it's been dying for... Get your CC now! $10-12k might be cheap 6 months from now.

#12 11 years ago

I didn't care much for TZ either. Sold it and don't miss it. I say go for it. CC is fun!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thank you, but just so you guys understand, my interest in CC has little to do with its value or collectibility. I actually find it to be a fun game. Not super challenging, but neither is TOTAN.
Also, getting to work on one would be a treat, even if it is a bit of a trophy pin. But, I would have high hopes for the new code if/when it's ready.
TZ is certainly a players game and the complete opposite of CC, but I almost find the theme is not as well integrated as it could have been, the modes are not very much fun, the objectives are basic and easy to reach, with little payoff. I don't know, I used to like it more, but for me it's just meh now.
I could probably always cash CC in for another TZ plus money if I really wanted to... but I just feel like maybe I'm not really "getting" the game. Just wondering if others have felt the same?

I know what you mean about letting a pin go.

My TZ is a sample and is beautiful. Even though I don't play it as much, it would be the last one to be sold. It just seems to me to be unique and wasn't it fairly groundbreaking in terms og the complexity of some of the engineering?

CC is a more fun game. They project different moods for sure. With some of the developments of epthegeek's software on P-ROC, if you are serious abut a CC, better grab one before that becomes available. Pretty sure the game with jump in price once that becomes implemented on most machines.

If you are interested in selling, give jints6 (Tad) a PM. He might be looking.

Dan

#14 11 years ago

CC vs TZ? TZ for the win. CC code is absolute garbage and after a couple days your be done with it.

#15 11 years ago

I sold my TZ about 4 years ago and I didnt miss it till I played one. I had to get one back. I paid twice the price and it didnt have the 3rd magnet mod. I wouldnt sell it. But, it is yours. As Allister Crowely said, "Do what though wilt".

#16 11 years ago

Thanks guys.
Variety is the spice of life and I think I'll see if I can take a shot at this CC.
I gotta move fast to get the funds and make some room. Selling a restored and fully tricked out TZ is not going to be easy... unless I strip it and sell the extras on their own. I'd rather not do that.

I'm in the carribean right now so selling a game from this distance is extra tricky.
I've had a couple of local guys ask about it before. If I'm lucky I can get a deal in place on Monday.

Like most guys stated, finding another TZ shouldn't be too hard if I change my mind down the road.

#17 11 years ago

A TZ in GTA?! PM sent.

#18 11 years ago

CC is a great game despite the unfinished code. I'd make the trade and get the CC

#19 11 years ago

I agree. Plus, you can sell your CC later and get (2) TZ for the same price, judging how hard this pin is to get.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from jooky:

A TZ in GTA?! PM sent.

Message and details sent.

For anyone else interested, here is what I've done to this pin:

-cabinet had been stripped, sanded and new decals added.
-playfield has third magnet mod and is clearcoated. There were a couple of small problem areas on this original playfield but they were hidden so I just clearcoated it and kept the game protected, but original (except for the 3rd magnet). I did not like the pink repro playfields Mirco was making.
-robot, piano and working slot machine mods. These are all the high quality versions by Tracy's Toys. He no longer makes them.
-element 13 dead end lamp post and rocket ship (also very hard to find)
-laser cut chrome street lamp above power field
-GLM mini switch kit on power field and Cliffy edge trim also.
-new plastics in some areas
-proper colour matched pop bumper caps with matching wafers.
-LED lighting kit from cointaker throughout.
-thunderbird mod
-new plastic ramp
-new repro lockdown bar and latch
-new coin door
-new legs
-new translite trim and glass retainer
-new GLM flipper boards
-gum balls added to gum ball machine as well as lighting kit
-new powerball
-all new rubber
-Rottendog clock board and custom blue clock housing
-new eddy board cable
-tons of new coils and all sleeves replaced
-in think I even put a new Rottendog main power driver board in this game $300 value.

The list goes on and on It should play trouble free for a very long time.

in terms of negatuves, there is a tiny bit of decal wrinkling around the legs. Should be able to correct it with a heat gun if it bothers you but I've since put felt behind the legs.
The translite had a small scratch. Not very visible.
These are the only flaws. It's a very nice example.
The only thing I didn't do was sand the inside and bottom of the cabinet.

Also, it's an early production. Not a sample, but it has the green lock insert, decal over the gumball plastic and a couple of other early features.

#21 11 years ago

Well, TZ is tentatively sold and CC will be on its way soon!
It may be a while before I can start restoring it, but I'll be excited to play-test it for a while

This one will be a re-import so I'll post some pics once the slow-boat arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bored-of-tz-considering-selling-to-fund-cc-but-having-doubts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.