(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago

Hello to all. First I want to thank all for thier patients. BoP is way over ordered and I didnt have enough wood to produce all the palyfields ordered. Im waiting confirmation for the next bunch of wood and will emmidiatly start as soon as the wood arrives. Im alloud to sell the playfields through my company. Rick from PPS will also get playfields on every batch I produce. Im working strictly up my, if someone jumps off, I take the next person.
Regards from Hamburg, Peter

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all. First I want to thank all for thier patients. BoP is way over ordered and I didnt have enough wood to produce all the palyfields ordered. Im waiting confirmation for the next bunch of wood and will emmidiatly start as soon as the wood arrives. Im alloud to sell the playfields through my company. Rick from PPS will also get playfields on every batch I produce. Im working strictly up my, if someone jumps off, I take the next person.
Regards from Hamburg, Peter

Thank you for taking the time to give us an update. Eagerly and patiently waiting. Definitely a lot of interest in this one.

1 week later
#154 5 years ago

Anyone get one of these yet?

#155 5 years ago

shall the bidding begin? lol

#156 5 years ago

Things have gone dark since the last update. I sent Peter an e-mail a week ago to see how things are going and haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping the clear didn't get messed up again.

#157 5 years ago

Must be many people on Peter's WTB list. I received e-mail confirmation from him that I was on his list in Jul 2012.

#158 5 years ago

only been a week since the last update. These things obviously take time...

#159 5 years ago

#160 5 years ago

Geeze, do we stay on the PPS list (I think I'm #5) or deal directly with Peter. I hate to miss out because late comers go straight to Peter.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Geeze, do we stay on the PPS list (I think I'm #5) or deal directly with Peter. I hate to miss out because late comers go straight to Peter.

If you are #5 on PPS list you should be fine. Peter is sending a portion of PF's from each batch to PPS. I think I'm closer on PPS list as well but I'm also on Peter's too. Figured I'll go with whom I show up first on and pass on my spot on the other list.

1 week later
#163 5 years ago

I'll second that bump. Hope you're getting close. It's been a couple of months since the botched first batch!

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Must be many people on Peter's WTB list. I received e-mail confirmation from him that I was on his list in Jul 2012.

I have been on the list since 6/24/12 so I feel ya!!!

#165 5 years ago

Feels like bop 2.0 all over again. We're ready, oh wait never mind some stuff came up and then darkness came

#166 5 years ago

Peter just sent me a tracking number for my playfield. It's on the way.

#168 5 years ago

Got my email from Peter about 4 hr ago. Mine is also in DHL's hands on it's way!

#169 5 years ago

Great to see these are shipping! I can't wait to see pics and hopefully it won't be long before I receive the email for mine.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Peter just sent me a tracking number for my playfield. It's on the way.

Same here. Can't wait!!

#171 5 years ago

looks like soon ebay will have a bunch of BOP used play fields offered.

#172 5 years ago

Thankfully these made it to completion, starting to feel like I may eventually get one.

#173 5 years ago

Wonder how many will go to PPS?

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Wonder how many will go to PPS?

Rick said probably only 5

#175 5 years ago

Really! Five period or five from just the first run??

#176 5 years ago

That would be from the first run. Dont know how many PPS will get from each run.

#177 5 years ago

Thanks.

#178 5 years ago

it'll be fun to see how these look in person

#179 5 years ago

I hope there's more. I was hoping at least ten in the first run.

#180 5 years ago

Thought I would link a new thread a friend of mine told me about, with pictures of the actual received playfield. The Pinside forum search engine could not locate it using [BOP playfield] due to an added space in DUDE007's post title. Thanks for posting the pictures, DUDE007!!

It looks great! Cannot wait to see mine...was shipped via DHL/USPS so tracking is not quite as precise as FedEx or UPS.

DUDE007's Post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repo-play-field-finally-arrives

3 weeks later
#181 4 years ago

After almost a month after Peter shipped it, my playfield finally arrived today. I must say, it's absolutely beautiful!! The clear is superb.

I agree with the previous post that tracking was not precise. Just a few days ago, USPS said they hadn't received it yet and DHL couldn't tell me if it was shipped to the USA or not.

#182 4 years ago

My playfield from Peter arrived a few days ago and I just unboxed it now. I'll just repeat what everyone else has already said:

WOW!

Peter has done an amazing job. As I'm looking at my game I'm almost tempted to go the full way and redecal the cabinet. My cab is original and isn't even faded, but has a lot scars. Installing this new playfield will make everything else look ratty in comparison.

Here are some pictures from my phone. They don't do it justice.

A huge, huge thanks to Peter for seeing this project through!

Randy

BoP_LR_PF.jpg BoP_Lower_PF.jpg BoP_LL_PF.jpg BoP_Full_PF.jpg BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
#183 4 years ago

all these pics are killing me ! when is PPS gonna get some of these ???

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

all these pics are killing me ! when is PPS gonna get some of these ???

As written earlier in this post. 5 playfields will go to PPS but it seems that this are also sold out.
There was a witing list at PPS also.

Cheers
Tom

2 months later
#185 4 years ago

anyone else having trouble emailing peter? my emails keep getting rejected with "Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain buthamburg.de by batman.locotech.fi"

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

anyone else having trouble emailing peter? my emails keep getting rejected with "Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain buthamburg.de by batman.locotech.fi"

I just PM'd his address

#187 4 years ago

I have his email address problem is his mail server is rejecting mail from my google apps email

#188 4 years ago

PPS will be 'ordering' the BOP playfields, and have sent messages to those on our pre-reserve list.

You can now pre-pay for them and we will order those that are paid for.

Would be available in Jul/Aug and if interested, please order before Tues 6/16 as we need to get the Qty to Germany to have the right amount done.

Here is the ordering link:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50002R

#189 4 years ago

This is really really awesome news!

#190 4 years ago

Anyone else having trouble purchasing? I get this message when I try.

"Shipping could not be calculated for your basket. This may be due to a network or configuration error, or the contents of your basket may not be able to be shipped in a single shipment."

I've emailed Rick and he seems to think its maybe just an issue with shipping to Australia not yet calculated and he suggests I use the "local Pickup" option and then he'll just bill me the shipping before they're sent. All good only there doesn't seem to be a local pick up option that I can see. I'm obviously missing something here.

I sent Rick another email but I think with it still being the weekend over there he hasn't had a chance to respond. I'm really excited about these playfields happening and I don't want to miss the boat before Tuesdays cut off. Any advise welcome. Thanks.

#191 4 years ago

I had no issues ordering. I'm in the USA. Shipping calculated to be around 75 bucks or so though

#192 4 years ago

Worth every penny!

2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg 2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
#193 4 years ago

I'm starting the tear down process on my machine tonight.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I had no issues ordering. I'm in the USA. Shipping calculated to be around 75 bucks or so though

Ordering issues sorted! I'm happy to say I'm locked in.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

PPS will be 'ordering' the BOP playfields, and have sent messages to those on our pre-reserve list.
You can now pre-pay for them and we will order those that are paid for.
Would be available in Jul/Aug and if interested, please order before Tues 6/16 as we need to get the Qty to Germany to have the right amount done.
Here is the ordering link:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50002R

Only a 2-day window? Yikes.

Why so short?

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Only a 2-day window? Yikes.
Why so short?

Well, it wasn't 2 days, thank you. I sent messages out Sat AM, so that would be 4 days, and on Weds Peter informed me that he needs the counts. We already have been running a pre-reserve for months, so not sure what is short notice here, just a complimentary message here for anyone that was interested. Also, I think people can figure out if they want to purchase within a few days ...

#197 4 years ago

If you are on fence, suggest you get this PF if you want a beautiful PF for your bride. I was lucky to get one in first run through Rick an PPS. Peter is doing a masterful job on these PFs.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Peter is doing a masterful job on these PFs.

Now that you have yours hows the clear coat and how is it holding up?

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Well, it wasn't 2 days, thank you. I sent messages out Sat AM, so that would be 4 days, and on Weds Peter informed me that he needs the counts. We already have been running a pre-reserve for months, so not sure what is short notice here, just a complimentary message here for anyone that was interested. Also, I think people can figure out if they want to purchase within a few days ...

I agree--anyone who wants it will certainly pounce on it. I'd just hate to see folks miss out simply because they didn't check their email for a few days.

I'm sure plenty of folks appreciate the heads up either way. Glad to see things are moving along.

#200 4 years ago

I have learned over the years, that if you think you will need or need a pinball part and its available, you better buy it because it may not get remade for a long time if ever. If you end up not needing the part, then you can always sell it somebody who does need it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 9.99
$ 9.99
Various Other Swag
Circus Maximus
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside