(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 5 years ago

Did they ruin all of the first run?? Why could they have made a test CC run on some junk PF or something instead of running all of them. Sell them to us without Clear....

2 weeks later
#79 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm just bummed as I tore mine apart expecting it by the end of Dec. Now it looks like I'll have it in pieces for a while just collecting dust. Learned my lesson. Don't start the restore until you have parts in house.
Hopefully it's just a minor set-back and it doesn't take them months to get it back on track.

With you on that brother. I learned that painful lesson with my Whirlwind, had my game completely torn down waiting for a CPR PF and then found out after a 2 year wait, and at the 11th hour, I was not going to get my PF because they sold out of them before getting to me on the pre-order list. Bummer..

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Hope you took lots of pictures! I have to many half-finished projects and could probably never remember how to put it back together!

I take lots of pictures of the top PF stuff as I am removing things. I put most the components in Baggies that are related to a specific assembly, etc. I label all the posts and make a "post" map of where they go on a sheet of paper, so I get all the posts and standoff where they belong. I lay them out on a big table along side the game, pretty much in position they will be in on the PF when I put it back together. I work on the underside components one by one and re-install them as I finish cleaning/rebuilding them, again, I take lots of pictures as I am removing stuff, as a precaution if I break wires, or something comes loose. In case of WW, I had to put some molex connectors on some of the PF switches as quick connects and also some of the underplayfield components like the spinning disk motor assembly, etc., in order to break the PF down.

2 months later
#157 5 years ago

Must be many people on Peter's WTB list. I received e-mail confirmation from him that I was on his list in Jul 2012.

2 weeks later
#175 5 years ago

Really! Five period or five from just the first run??

#177 5 years ago

Thanks.

3 months later
#197 4 years ago

If you are on fence, suggest you get this PF if you want a beautiful PF for your bride. I was lucky to get one in first run through Rick an PPS. Peter is doing a masterful job on these PFs.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that you have yours hows the clear coat and how is it holding up?

I unboxed and checked it after it got here but I rewrapped/ boxed it back up as I am finishing up by Whirlwind PF swap before I start on my BoP PF swap. I believe there are a few here on Pinside that have swapped out their new PFs and are playing with the new PF. They may want to provide some feedback. The cc on the game looks great. All I plan to do is hand buff it with 3m ultrafine finish and wax it. I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why do you apply the satin to the underside? I've heard that by coating only one side of wood (which seals it) leaving the other side unsealed can cause warping. Is this true with playfields?

The satin polycrylic is to make the underside less prone to black solenoid dust and smear marks. Maybe not required just something I do. Not sure about the warping. Both sides are sealed; paint and clear on the top and the poly on the underside.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you use the brush on or spray on? I've heard that the rattle can stuff has something in it that makes it turn yellow after a few years.

I brush it on with thin coats using a foam brush. Just stir it before each use with a popsicle stick, don't shake it, store in cool space but don't allow to get too cold. It is water based, much less prone to ambering compared to non-water based. Here is a picture. I use the 1/2 pint cans from lowes or HD. One can lasts a long time.

You still enjoying your Sterns Mustang? I still would like one. someday.
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

1 month later
#214 4 years ago

Thanks 85vett for your feedback as well as your PF swap thread. My bride gets played alot by visitors and it was popular during a league I hosted. Agree, it can get a little repetitive (I don't have BoP 2.0) but I still enjoying the challenge of getting to final face and trying to keep multi-ball going. My game originally cost me about as much as the new Repo PF from Peter, but I am looking forward to doing a full PF swap and and cab restoration on it this winter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside