Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ToucanF16
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So, I want to add a BoP to my collection and want the BoP 2.0 mod. I have a few issues...

1. The Dutch PInball BoP 2.0 mod... I've signed up for the mod, but haven't transferred funds yet. Seems there's been issue with licensing (maybe that's benn ironed out). I've written directly to Dutch Pinball though their web site with questions regarding delivery timing and installation. These questions have gone unanswered. I'm somewhat leary sending money when they won't answer qustions from prospective customers.

2. The BoP itself. I've accomplshed restorations on other pins and know my way around the restoration process. My other pins are tastefully modded (LEDs, some toys, etc.). I have leads on two BoP machines; a fully high-end restored BoP from very reputable restorer, his machine has a Diamond Plate PF and is fully restored to original condition, no mods. The other pin is a player and will need a new (or restored) PF, decals and some plastics. I kinda hate to mod the high-end restored pin (seems I'm ruining the originality).

Thoughts or ideas??

#2 10 years ago

I would NOT send ANY money at this time. Just wait, you don't have to be the first to own 2.0. Look how long WOZ buyers are waiting for their games and WOZ has a build and sales record. Does 2.0? Keep your money in your pocket. I love my BoP.

#3 10 years ago

Get the nice one! Even if BOP 2.0 doesnt happen you still have a nice fun game, it will be the last to leave my collection!

#4 10 years ago

Go for the restored one. I LOVE my Bride of Pinbot and will never get rid of it. I am not sold on BoP 2.0 to be completely honest, I think its way overhyped. Maybe my perception will chance once I play it, but for now, meh. I bought my BoP because I wanted to play BoP.

#5 10 years ago

As other posters have mentioned, get the nice one. BOP is a terrific game. On BOP 2.0, they are good guys so don't worry about losing your money. That being said, I'd wait to pay until they announce they are shipping and past any license issues. Just logical approach.

#6 10 years ago

If you have the money get the better condition game. Also the BoP 2.0 kit is not a mod. It turns the machine into a completely different game and can be switched back to the original. They are past the licensing issues as well.

#7 10 years ago

BOP 2.0 is going to be sold through PPS. Just anounsed over the weekend that a deal had been made. Also stated it would ship in quarter 2.

If funds allow get the high end one as it will be easy to sell down the road if you want to as there aren't many nice ones out there. Problem with the lower quality one is that there is not a repo pf or plastics for BOP yet. Rick said one was coming but we don't know when.

#8 10 years ago

It's hard to find plastics and playfields for BOP's and if you do it's $$$. They're in the works but who knows how long you'll have to wait. I'd go with the nice one.

#9 10 years ago

I hear the pf's are close

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I hear the pf's are close

God I hope so. I am never one to splurge on really expensive pinball parts, but my cabinet is MINT and my playfield is so worn out its depressing. I would buy a clearcoated repro playfield so damn fast.

#11 10 years ago

I'd bet a good amount of money that they will surface within the year.

#12 10 years ago

I hope so, that and the Fishtales PF!

#13 10 years ago

I got a reply from Barry Driessen at Dutch Pinball today about my BoP 2.0 purchase. He restated what many already know. They are finalizing the license and will send an update to all his customers in a couple of days.

#14 10 years ago

DP guys are not fly-by-night....I am in on TBL and have realized that these guys want to under-promise and over-deliver....(without making any promises in the dark). I think they are a group that crosses their T's and Dot their I's before anything is released. (the way it should be)

#15 10 years ago

Great! Now all I need is the pin! That issue should be resolved this weekend. Then comes the wait for BoP 2.0!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-what-would-you-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.