(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randyv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

I received the same email from Peter and have been tracking this project for what seems like years. I am really excited to hear that they almost ready to ship!

2 weeks later
#51 9 years ago

Peter said their vendor messed up when shooting the clear and they could not fix them. The playfields have to be redone. Not sure if that meant they need to manufacture new ones, but I think it does. He said something about being unable to sand the clear and when they tried it caused chipping or damage around the inserts. I assume the pfs were junked.

What it does mean is a delay. No big deal for me. I've been on the wait list since 2011 and can wait a little longer for them to be right.

#64 9 years ago

As I said, I am not sure how much stock was ruined. I emailed Peter and asked about selling the pfs without clear. Will let everyone know what I hear back. I suspect his deal with PPS or PPS' license with WMS may dictate whether or not that is allowable.

#65 9 years ago

Peter replied that he cannot send the pfs out uncoated. He did not say why. So that's that.

He also said he was almost done preparing the next batch of pfs and is hoping to be ready to start printing by Wednesday. So they are moving ahead..

2 weeks later
#92 9 years ago

Thanks Peter! Looking forward to the finished product, no matter how long it takes. Good luck with the second batch.

Randy

1 month later
#103 9 years ago

Same here. Peter emailed me pics as well. Looks like he is close, if not ready, to ship.

2 weeks later
#144 9 years ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

To get the thread back on topic
Received an email from Peter today! One more sanding operation, + one more clear coat. Then they need to sit until the 18th before he can pack and ship it.

Same here. Paid in full on Friday. One more coat of clear and they ship. Looking very forward to seeing the final product. Kudos to Peter for seeing this through after so many years!!

Randy

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

RandyV and 500VDC, you guys got notice you're in this batch? Anyone else get notice?
Guess I'm in like WeirPinball and didn't make the cut...

Correct. I ordered directly from Peter and have been on his list since he first announced he was doing these a little over four years ago. So I have been in line for a loooooong time. He contacted me a few months ago (before the first batch was ruined) to confirm I was still interested. I assume if I had dropped out, he would have moved down the list to find someone else to take my spot.

I have no first hand information, but I would speculate Peter was allowed to a sell a small number of playfields directly to the people he had on his list since the start of the project. As I said, I first contacted him about the playfields near the end of 2010. I have no idea how may people might be on that list but my impression is that it was not too many. My assumption also is that after Peter fulfills his commitments to his customers that all future production would go to and be sold through PPS. Again -- that's just my outsiders view of the situation. I have no direct info from or relationship to Peter or PPS.

Randy

4 weeks later
#166 9 years ago

Peter just sent me a tracking number for my playfield. It's on the way.

3 weeks later
#182 9 years ago

My playfield from Peter arrived a few days ago and I just unboxed it now. I'll just repeat what everyone else has already said:

WOW!

Peter has done an amazing job. As I'm looking at my game I'm almost tempted to go the full way and redecal the cabinet. My cab is original and isn't even faded, but has a lot scars. Installing this new playfield will make everything else look ratty in comparison.

Here are some pictures from my phone. They don't do it justice.

A huge, huge thanks to Peter for seeing this project through!

Randy

BoP_LR_PF.jpgBoP_LR_PF.jpg BoP_Lower_PF.jpgBoP_Lower_PF.jpg BoP_LL_PF.jpgBoP_LL_PF.jpg BoP_Full_PF.jpgBoP_Full_PF.jpg BoP_Backlit_PF.jpgBoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randyv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality?tu=randyv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.