(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

After I replaced the cabinet artwork on my Indiana Jones, I installed some of the protectors from pinball life. To eliminate ANY chance of wrinkling the new artwork, I cut away the portion of the decal under the protector and removed it entirely so even the protector has no contact except with the cabinet itself.
Greg

Now THAT'S smart.

4 months later
#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Peter is doing a masterful job on these PFs.

Now that you have yours hows the clear coat and how is it holding up?

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I unboxed and checked it after it got here but I rewrapped/ boxed it back up as I am finishing up by Whirlwind PF swap before I start on my BoP PF swap. I believe there are a few here on Pinside that have swapped out their new PFs and are playing with the new PF. They may want to provide some feedback. The cc on the game looks great. All I plan to do is hand buff it with 3m ultrafine finish and wax it. I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

Quoted from mollyspub:

glad you asked... not that this is peter fault but, after only a few plays i can see what look like fine hairline scratches only in bright light and certain angles in the clear. i waxed the playfield with 3 coats before install and used new balls. anyone with any thoughts ???

Thanks guys. I've heard the clear on a new pf needs to cure for a month or two before it's reached it's full hardness. Is that only true when you put down multiple coats like the pros do.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

Why do you apply the satin to the underside? I've heard that by coating only one side of wood (which seals it) leaving the other side unsealed can cause warping. Is this true with playfields?

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The satin polycrylic is to make the underside less prone to black solenoid dust and smear marks. Maybe not required just something I do. Not sure about the warping. Both sides are sealed; paint and clear on the top and the poly on the underside.

Do you use the brush on or spray on? I've heard that the rattle can stuff has something in it that makes it turn yellow after a few years.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I brush it on with thin coats using a foam brush. Just stir it before each use with a popsicle stick, don't shake it, store in cool space but don't allow to get too cold. It is water based, much less prone to ambering compared to non-water based. Here is a picture. I use the 1/2 pint cans from lowes or HD. One can lasts a long time.
You still enjoying your Sterns Mustang? I still would like one. someday.
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Thanks for the info Chet, much appreciated. Yes I'm still lovin my Pro Mustang, it will be here till I die.

1 month later
#215 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just stumbling across this thread again. I asked Peter about this when my PF was first shipping. He advised to let it sit a couple of weeks and that it should be fine.
As for the clear, I don't have any scratches in mine as of yet. It seems to dimple worse than my other games but I think that is just a factor or the clear being so shiny it's easier to see it. I wouldn't consider there to be any issues with the PF at all. I'll have to be honest though and say that I have maybe 50 plays on my machine since I restored it so if there were any issues I may just not have got to that point yet. BOP 2.0 has been such a disappoint to me (for it's cost) at this point I haven't felt the desire to play it. The game plays great, the sounds are awesome and the animation are cool too, it's just way to easy to progress through all the modes and right now the modes are way to repetitive for me to be entertained. I'm hoping that with the final release of the code that it will spark my interest, otherwise the game will be posted for sale.

Thanks for the info. Here's another question, are the new pf's drilled and dimpled? That would make the swap much easier.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes. The swap was a breeze as far as PF swaps go. There were a couple of items that were off that I advised of in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod . I also talked with Peter as I found issues and he advised he was making corrections to the second batch to fix those so your swap should be even easier.

Thanks a bunch, that's good to hear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.99
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.