(Topic ID: 114377)

BOP: upper playfield - what's proper layout?

By Geocab

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by calvin12
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150103_234523.jpg
IMGA0612.JPG
bop_mini.jpg
image.jpg
20150103_182651-515.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I frequently have a pinball get stuck at the bottom of this playfield where I have to shake the machine to free it up and it'll drop down by the spinner tunnel. I looked at the cause and I'm missing a post at the bottom. After looking for photos the upper playfield, I can't seem to find one consensus on the proper layout of the rubber rings. The top right corner of mine looks as if it's missing a post there too, it's under a triangle configured rubber. I'd like to make this as intended and I don't have the manual.

Can anyone show me how this should be? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

This is mine now.

20150103_182651-515.jpg20150103_182651-515.jpg

#3 9 years ago

You can get the manual at ipdb.org.

#4 9 years ago

Looks like your missing mini posts on both sides of the bottom. My rh top is different too but I'm not sure that would be a big difference.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 9 years ago

Thanks for the photo. I have posts I found in the bottom the machine I can install in a little bag. I'll put them in tonight.

#6 9 years ago

Funny. I have wondered about this myself for some time. I re-rubbered my game a few years ago when I picked it up. I always thought it was weird to have the spot on the upper right open to the cabinet, but maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. Anyway -- here is what I ended up with:

bop_mini.jpgbop_mini.jpg

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Looks like your missing mini posts on both sides of the bottom. My rh top is different too but I'm not sure that would be a big difference.

image.jpg 344 KB

Mine is almost the same as yours but mine has 3 posts for the rubber in the top right corner.

IMGA0612.JPGIMGA0612.JPG
#8 9 years ago

I have the bottom two posts installed now and changed the upper right corner to look more like the photos above. Very nice not having to worry about the ball getting stuck anymore. Also, maybe it's coincidence, but the ball has gone back to the plunging lane more often now. Before it hardly ever went there, mostly pops and left side.

#9 9 years ago

20150103_234523.jpg20150103_234523.jpg
#10 9 years ago

If you look at page 2-36 in the manual it should not be open on the right side by the cabinet. I have no clue if the holes in the playfield match the diagram in the manual.

#11 9 years ago

Has there been a manual the was 100% accurate with rubber rings?

#12 9 years ago

2-36 and 2-37 show different layouts for the upper right corner. The diagram on 2-36 isn't even possible since they don't have a lower hole in the mini PF to put a post there to make a triangle ring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-upper-playfield-whats-proper-layout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.