386855.jpg
CAM00869.jpg
IMG_6100.jpg
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_6095.jpg
IMG_6096.jpg
IMG_6094.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buthamburg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

Hello to all.

Im Peter from Buthamburg in Hamburg Germany

The first run of BoP turned out very small for the wood suppliere let me down. I wanted
to eventualy run a production to atleast make some people happy, untfortunitly I only had a very small number of boards, now were near to serve all on my List.

I am planning the second run on BoP, finalizing target approx July 2015.
If you arent on a List yet, then please send me an email to [email protected]
to get on my pre-order list.

My pre-order list goes far back, I wrote to all on my list. I have to make a new list, some mail accounts
on my list are not valid anymore (Email account changed) and others dont have thier BoP anymore. Its starting to get confusing.

I you were on my List and have recieved an email from me, then please let me know. I will make sure that all the people on my List will receive their playfield on the second run.

Greg and Tom. Thank you for your positive feed back, I really appriciate it. It makes me very happy.
I have just made a picture of a playfield under reflection. Im not 100% satisfied with the clear coat,
but for a series production its not yet possible for me to get it better.

To get a really perfect clear coat you would have to water block with 3500 grian, then buff it up
and you will have a mirrow.

I wish all a pleasant day.

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

IMG_6510.JPGIMG_6510.JPG
#35 9 years ago

Hi Scott
No, it would fake the quontity
Peter

#45 9 years ago

Hope you didnt go to bed yet
Yes PPS is getting a bunch of playfields on this limited run.

#47 9 years ago

They have not been shipped yet. Im still waiting the clear coat to harden on the last 3
Boards, then the bunch will be shipped out. Approx 23 March.

#54 9 years ago

End of March the clear coat will be 4 weeks on, I would recomend 6 weeks to be on the safe side.
So it would fit nicley into the weekend 11 of April.

#66 9 years ago

You can see that the inserts are nice and flat, but there are these slight marks arround the inserts, plastic to wood. Not possible to get them away in a fresh production. The sanding is still a problem,
using mashines doesnt give that Water Block finishing. Otherwise its OK.

Yes it is better to drill the holes, then you are on the safe side.

#73 9 years ago

Thank you to all, I really appriciate your acceptance, makes me very happy.
The spider crackes always come. They are very slight thou.
Its 2 different kinds of materials, wood and plastic. Both these materials
work defferant under tempriture and moisture. I have never seen a playfield
that doesnt have them. I have heard that you can apply 20 clear coats stories
but I have never seen 1. I have tried it on a Star Trek NG. Every 6 mounths a water block
and new clear coat, after 3 years I stopped. I dont want to wake fals hopes, you will always
see them, latest after a few mounths. The finishing is good and this is my standard on all boards that
I will produce. Thanks again. Peter

#75 9 years ago

Yes its a customs. I have sent out many playfields on the same day, some have arrived, 2, the rest is still pending. 4 or 5 of them are in a distribution palce in the USA.

#94 9 years ago

Hello to all.

First I want to let you all know that this is not ontop of the inserts,
its from the underside. Mainly it is dust from sanding and can be wiped away
with a damp cloth, some need a bit more rubbing. It has nothing to do with the screen print and the clear coat, its from underneath!

While glewing the inserts it easly can happen that you acidently have some glew on your glows and you touch the bottom of the insert. It did happen and I have changed many inserts
because of that. The glew has to chemicly re-act with the plastic. It then leaves slight marks on the insert.

LED light. LED light is the worse light that you can use to examen any plastic part. LED light
Is clear and brilliant. It doesnt only fake colors, but also if you examen a plastic part under normal light, it will look nice, but if you examen the same plastic part with LED light you will be very suprised how many marks the plastic part has.

For me it is important to make a good product. I used a little more glew to insure that the inserts wont pop out sooner or later. Under normal light and special from players view it will never be noticable. This is still hand work and hand printing, if you look for mistakes, Im pretty sure you will find them on every playfield produced.

The picture showing the insert with the rocket really shocked me, I checked the boards that I still have here,
but dont have not 1 that looks like that, not sure if its because of a good high resolution camera making over size
pictures.

Peter

10 months later
#151 8 years ago

3rd Run BOP Repro Playfields.

Hello to all

The 3rd run of BOP Playfields is ready to start. Now is the time were I would like
you to confirm / commit your purchase with a 100 Euro pre payment via PayPal
to [email protected].
On this run we will apply at least 3 coats of clear coat, that will cause the price to be slightly higher. I am trying to get the edging around the inserts better. If a forth coat is necessary
I will apply it on my cost.
If you wish to pay in full to take advantage in the good exchange rate, you are welcome to do so. But please don’t rush me, it takes time, the most time is spent on waiting for the clear coat to settle, I can do nothing to rush the settling of the clear coat.

If you wish to have a proto type playfield with yellow inserts please add 100 Euro to the playfield price. We are only making 5 proto type playfields to keep them as a special.

Price for the USA and Canada
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 95 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 725 Euro
=================================

Price for Australia
1 BOP repro Playfield 630 Euro
Shipping via Airfreight / insurance 105 Euro
--------------------------------------------------------
Total 735 Euro
=================================

Price for Europe EC
1 BOP repro Playfield 630
Shipping / insurance 35
VAT 19% 126,35
-------------------------------------------------------
Total 791,35
================================

Thank you.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#153 8 years ago

I would love to. But in May it will not be possible, maybe Chicago in Oktober

#156 8 years ago

I fetched the rest of the boards. Packing them today. Ill send out all the remaining boards.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

3 weeks later
#158 8 years ago

Hello to all.

We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
We will still need alot of hours to optimze all

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

1 week later
#159 8 years ago

Hello to all.

The inserts are all in now. We will let them rest a while for the glue to harden out nicely, end of next week we will start to sand them.

If anyone still has intrest for a Playfield, we still have a couple free.
Please send me an email to [email protected]

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

2 months later
#160 7 years ago

Hello to all.

The boards have been printed and the first clear has been applied. We have to wait a bit so that the clear coat can settle.
Then we will sand them down and send them for the second clear coat.

Wish you all a nice day.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buthamburg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bop-repo-play-field-finally-arrives?tu=buthamburg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.