(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#102 9 years ago

Sweet. Send me one just like that now. I'll have my own clear done this time

I just want my game back together at this point....

#103 9 years ago

Same here. Peter emailed me pics as well. Looks like he is close, if not ready, to ship.

#104 9 years ago

85vett, our orders are not ready yet...

#105 9 years ago

I swear. This whole hobby is starting to be more frustrating than fun. Just read the PPS forum. There are multiple pre-order list and nobody there mentions when they will get to the PPS list. All I want to know is when these will be available to buy. If you're going to make me wait 6 months+ I'll put the game back together and dump it as there is not guarantee we would even get one.

#106 9 years ago

I am holding out hope that mirco's list has several play fields for PPS on it. Who knows. I have never found a way to get ahold of mirco let alone ask to be put on his waiting list

#107 9 years ago

According to Rick they are separate.

#108 9 years ago

I called Planetary yesterday and the lady who answered the phone said that they don't do pre-order lists. They just ask who wants one to see how many they need to have made. I really just want to ensure that I'm going to be able to get one and I have anxiety about having to constantly check the website or the forums to make sure they are/aren't for sale yet. If anyone finds out how to reserve these (if possible) please let me know.

#109 9 years ago

When they started selling the IPB playfields Rick went out of his way to make sure he contacted the requestors in order. I have faith that Rick will honor his list for these playfields.

#110 9 years ago

Which list is his list? I posted in the PPS forum saying I wanted one and I filled out the info on another link that asked for my info and how many I wanted... I hope either one of those was the right list!

#111 9 years ago

Ive done 2 requests as well with no response if it helps.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:

Which list is his list? I posted in the PPS forum saying I wanted one and I filled out the info on another link that asked for my info and how many I wanted... I hope either one of those was the right list!

I did the same - I think we will be in the 2nd batch - he is only getting 8 - 10 in the first run

#113 9 years ago

This BoP is about one of the most agonizing builds ever. My whole family (who could care less about pinball) is actually eagerly awaiting this playfield. I keep spending more money on things I don't need for this machine (like the beautiful mirror back glass etc).

Looks like I'm way over budget and not recouping any on this... but it's not going to be for sale anyway.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

This BoP is about one of the most agonizing builds ever. My whole family (who could care less about pinball) is actually eagerly awaiting this playfield. I keep spending more money on things I don't need for this machine (like the beautiful mirror back glass etc).
Looks like I'm way over budget and not recouping any on this... but it's not going to be for sale anyway.

I can sympathize with you. Got the PF's new home ready though

IMG_5968.jpgIMG_5968.jpg

#115 9 years ago

That powder coat looks awesome - great idea

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got the PF's new home ready though

Looks like a P-ROC lurking in there

#117 9 years ago

I'll have to post my BoP casket as well.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

That powder coat looks awesome - great idea

Actually is Automotive paint. I decided to try out some candy purple to see how it would blend the black decals in with with DP backpanel. I'm liking it so far.

Quoted from Snux:

Looks like a P-ROC lurking in there

Better believe it. No expense spared in this restoration, so it's getting 2.0

#119 9 years ago

I thought about bidding on this BOP on ebay but I think its goint to go for too much.

ebay.com link: The Machine Bride of Pinbot pinball machine

#120 9 years ago

But I would rather get a fully restored BOP since I'm all thumbs when it comes to restoring.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

But I would rather get a fully restored BOP since I'm all thumbs when it comes to restoring.

No question - that one still has insert wear

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

No question - that one still has insert wear

bad cab fade on right side as well

#123 9 years ago

The guy who bought it over paid. Should have been $1600 tops in that condition.

#124 9 years ago

Bury me in this if this playfield doesnt work out before I croak

image.jpgimage.jpg
#125 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

Bury me in this if this playfield doesnt work out before I croak

image.jpg 176 KB

I'd take those plastic leg "protectors" off if you value your cab art. They do more harm than good. The smaller metal protectors are way better.

#127 9 years ago

They actually do, especially with new decal installs. They are fine if you use the Stern stand offs though if you want them for the look. Seen several games with issues with those and a lot of the high quality restores refuse to put them on games now.

Cab looks great!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

They actually do, especially with new decal installs. They are fine if you use the Stern stand offs though if you want them for the look. Seen several games with issues with those and a lot of the high quality restores refuse to put them on games now.
Cab looks great!

Agreed 100%. If those plastic ones have not caused any damage yet, you should replace them with these...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

These fit under the leg and actually hold the leg away from the cabinet art by a very tiny amount.

--Scott

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Agreed 100%. If those plastic ones have not caused any damage yet, you should replace them with these...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711
These fit under the leg and actually hold the leg away from the cabinet art by a very tiny amount.
--Scott

Agreed

#130 9 years ago

yep - best thing to do

#131 9 years ago

I thought the consensus was that those leg protectors were fine with cabinets that had painted art, but bad for decals. Is that not correct?

I know for sure they are problematic for decals, I had them on my ST briefly, and took them off and sure enough there were creases in the side decals. Luckily for me they flattened back out.

#132 9 years ago

+1

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I thought the consensus was that those leg protectors were fine with cabinets that had painted art, but bad for decals. Is that not correct?
I know for sure they are problematic for decals, I had them on my ST briefly, and took them off and sure enough there were creases in the side decals. Luckily for me they flattened back out.

Not true. My SW DE had them installed and they wore the paint down to the wood. Same with an old TMNT I had. It may take longer but eventually they'll damage both paint or decals. Best to just avoid using these if your goal is to prevent damage.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

From what I've read from others here on the forums:

• Thick felt protectors - works fine for both art and decals, although they might not prevent damage from legs that are over or under-tightened.
  • Thin felt protectors - don't bother, they don't offer much protection.
  • Plastic - Ok for art, but can cause wrinkling on decals. Also, this can be a good option for covering up prior cabinet damage caused by the legs (but again, can still cause decal wrinkling).
  • Metal - Good for art and decals. These add a gap between the legs and the cabinet to prevent the edges of legs from rubbing against the cabinet. These protectors might cause some damage due to rubbing over a long period of time, but it will be hidden by the legs.
#135 9 years ago

For the hundreds of hours and $$$ spent to restore a cabinet, just spend $15 and get the stern brackets. Not even remotely worth the risk of an issue popping up.

#136 9 years ago

meh. I use the plastic protectors because

1) I like the look of them and use them to accent the machine
2) NEVER had cabinet wrinkles in home use

5 plus years ... so...

#137 9 years ago

How many of those NEVER's were on games with new decals? It's a bigger issue with fresh decals.

I hate being a knat but I would hate for you to waste all that time making a super nice cab just to have them wrinkle up on you. You can still use the other ones for the look over the stand off Stern ones.

I've seen it myself and it happened on my TFLE. Fortunately, I caught it in time and was able to flatten things out. I thought the same thing and it bit me in the ass.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How many of those NEVER's were on games with new decals? It's a bigger issue with fresh decals.
I hate being a knat but I would hate for you to waste all that time making a super nice cab just to have them wrinkle up on you. You can still use the other ones for the look over the stand off Stern ones.
I've seen it myself and it happened on my TFLE. Fortunately, I caught it in time and was able to flatten things out. I thought the same thing and it bit me in the ass.

I don't think we will convince him! Lol

#139 9 years ago

After I replaced the cabinet artwork on my Indiana Jones, I installed some of the protectors from pinball life. To eliminate ANY chance of wrinkling the new artwork, I cut away the portion of the decal under the protector and removed it entirely so even the protector has no contact except with the cabinet itself.

Greg

#140 9 years ago

To get the thread back on topic
Received an email from Peter today! One more sanding operation, + one more clear coat. Then they need to sit until the 18th before he can pack and ship it.

Good to hear!

Matt

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

Received an email from Peter today! One more sanding operation, + one more clear coat. Then they need to sit until the 18th before he can pack and ship it.
Good to hear!
Matt

cant wait to get mine !

#142 9 years ago

Hopefully it won't be too long for the next run - don't think I'll make this cut.

Scott

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

After I replaced the cabinet artwork on my Indiana Jones, I installed some of the protectors from pinball life. To eliminate ANY chance of wrinkling the new artwork, I cut away the portion of the decal under the protector and removed it entirely so even the protector has no contact except with the cabinet itself.
Greg

Now THAT'S smart.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

Same here. Paid in full on Friday. One more coat of clear and they ship. Looking very forward to seeing the final product. Kudos to Peter for seeing this through after so many years!!

Randy

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Same here. Paid in full on Friday. One more coat of clear and they ship. Looking very forward to seeing the final product. Kudos to Peter for seeing this through after so many years!!
Randy

RandyV and 500VDC, you guys got notice you're in this batch? Anyone else get notice?
Guess I'm in like WeirPinball and didn't make the cut...

#146 9 years ago

I didn't even know to order it. Love to get one for mine.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

RandyV and 500VDC, you guys got notice you're in this batch? Anyone else get notice?

im guessing these guys got theirs from peter directly as ive made the 1st batch list from PPS and havent heard anything yet.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Correct. I ordered directly from Peter and have been on his list since he first announced he was doing these a little over four years ago. So I have been in line for a loooooong time. He contacted me a few months ago (before the first batch was ruined) to confirm I was still interested. I assume if I had dropped out, he would have moved down the list to find someone else to take my spot.

I have no first hand information, but I would speculate Peter was allowed to a sell a small number of playfields directly to the people he had on his list since the start of the project. As I said, I first contacted him about the playfields near the end of 2010. I have no idea how may people might be on that list but my impression is that it was not too many. My assumption also is that after Peter fulfills his commitments to his customers that all future production would go to and be sold through PPS. Again -- that's just my outsiders view of the situation. I have no direct info from or relationship to Peter or PPS.

Randy

#149 9 years ago

I am similar to Randy, except a bit later. My first email to express interest was in October 2011. I have been picking up other parts as I could along the way...ramps, plastics, etc. Really looking forward to this, and NOT looking at my worn, gray-that-turned-dull-yellow-outside-of-mylar playfield.

Matt

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from 500VDC:

I am similar to Randy, except a bit later. My first email to express interest was in October 2011. I have been picking up other parts as I could along the way...ramps, plastics, etc. Really looking forward to this, and NOT looking at my worn, gray-that-turned-dull-yellow-outside-of-mylar playfield.
Matt

I got in around the same time you did. Just waiting for him to finish them and ship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.