(Topic ID: 108108)

BoP repro playfield - finally a reality!

By Chippewa-Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Buthamburg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender (4).jpg
2015-05-26 20.48.32.jpg
2015-05-26 20.38.04.jpg
BoP_Full_PF.jpg
BoP_Backlit_PF.jpg
BoP_LL_PF.jpg
BoP_LR_PF.jpg
BoP_Lower_PF.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg
8c.JPG
8b.JPG
8a.JPG
soon.JPG
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago

Peter said their vendor messed up when shooting the clear and they could not fix them. The playfields have to be redone. Not sure if that meant they need to manufacture new ones, but I think it does. He said something about being unable to sand the clear and when they tried it caused chipping or damage around the inserts. I assume the pfs were junked.

What it does mean is a delay. No big deal for me. I've been on the wait list since 2011 and can wait a little longer for them to be right.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Peter said their vendor messed up when shooting the clear and they could not fix them. The playfields have to be redone. Not sure if that meant they need to manufacture new ones, but I think it does. He said something about being unable to sand the clear and when they tried it caused chipping or damage around the inserts. I assume the pfs were junked.

#EpicFacepalm

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

What it does mean is a delay. No big deal for me. I've been on the wait list since 2011 and can wait a little longer for them to be right.

well crap

#54 9 years ago

its clear. it coats! Get it done already

#55 9 years ago

#56 9 years ago

It will be worth the wait. Don't want to rush perfection!

Who knows, maybe the botched run will end up as seconds somewhere years down the road!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Oh no

I can't imagine all the work that went into them at that point, then realizing they were ruined at the last step.

#58 9 years ago

Give us an option to buy without clear...

#59 9 years ago

That sux !

#60 9 years ago

I didn't get an email, Ive been on Peters list for a while but apparently not for long enough!

#61 9 years ago

Ill keep waiting. As others have said, I have waited a couple years, so I can wait a couple more months.

#62 9 years ago

Did they ruin all of the first run?? Why could they have made a test CC run on some junk PF or something instead of running all of them. Sell them to us without Clear....

#63 9 years ago

I was thinking about having the clear finished anyway. I assume getting an uncleared playtime might save me a few bucks

#64 9 years ago

As I said, I am not sure how much stock was ruined. I emailed Peter and asked about selling the pfs without clear. Will let everyone know what I hear back. I suspect his deal with PPS or PPS' license with WMS may dictate whether or not that is allowable.

#65 9 years ago

Peter replied that he cannot send the pfs out uncoated. He did not say why. So that's that.

He also said he was almost done preparing the next batch of pfs and is hoping to be ready to start printing by Wednesday. So they are moving ahead..

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Peter replied that he cannot send the pfs out uncoated. He did not say why. So that's that.
He also said he was almost done preparing the next batch of pfs and is hoping to be ready to start printing by Wednesday. So they are moving ahead..

Thanks for the updates...keep them coming!

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Probably the worry over the artwork abrading during shipment - or just not wanting to lose full price sales when the cleared ones finally become reality.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably the worry over the artwork abrading during shipment - or just not wanting to lose full price sales when the cleared ones finally become reality.

I always worry about the clear reacting when I get a new pf since I usually don't like the job done on the original clear. Lost one pf so far so that's not too bad when I've probably done around 30....

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I always worry about the clear reacting when I get a new pf since I usually don't like the job done on the original clear. Lost one pf so far so that's not too bad when I've probably done around 30....

Yeah, there is that moment of anticipation when you shoot that first mist onto a playfield that you have no idea what kind of clear is on it.

Reminds you that you are alive.

#71 9 years ago

Looks like I have been snoozing for too long... I sent a request for a new playfield myself, lets hope I can get in on this still as well!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, there is that moment of anticipation when you shoot that first mist onto a playfield that you have no idea what kind of clear is on it.
Reminds you that you are alive.

Yea that's what I think when that happens! OH SHIT.. where's the THINNER moment

#73 9 years ago

here is a pin that could use the new play field if some one wants to overhaul oneebay.com link: The Machine Bride of Pinbot pinball machine Williams NO RESERVE

1 week later
#74 9 years ago

Any updates on a new release date ???

#75 9 years ago

None. I posted that same question on the PPS forum a week ago. So far nothing. Originally they thought some time in December to get the first batch redone. Hopefully that is the case. I have a game all torn apart waiting for a playfield at this point.

#76 9 years ago

I did the request a playfield thing too and no response, I guess that clear issue really set them back unfortunately.

#77 9 years ago

I'm hoping that since they got so close and had issues that they are being more cautious with our optimism this time.

#78 9 years ago

I'm just bummed as I tore mine apart expecting it by the end of Dec. Now it looks like I'll have it in pieces for a while just collecting dust. Learned my lesson. Don't start the restore until you have parts in house.

Hopefully it's just a minor set-back and it doesn't take them months to get it back on track.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm just bummed as I tore mine apart expecting it by the end of Dec. Now it looks like I'll have it in pieces for a while just collecting dust. Learned my lesson. Don't start the restore until you have parts in house.
Hopefully it's just a minor set-back and it doesn't take them months to get it back on track.

With you on that brother. I learned that painful lesson with my Whirlwind, had my game completely torn down waiting for a CPR PF and then found out after a 2 year wait, and at the 11th hour, I was not going to get my PF because they sold out of them before getting to me on the pre-order list. Bummer..

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

With you on that brother. I learned that painful lesson with my Whirlwind, had my game completely torn down waiting for a CPR PF and then found out after a 2 year wait, and at the 11th hour, I was not going to get my PF because they sold out of them before getting to me on the pre-order list. Bummer..

that sucks! they need to make more!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

...had my game completely torn down waiting for a CPR PF and then found out after a 2 year wait, and at the 11th hour, I was not going to get my PF because they sold out of them before getting to me on the pre-order list. Bummer..

Hope you took lots of pictures! I have to many half-finished projects and could probably never remember how to put it back together!

#82 9 years ago

What's the reason they only make like 150-200 of these repros for old games? To keep the price up since people will jump on the list very fast? Or are they not sure how many they can sell and don't want to be sitting with like 100 pfs that are impossible to sell? For me it feels almost like bad reputation for them cause every time I hear about a repro I think well no need to even bother cause they will be sold out anyway... Imo I would like them to be a bit more flexible or at least make more so everyone can have their PF. If it's a licensing issue I think it sucks. I understand it's a huge task to make a repro but when they have all the artwork, stencils and what not done why not make more...

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

What's the reason they only make like 150-200 of these repros for old games? To keep the price up since people will jump on the list very fast? Or are they not sure how many they can sell and don't want to be sitting with like 100 pfs that are impossible to sell? For me it feels almost like bad reputation for them cause every time I hear about a repro I think well no need to even bother cause they will be sold out anyway... Imo I would like them to be a bit more flexible or at least make more so everyone can have their PF. If it's a licensing issue I think it sucks. I understand it's a huge task to make a repro but when they have all the artwork, stencils and what not done why not make more...

It's because these things can be expensive and they can't predict how many will sell. It's why CPR was doing the preorder system of sorts. Most of these guys doing the repros aren't huge businesses with a ton of cash laying around. Production isn't cheap. Yes, it's cheaper probably to do one larger run than two smaller runs, but with no guaranteed sales, it's a huge risk.

Any time a new playfield is announced, there are a lot of people lined up saying "I want one" but when the time comes to pony up the cash, who knows how many actually will. They made 8k BOPs. How many playfields should they run?

#84 9 years ago

I will never understand how these companies can continuly screw up the clearing process...... It really is inexcusable, especially when it happen as frequently as it does. Don't tell me it's rocket science.....Its not!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I will never understand how these companies can continuly screw up the clearing process.

They don't do it inhouse.

They don't want to spend $400 per playfield to get it done right.

-

The clear you get from CPR is better than the factory clear ever was originally.

But if you want "ultimate clear", it's gonna cost ya.....

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Hope you took lots of pictures! I have to many half-finished projects and could probably never remember how to put it back together!

I take lots of pictures of the top PF stuff as I am removing things. I put most the components in Baggies that are related to a specific assembly, etc. I label all the posts and make a "post" map of where they go on a sheet of paper, so I get all the posts and standoff where they belong. I lay them out on a big table along side the game, pretty much in position they will be in on the PF when I put it back together. I work on the underside components one by one and re-install them as I finish cleaning/rebuilding them, again, I take lots of pictures as I am removing stuff, as a precaution if I break wires, or something comes loose. In case of WW, I had to put some molex connectors on some of the PF switches as quick connects and also some of the underplayfield components like the spinning disk motor assembly, etc., in order to break the PF down.

#87 9 years ago

Hello to all

Im Peter from B&T Automaten Vertriebs GmbH, Hamburg Germany, also known under buthamburg.

Before we started to print the BoP we gave the paint shop a board with silk screen paint on it to
test the clear coat. I told the owner of the paint shop what happend on HS2 with the clear coat
and dont want to have the same happening again, He insured me I should not worry......
Fryday 7 Nov. I started to sand the first clear coat, Board nr 5 the clear coat got lose in an area,
Well I thought it can happen, maybe a bad spot and carried on. On Sunday evening, 8 boards to sand,
it happenend again. I started to scratch and the clear coat came loose, I scratch on finished sanded
playfields, the clear coat came loose. In the begining i thought that I could safe the print but when taking off the clear coat the black printed suroundings chips off with the clear coat. So now I had to start again. I sanded down all the boards.
That is now all done and the printing has started again. On Monday 15 we will print dark blue and then the last, the black.
I will try and get the first clear coat on before Xmas.
This time I have an idiot safe proceedur, I will supply the clear coat that needs to be used.

I appologizes for all the unconvinience that this situation has caused.
My Home pages is down, I just dont have enough time.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#88 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the explanation!

#89 9 years ago

Thanks a lot for chiming in peter! Really appreciate all your efforts!

NJGecko, yes that's true. You'll never know how many you can sell. Good there are some done at least =) though I wish there could be more. Too bad I suck at illustrator or similar vector based graphics otherwise I would try to make myself a new high speed field.

#90 9 years ago

thank you for the update !!!

#91 9 years ago

#92 9 years ago

Thanks Peter! Looking forward to the finished product, no matter how long it takes. Good luck with the second batch.

Randy

#94 9 years ago

Glad to hear you are moving in the right direction - Can't wait to see the new pfs!

#95 9 years ago

Sounds great. Hopefully you will keep checking back on us here on Pinside. I am curious though, I sent in a request on the form to be added to the list and have had no response. Are there still quite a few playfields available? If so, what is "the best" way to ensure I can get my hands on one. Thanks in advance.

#96 9 years ago

I just can't figure out how to get on the list!

#97 9 years ago

the first batch is spoken for from the pps forum. you can still go to the pps site under pre-reserve items.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

the first batch is spoken for from the pps forum. you can still go to the pps site under pre-reserve items.

Did that. Also emailed the guy making them a year ago. And emailed Rick.

I will just re-submit my request.

#99 9 years ago

I want to find out of the guy who is going to clear these has read Vid's guide. Seems like clearing so the f'ing clear wont slide off when you sand it is pretty 101 stuff with the resources we have available here.

1 month later
#100 9 years ago

Just got these pictures from Peter, the progress looks amazing! Can't wait to swap this out!

8a.JPG8a.JPG 8b.JPG8b.JPG 8c.JPG8c.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repro-playfield-finally-a-reality/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.