(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

This is really on time.. im doing a restoration of mine atm but what the hell! =)
If someone knows where I can contact the guy(s) selling these I would like to know. PM me if you don't want to post it in the thread.
/ Andy

It's the same company that made the High Speed playfields. They will be for sale via PPS according to Rick.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from SDFworker:

CPR made High Speed

Not sure then. It's the company in Germany that had the high speed on there website forever. I didn't realize that the HS that was done last year was from CPR.

#41 9 years ago

Shoot. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to do a phone interview to let people register to be on his site with all the BS he has to deal with.

Just sign up and move on. Not worth complaining about.

1 month later
#75 9 years ago

None. I posted that same question on the PPS forum a week ago. So far nothing. Originally they thought some time in December to get the first batch redone. Hopefully that is the case. I have a game all torn apart waiting for a playfield at this point.

#78 9 years ago

I'm just bummed as I tore mine apart expecting it by the end of Dec. Now it looks like I'll have it in pieces for a while just collecting dust. Learned my lesson. Don't start the restore until you have parts in house.

Hopefully it's just a minor set-back and it doesn't take them months to get it back on track.

1 month later
#102 9 years ago

Sweet. Send me one just like that now. I'll have my own clear done this time

I just want my game back together at this point....

#105 9 years ago

I swear. This whole hobby is starting to be more frustrating than fun. Just read the PPS forum. There are multiple pre-order list and nobody there mentions when they will get to the PPS list. All I want to know is when these will be available to buy. If you're going to make me wait 6 months+ I'll put the game back together and dump it as there is not guarantee we would even get one.

#107 9 years ago

According to Rick they are separate.

1 week later
#114 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

This BoP is about one of the most agonizing builds ever. My whole family (who could care less about pinball) is actually eagerly awaiting this playfield. I keep spending more money on things I don't need for this machine (like the beautiful mirror back glass etc).
Looks like I'm way over budget and not recouping any on this... but it's not going to be for sale anyway.

I can sympathize with you. Got the PF's new home ready though

IMG_5968.jpgIMG_5968.jpg

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That powder coat looks awesome - great idea

Actually is Automotive paint. I decided to try out some candy purple to see how it would blend the black decals in with with DP backpanel. I'm liking it so far.

Quoted from Snux:

Looks like a P-ROC lurking in there

Better believe it. No expense spared in this restoration, so it's getting 2.0

#127 9 years ago

They actually do, especially with new decal installs. They are fine if you use the Stern stand offs though if you want them for the look. Seen several games with issues with those and a lot of the high quality restores refuse to put them on games now.

Cab looks great!

#135 9 years ago

For the hundreds of hours and $$$ spent to restore a cabinet, just spend $15 and get the stern brackets. Not even remotely worth the risk of an issue popping up.

#137 9 years ago

How many of those NEVER's were on games with new decals? It's a bigger issue with fresh decals.

I hate being a knat but I would hate for you to waste all that time making a super nice cab just to have them wrinkle up on you. You can still use the other ones for the look over the stand off Stern ones.

I've seen it myself and it happened on my TFLE. Fortunately, I caught it in time and was able to flatten things out. I thought the same thing and it bit me in the ass.

2 weeks later
#156 9 years ago

Things have gone dark since the last update. I sent Peter an e-mail a week ago to see how things are going and haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping the clear didn't get messed up again.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Geeze, do we stay on the PPS list (I think I'm #5) or deal directly with Peter. I hate to miss out because late comers go straight to Peter.

If you are #5 on PPS list you should be fine. Peter is sending a portion of PF's from each batch to PPS. I think I'm closer on PPS list as well but I'm also on Peter's too. Figured I'll go with whom I show up first on and pass on my spot on the other list.

1 week later
#165 9 years ago

Feels like bop 2.0 all over again. We're ready, oh wait never mind some stuff came up and then darkness came

4 months later
#213 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks guys. I've heard the clear on a new pf needs to cure for a month or two before it's reached it's full hardness. Is that only true when you put down multiple coats like the pros do.

Just stumbling across this thread again. I asked Peter about this when my PF was first shipping. He advised to let it sit a couple of weeks and that it should be fine.

As for the clear, I don't have any scratches in mine as of yet. It seems to dimple worse than my other games but I think that is just a factor or the clear being so shiny it's easier to see it. I wouldn't consider there to be any issues with the PF at all. I'll have to be honest though and say that I have maybe 50 plays on my machine since I restored it so if there were any issues I may just not have got to that point yet. BOP 2.0 has been such a disappoint to me (for it's cost) at this point I haven't felt the desire to play it. The game plays great, the sounds are awesome and the animation are cool too, it's just way to easy to progress through all the modes and right now the modes are way to repetitive for me to be entertained. I'm hoping that with the final release of the code that it will spark my interest, otherwise the game will be posted for sale.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the info. Here's another question, are the new pf's drilled and dimpled? That would make the swap much easier.

Yes. The swap was a breeze as far as PF swaps go. There were a couple of items that were off that I advised of in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod . I also talked with Peter as I found issues and he advised he was making corrections to the second batch to fix those so your swap should be even easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.