(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 8 years ago

I have one ordered with Peter and I can't wait. Now I have a winter project lined up for the end of this year - doing a swap on my BoP!

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that you have yours hows the clear coat and how is it holding up?

I unboxed and checked it after it got here but I rewrapped/ boxed it back up as I am finishing up by Whirlwind PF swap before I start on my BoP PF swap. I believe there are a few here on Pinside that have swapped out their new PFs and are playing with the new PF. They may want to provide some feedback. The cc on the game looks great. All I plan to do is hand buff it with 3m ultrafine finish and wax it. I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that you have yours hows the clear coat and how is it holding up?

glad you asked... not that this is peter fault but, after only a few plays i can see what look like fine hairline scratches only in bright light and certain angles in the clear. i waxed the playfield with 3 coats before install and used new balls. anyone with any thoughts ???

#204 8 years ago

I posted this in another BoP repro playfield thread but have not received a reply, so I figured I would try here since this topic seems to be more active. Kinda need to know that my thinking on this is correct so I don't miss out:

So quick question. I see that Peter is gearing up for the 2nd run of these. I got an email from him and sent him a deposit via paypal.

Now I get an email from PPS about the second run. I am assuming this is because I put my name in with Peter directly and with PPS via their site.

If I pre-order through PPS in addition to the deposit I sent Peter then I will end up getting 2 of these, right?

Just want to clarify whether I should do the PPS pre-order by the end of today or if I am safe with the deposit sent directly to Peter via Paypal.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I unboxed and checked it after it got here but I rewrapped/ boxed it back up as I am finishing up by Whirlwind PF swap before I start on my BoP PF swap. I believe there are a few here on Pinside that have swapped out their new PFs and are playing with the new PF. They may want to provide some feedback. The cc on the game looks great. All I plan to do is hand buff it with 3m ultrafine finish and wax it. I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

Quoted from mollyspub:

glad you asked... not that this is peter fault but, after only a few plays i can see what look like fine hairline scratches only in bright light and certain angles in the clear. i waxed the playfield with 3 coats before install and used new balls. anyone with any thoughts ???

Thanks guys. I've heard the clear on a new pf needs to cure for a month or two before it's reached it's full hardness. Is that only true when you put down multiple coats like the pros do.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I will clean the inserts on the bottom and apply three coats of satin

Why do you apply the satin to the underside? I've heard that by coating only one side of wood (which seals it) leaving the other side unsealed can cause warping. Is this true with playfields?

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why do you apply the satin to the underside? I've heard that by coating only one side of wood (which seals it) leaving the other side unsealed can cause warping. Is this true with playfields?

The satin polycrylic is to make the underside less prone to black solenoid dust and smear marks. Maybe not required just something I do. Not sure about the warping. Both sides are sealed; paint and clear on the top and the poly on the underside.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

The satin polycrylic is to make the underside less prone to black solenoid dust and smear marks. Maybe not required just something I do. Not sure about the warping. Both sides are sealed; paint and clear on the top and the poly on the underside.

Do you use the brush on or spray on? I've heard that the rattle can stuff has something in it that makes it turn yellow after a few years.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I posted this in another BoP repro playfield thread but have not received a reply, so I figured I would try here since this topic seems to be more active. Kinda need to know that my thinking on this is correct so I don't miss out:
So quick question. I see that Peter is gearing up for the 2nd run of these. I got an email from him and sent him a deposit via paypal.
Now I get an email from PPS about the second run. I am assuming this is because I put my name in with Peter directly and with PPS via their site.
If I pre-order through PPS in addition to the deposit I sent Peter then I will end up getting 2 of these, right?
Just want to clarify whether I should do the PPS pre-order by the end of today or if I am safe with the deposit sent directly to Peter via Paypal.

Your deposit with Peter will secure you a playfield directly from Germany.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Your deposit with Peter will secure you a playfield directly from Germany.

Ok thanks. That's what I thought but I figured I'd better ask. Not too experience with this preorder stuff and don't want to miss out on one of these.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you use the brush on or spray on? I've heard that the rattle can stuff has something in it that makes it turn yellow after a few years.

I brush it on with thin coats using a foam brush. Just stir it before each use with a popsicle stick, don't shake it, store in cool space but don't allow to get too cold. It is water based, much less prone to ambering compared to non-water based. Here is a picture. I use the 1/2 pint cans from lowes or HD. One can lasts a long time.

You still enjoying your Sterns Mustang? I still would like one. someday.
FullSizeRender (4).jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpg

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I brush it on with thin coats using a foam brush. Just stir it before each use with a popsicle stick, don't shake it, store in cool space but don't allow to get too cold. It is water based, much less prone to ambering compared to non-water based. Here is a picture. I use the 1/2 pint cans from lowes or HD. One can lasts a long time.
You still enjoying your Sterns Mustang? I still would like one. someday.
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Thanks for the info Chet, much appreciated. Yes I'm still lovin my Pro Mustang, it will be here till I die.

1 month later
#213 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks guys. I've heard the clear on a new pf needs to cure for a month or two before it's reached it's full hardness. Is that only true when you put down multiple coats like the pros do.

Just stumbling across this thread again. I asked Peter about this when my PF was first shipping. He advised to let it sit a couple of weeks and that it should be fine.

As for the clear, I don't have any scratches in mine as of yet. It seems to dimple worse than my other games but I think that is just a factor or the clear being so shiny it's easier to see it. I wouldn't consider there to be any issues with the PF at all. I'll have to be honest though and say that I have maybe 50 plays on my machine since I restored it so if there were any issues I may just not have got to that point yet. BOP 2.0 has been such a disappoint to me (for it's cost) at this point I haven't felt the desire to play it. The game plays great, the sounds are awesome and the animation are cool too, it's just way to easy to progress through all the modes and right now the modes are way to repetitive for me to be entertained. I'm hoping that with the final release of the code that it will spark my interest, otherwise the game will be posted for sale.

#214 8 years ago

Thanks 85vett for your feedback as well as your PF swap thread. My bride gets played alot by visitors and it was popular during a league I hosted. Agree, it can get a little repetitive (I don't have BoP 2.0) but I still enjoying the challenge of getting to final face and trying to keep multi-ball going. My game originally cost me about as much as the new Repo PF from Peter, but I am looking forward to doing a full PF swap and and cab restoration on it this winter.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just stumbling across this thread again. I asked Peter about this when my PF was first shipping. He advised to let it sit a couple of weeks and that it should be fine.
As for the clear, I don't have any scratches in mine as of yet. It seems to dimple worse than my other games but I think that is just a factor or the clear being so shiny it's easier to see it. I wouldn't consider there to be any issues with the PF at all. I'll have to be honest though and say that I have maybe 50 plays on my machine since I restored it so if there were any issues I may just not have got to that point yet. BOP 2.0 has been such a disappoint to me (for it's cost) at this point I haven't felt the desire to play it. The game plays great, the sounds are awesome and the animation are cool too, it's just way to easy to progress through all the modes and right now the modes are way to repetitive for me to be entertained. I'm hoping that with the final release of the code that it will spark my interest, otherwise the game will be posted for sale.

Thanks for the info. Here's another question, are the new pf's drilled and dimpled? That would make the swap much easier.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the info. Here's another question, are the new pf's drilled and dimpled? That would make the swap much easier.

Yes. The swap was a breeze as far as PF swaps go. There were a couple of items that were off that I advised of in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod . I also talked with Peter as I found issues and he advised he was making corrections to the second batch to fix those so your swap should be even easier.

#217 8 years ago

Anyone get word on the status of the second run yet?

#218 8 years ago

I got an email from Peter July 25th that they are gluing inserts now and should have playfields ready to ship the end of August.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

really suprised to hear that. especially with all the time and effort you put into your restore. i really enjoyed your thread ! hope the updated code will change your mind !

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes. The swap was a breeze as far as PF swaps go. There were a couple of items that were off that I advised of in this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-restomod . I also talked with Peter as I found issues and he advised he was making corrections to the second batch to fix those so your swap should be even easier.

Thanks a bunch, that's good to hear.

3 months later
#221 8 years ago

Any updates on the new batch PPS was supposed to get in August? I have one ordered but haven't heard anything and kind of stopped reading the forum.

#222 8 years ago

Chip,

Peter's been working on it and updating when there's significant progress.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing

#223 8 years ago

Sorry, I mean Josh. ☺️

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

Chip,
Peter's been working on it and updating when there's significant progress.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-bride-of-pinbot-repro-playfield-list-closing

Thanks! Looks like its just a delay and I wasn't forgotten!

2 months later
#225 8 years ago

All of PPS batch has shipped as of Monday.

[email protected]

1 week later
#226 8 years ago

3rd Run BOP Repro Playfields.

Hello to all

The 3rd run of BOP Playfields is ready to start. Now is the time were I would like
you to confirm / commit your purchase with a 100 Euro pre payment via PayPal
to [email protected].
On this run we will apply at least 3 coats of clear coat, that will cause the price to be slightly higher. I am trying to get the edging around the inserts better. If a forth coat is necessary
I will apply it on my cost.
If you wish to pay in full to take advantage in the good exchange rate, you are welcome to do so. But please don’t rush me, it takes time, the most time is spent on waiting for the clear coat to settle, I can do nothing to rush the settling of the clear coat.

If you wish to have a proto type playfield with yellow inserts please add 100 Euro to the playfield price. We are only making 5 proto type playfields to keep them as a special.

Price for the USA and Canada
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 95 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 725 Euro
=================================

Price for Australia
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 105 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 735 Euro
=================================

Price for Europe EC
1 BOP repro Playfield 630
Shipping / insurance 35
VAT 19% 126,35
-------------------------------------------------------
Total 791,35
================================

Thank you.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

3 weeks later
#227 8 years ago

Hello to all.

We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#228 8 years ago

Hello to all.

The inserts are all in now. We will let them rest a while for the glue to harden out nicely, end of next week we will start to sand them.

If anyone still has intrest for a Playfield, we still have a couple free.
Please send me an email to [email protected]

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

2 months later
#229 7 years ago

Hello to all.

The boards have been printed and the first clear has been applied. We have to wait a bit so that the clear coat can settle.
Then we will sand them down and send them for the second clear coat.

Wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.